trying to find decent fare to CUN from ALB or BDL or BOS (I know BOS is prob lowest)

Subscribe
What tools would I use to research the best fare to go to CUN from any of the airports in the topic title? I've tried the travelocity "flexible dates" option with medium success, usually the lowest rate fares are sold out.

What i did was found a good fare.. April 25 - May 2, 2012 from BDL to CUN for two passengers for 919 after all fees and taxes, so OK I go in priceline and bid 425, rejected, 450, rejected!... what am i doing wrong? Are there any tips I could be using to find a better fare? I plan to travel anytime between JAN15 - APR30, for 7day duration whichever dates are the lowest.

thanks! (first post)
Quote: I plan to travel anytime between JAN15 - APR30, for 7day duration whichever dates are the lowest.

thanks! (first post)
Welcome to Flyertalk.

Before and after spring breaks get the lowest rates. January 15 to February 15 and late April. A friend goes down first week in February, rents a condo at the Royal Sands and has a ball.

Condos on Cancun often do Saturday to Saturday so I checked rates on Kayak.com for air February 18 to 25. AirTran out of HPN (Westchester County, Ny) was the cheapest at $735. January 14 or 15 departure from BDL on AA is only $544 (1 stop less for two stop). Mid January is a quiet time in Cancun and airfares are low.

Kayak lets you set price alerts.
Quote: Welcome to Flyertalk.

Before and after spring breaks get the lowest rates. January 15 to February 15 and late April. A friend goes down first week in February, rents a condo at the Royal Sands and has a ball.

Condos on Cancun often do Saturday to Saturday so I checked rates on Kayak.com for air February 18 to 25. AirTran out of HPN (Westchester County, Ny) was the cheapest at $735. January 14 or 15 departure from BDL on AA is only $544 (1 stop less for two stop). Mid January is a quiet time in Cancun and airfares are low.

Kayak lets you set price alerts.
Thanks for the reply, are you quoting for one or two passengers for the BDL/AA flights?
Priceline's airline ticket service hasn't been a viable option for years with the exception of last minute sometimes. Airlines can sell out their flights on their own so there is no incentive to significantly discount through Priceline.
You can use the explore feature over at Kayak and play around with the dates

www.kayak.com/explore

You can for example do $395 per person on Delta March 31 to April 7 out of Boston.

Not sure you will find much less than that right now, prices are not really that low right now.
Quote: Thanks for the reply, are you quoting for one or two passengers for the BDL/AA flights?
One. Always shop for one to get the lowest price. Then increase it to your max. If per person goes up back down until you get that low price. It may be that 3 of 4 tickets are at the low price but if you price 4 the price per person jumps. I have often in that situation bought the three cheap tickets, waited a day, then gone back and bought the last ticket at the same or at a higher price. If the seat chart shows close to full, I do not wait the day.