Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky auction

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2011, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA, DL, HA, WN, UA, B6, KX, Amtrak, HHonors Silver, SPG
Just had a quick turnaround time on an auction for a Princeville, Kauai condo. Bid and won at a late night weekend auction, specified Thanksgiving week, and got the confirmation and a RCI voucher link on my online reservation record 11 hours later (1-2 week processing time has been more typical in the past for me). Maybe it was faster processing this time since it was a Wyndham property listed through RCI?

I had to be slightly creative to get there in a holiday week though (BDL-LIH decent flights are $1,600+ on my dates of travel). Wound up doing this as an Expedia hotel/Delta air package to Vegas...with only a one and a half night stay at the Luxor and a 7 hour layover in Vegas on the way back. For LAS to LIH, I used HA points for a coach ticket on the midnight madness flight out (flies out at 1:15 AM!) and a redeye on the way back. Always a calculated risk with end-to-end ticketing, but HA usually can tag my bag straight through when I return, can usually confirm my connecting flight, but I'm asked to recheck in with the other carrier once I get to the mainland. Savings on the airfare will basically pay for the Skyauction condo rental and airport parking.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 1:10 pm

Question Just won Sky auction bid

Hello,

I just won Sky auction bid on a 2BR resort in Orlando for a 7-night stay for $470. The listing says all taxes and services included. There is no info if parking is free, wifi, cleaning, housekeeping etc. Did I get a good deal? This is for May.

I also read that once I choose my dates, they cannot be changed. I wanted to have a flexibility to have travel insurance. But I don't see that option on the site.

Using this for the first time. Does anyone know if I can redeem the charges using my Barclays card?

Thank you!
Old Jul 31, 2018, 11:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
I have used them in 2011 and was wondering if anyone used them since then?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.