Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheapoair.com Success Stories?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2011, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Cheapoair.com Success Stories?

I've read a lot of bad things. They seem to be shady at best, but I am willing to try them. At worst I don't fly which is fine. I can take my vacation later if need be. It seems most complaints are about needing to change tickets after purchase which I won't need to do.

I'm looking for anyone that doesn't feel scammed by them, but by all means please share any experiences.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
I have only used them once. I needed to go from Seattle to Delhi and I found an AF/KL/NW itinerary on CheapoAir that nobody else was displaying and came out $200 cheaper than the competition. I swallowed hard and booked it, but needn't have worried -- it came out fine, and I quickly received PNR codes that let me double-check the itinerary on all three airlines' websites. I didn't have to alter anything though.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 1:46 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by keirnna
It seems most complaints are about needing to change tickets after purchase which I won't need to do.
LOL. Do you really think that ANYONE who makes changes after purchase thinks, before they book, that they will need to change? Unless you are God and know your future, how can you say this?

Personally I would never use or recommend this company, based on the history of issues I have repeatedly read about from various sources.

Good luck!
Old Aug 3, 2011, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fti
LOL. Do you really think that ANYONE who makes changes after purchase thinks, before they book, that they will need to change? Unless you are God and know your future, how can you say this?

Personally I would never use or recommend this company, based on the history of issues I have repeatedly read about from various sources.

Good luck!
I suppose so. I tried to book on Cheapoair, actually clicked book, but the tickets I wanted weren't available. I ended up going through Expedia, paid a bit more than I wanted, but am happy that I did, because now super typhoon Muifa is about to ground all flights here and I'll have to reschedule my trip. I am hoping they make a call on cancelling the flights soon so they can route me out today before the main storm hits instead of tomorrow when the flight will surely be cancelled or even worse try to fly me out several days later.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 5:47 am

Programs: Delta, Alaska Air, & BA
I booked our SAV-ORD-NRT-BKK-NRT-ORD-SAV in J class for $3,900 ai with United. With in minutes I had my United PNR and picked my seats. UA twice changed the routing with unrealistic connections and Cheapoair promptly fixed/re-routed me. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. The next best price I found (travel was 12/19/11 - 01/03/12) was $ 5,800 out of SAV.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 9:34 pm

I too booked through Cheapoair, they had the least expensive airfare for my MFR-DEN-PHL-ZRH flight. I mad seat selections on US Airways, couldn't do it for my first leg which is on United Express and I would have to call UAL to get the seat selection made so I didn't bother and they selected me a seat (so I am happy with that).

I check my itinerary once a month with USAirways and fortunately I did as my flight time with UAL changed (no I didn't get a call and no I don't think I would've gotten a call or notice in the mail or email, yada yada, this is passenger's responsibility... /sigh) ) so now I have to be at the airport 30 minutes earlier than I originally booked :S

Going back to the US I will not be using cheapoair only because I found someone cheaper for Berlin-NYC as I need to make stop there for an interview.

I would use cheapoair again, but only if I know I won't have to change my tickets because cheapoair doesn't allow ticket changes IIRC and if they do its $200 plus the airline's own fees so its not worth the change.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 8:51 pm

I had success booking a reasonably priced flight basically a mth in advance from Ottawa-YOW to DC-IAD this year. Friend also booked a flight to Vietnam for a better price than what other sites had to offer, np. Good, despite initial suspicion. Note that there were no hitches so this doesn't account for cx service experience/interaction.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Delta DM, Starwood Gold
Stay far away from this outfit...... My Dad had booked two tickets to fly TPA to BOS. Unfortunately he had to have surgery (Triple bypass) and could not fly on the booked dates. The airline was great and set it up to waive all change fees as did Cheapoair at the time. The credit for the cost of the flight was with Cheapoair. Now it is time to rebook the flights and cheapoair booked them flights at $250 per ticket more than the airline offered. I even called the airline to ask and see if the web fare was available to a travel agent and they said yes. So cheapo did live up to not charging a change fee but earned commission on a higher fare and it cost my folks an extra $500 for a short domestic US flight. Customer Service was awful to deal with to get this taken care of as well.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 9:41 pm

How can I attach my FF # after booking a flight with CheapOAir?
Old Apr 16, 2014, 8:56 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold. Emirates Silver BAEC Silver Air Canada 35k
I had YYZ-VCE. PReMIUM ECONOMY. BEST PRICE . NO PROBLEM same bo BA only problem I had is they didnt put my name just. without Mr or Miss. I had my BAEC membership with Mr.
it took almost 3 weeks to claim my mile.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 10:54 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Has anyone had any issues with Cheapo Air and flight changes due to airline issues? just read that a person was flying AC and the crew timed out. AC stated that they would not reaccomadate as the ticket was booked via Cheapo and the pax should call them. What happens in irrops? I would assume that the carrier should handle the changes not cheapo? Kindly advise. Thanks and Safe Travels
Old Jul 3, 2014, 11:02 pm

I've used them about 3 times (all BA flights) without any problems. Would use them again if their prices beat other sites.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 6:59 pm

Stay Away Not Good When you have to change flights

I have to change flights and they are charging me a fee that is the same price as that of the original ticket. This is unethical and I will never use this agency ever again and I hope that others can learn from my mistake.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by godisgood6767
I have to change flights and they are charging me a fee that is the same price as that of the original ticket. This is unethical and I will never use this agency ever again and I hope that others can learn from my mistake.
yes, your mistake is not reading the fare rules properly

eg
https://thepointsguy.com/2014/10/air...to-avoid-them/

united/AA/Delta has a change fee of $200, which sometimes can be more than the fare itself

how is it unethical when you didn't buy a fully refundable/flexible ticket?
Old Mar 15, 2017, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by godisgood6767
Welcome to FT. Perhaps you can share some more information about your issaue and someone here may be able to provide you with some additional insight.. Safe Travels

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.