Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

cheapoair.com, insanelycheapflights.com, onetravel.com all the same?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

cheapoair.com, insanelycheapflights.com, onetravel.com all the same?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2014, 11:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by singhkushal
I always book the flight with reputed travel websites but my wife found this onetravel site offering lowerest cost tickets. I was happy that I was able to get the best possible
price for the ticket to India booking#21456467. My itinerary was as given below:

Chicago - Vienna (Austria) - New Delhi (India) - Austrian Airline
New Delhi - Frankfurt(Germany) - Dusseldof (Germany) - New Delhi(India) - Lufthansa

While everything went fine and my travel from US to India was uneventful.
The problem came when I went to airport for catching my return flight. At the checkin counter I got a shock as airline was not allowing me to fly as they informed me that
I need an intransit visa. As I live in Indianapolis I had made further travel plan from Chicago to Indianapolis like booking the hotel and car based on this return date.

Now I contacted onetravel and they were not ready to take any responsibility for not informing about this visa requirement at the time I was booking my flight. First I would not
expect to see any itinerary that involves a visa when my intention is not visit that country. If at all that was shown, I expect them to show clearly on the details of the flight that it would need a visa. Apart from the mental trauma that I gone through I suffered financially - I had to pay full cost of return ticket ranging in $800 and also I lost money in my hotel/taxi bookings.

I am sad to see the irresponsibleness of the company.
This is confusing. For the return, did the OP plan to fly from India to Germany, take a domestic flight in Germany, and then fly back to India? Does the OP have a passport that requires a visa to enter the USA? Or was the issue that transit in Germany requires a visa for the OP's nationality while transit through Austria does not?

Note that it is always the responsibility of the passenger to verify visa requirements.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.