Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Do you know what happened to betterbidding.com?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2010, 10:26 am
Original Poster

I was on the site Saturday morning October, 2 when POOF it disappeared and it's not back.

Anyone know if it's forever or just for now? I miss it, biddingfortravel.com just isn't as good.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 10:27 am

It's still there for me.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Weird. I tried via Mozilla and Internet Explorer browsers as well as searching through Google and nothing. I get the error message of "check the address" blah blah.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 11:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Is betterbidding the one where the proprietor of the site has a habit of blocking users who do not click through on the links to generate the referral credits for the site? Or is that the other one?
Old Oct 17, 2010, 11:32 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please follow this thread in the Online travel Booking forum.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Oct 17, 2010, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for moving the thread to the correct forum.

sbm12, I suppose that could be it although I did always click their link when searching and booking. On the day it went POOF I was in the middle of an aggressive NYC search, using their bidding strategy and clicking through their links. I've tried our laptop too and can't bring the site up either.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

I just found posts here on flyertalk linking the blocks to biddingfortravel. sbm12, can you open betterbidding.com too?
Old Oct 17, 2010, 12:19 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I can access both sites without any problem.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 12:20 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by sbm12
Is betterbidding the one where the proprietor of the site has a habit of blocking users who do not click through on the links to generate the referral credits for the site? Or is that the other one?
It was the other site (biddingfortravel.com).
Old Oct 17, 2010, 6:53 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Originally Posted by sorriso
I was on the site Saturday morning October, 2 when POOF it disappeared and it's not back.

Anyone know if it's forever or just for now? I miss it, biddingfortravel.com just isn't as good.
Your ISP is either blocking it, or your computer has a bad dns entry for it.

If you are using a pc try the command

ipconfig /flushdns

from the command promot
Old Oct 17, 2010, 7:27 pm

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
If you still can't get on biddingfortravel, there are sites called anonymizers (probably didn't spell that right or it really isn't a word). In any case, they let you get on without revealing who you are. I don't have the name of one at hand right now, but I suspect a quick search would find one. Or you could post back here and someone undoubtedly would supply one.

When I've gotten banned from it, I have found that after a couple weeks it sort of forgets. Then I can get back on as a guest. But if I try to go further and actually sign on, I get banned again for a while.

Romelle

I've never seen the other site - betterbidding - ban anybody.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

fixed it!

A thousand thank-yous to all who responded. I did most-basic-step #1, unplugged the router, shut the computer off, plugged it back in, turned it on and I'm back! Yay!
Old Oct 20, 2010, 1:05 am

Programs: FB Plat/SPG Plat/HH Gold/LHW/SLH/SK Silver
Originally Posted by sbm12
Originally Posted by tom911
It was the other site (biddingfortravel.com).
I'm not sure about betterbidding's blocking policy but they are extremely adamant about using their links. I recommended to use a cashback program such as Mrrebates or Bigcrumbs to get a few percent cashback on Priceline purchases and that post was deleted within minutes. Every post I've seen from the moderator says you should click through their links in large letters and they are not open to any discussion involving other options. I am however pleased with their bidding calendar function.

Of course biddingfortravel and that horrendous Sheryl witch is a hundred times worse (I don't normally badmouth ppl in public forums but she is notorious).
Old Oct 20, 2010, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by Elena
Every post I've seen from the moderator says you should click through their links in large letters and they are not open to any discussion involving other options. I am however pleased with their bidding calendar function.
Granted it's pretty obvious that they are trying to make a buck out of the forum HOWEVER they are providing a very good service that will save you a lot of dough. I tolerate it for this reason.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 5:03 pm

Programs: US, DL, BA FF Progs
Originally Posted by Elena
I'm not sure about betterbidding's blocking policy but they are extremely adamant about using their links. I recommended to use a cashback program such as Mrrebates or Bigcrumbs to get a few percent cashback on Priceline purchases and that post was deleted within minutes. Every post I've seen from the moderator says you should click through their links in large letters and they are not open to any discussion involving other options. I am however pleased with their bidding calendar function.

Of course biddingfortravel and that horrendous Sheryl witch is a hundred times worse (I don't normally badmouth ppl in public forums but she is notorious).
LOL

Abagail

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.