Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Roomkey.com - New hotel booking service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Most

Just got an email regarding this service that was just launched today.

Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, InterContinental Hotels Group, Wyndham and Choice are backing the service and maybe financially as well.

Not sure how this is going to work as:

Six of the world’s major hotel companies are banding together to launch Roomkey.com, a new online hotel search engine that will provide consumers with a search-and-book experience using hotel company-supplied rates and availability
So, they are going to just "repackage" all the inventory that the hotels are selling on their own websites?

I would say that I RARELY book any of the regular or sale rates found on hotels own websites. Normally the rates that I use are negotiated.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Checked it out. Don't see the advantage versus either hotel operator sites or the Kayaks, Hotels.coms, etc. of the world.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 10:39 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Another article on this topic, from a prominent hospitality industry mag:
http://blog.lhonline.com/front-desk/...ll-the-brands/
Old Feb 4, 2013, 10:30 am

Hey,
have you checked
http://hotelbooksave.com/
Its good too. They are giving some discount in every booking. Please check.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 10:12 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Great Rates on Hotels Near Major U.S. Airports

If you're looking for hotel accommodations near major U.S. airports, you should look at YourRoomKey.com which is a members only website (not related to RoomKey.com).

Last edited by jabez; Mar 10, 2013 at 11:11 am Reason: personal promotion

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.