Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Anyone ever booked with "Luxury for Less" (FLYL4L.COM) before?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone ever booked with "Luxury for Less" (FLYL4L.COM) before?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2014, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 2mm
What annoys me the most are trolls for the various vendors who post rave (or sharply critical) reviews in forums such as this one. Just click through on a few of the favorable stories -- especially posted by FFs with only a few past posts -- and you'll find that virtually all of their other posts relate to this topic and usually relate to a particular broker. I won't call anyone out, but that practice makes one wonder about the ethics associated with some of these businesses. It also diminishes the value of real insights some of us have because of these unreliable posts. I'd be reluctant to do business with many of these shops particularly because of this practice. I've expressed this view in other threads and wish that someone with a long FT experience could convince me otherwise. Alas….
Old Jan 31, 2014, 2:17 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Originally Posted by misdirected baggage
What annoys me the most are trolls for the various vendors who post rave (or sharply critical) reviews in forums such as this one. Just click through on a few of the favorable stories -- especially posted by FFs with only a few past posts -- and you'll find that virtually all of their other posts relate to this topic and usually relate to a particular broker. I won't call anyone out, but that practice makes one wonder about the ethics associated with some of these businesses. It also diminishes the value of real insights some of us have because of these unreliable posts. I'd be reluctant to do business with many of these shops particularly because of this practice. I've expressed this view in other threads and wish that someone with a long FT experience could convince me otherwise. Alas….
I don't know if this post was directed at me or not, but I purposely didn't reveal the name of the agency I have used in my previous post because I didn't want someone thinking I was advertising for someone, which I'm not.

I have had very positive experiences using these types of discount agencies and being able to fly on flights and classes of service I could never afford. This is a real experience from a long time FTer with nothing to gain, except helping others who are interested in these types of tickets.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 11:56 am

Programs: BAEC, Delta SkyPesos, VS FC, SQ KF, AA, HHonors
I did a booking with them last February for a one-way JFK-BNE.

They do accept CC now, with a surcharge. Pricing works best if you are going OW. For round-trip, shopping around would net a comparably priced revenue ticket.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 2mm
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
I don't know if this post was directed at me or not, but I purposely didn't reveal the name of the agency I have used in my previous post because I didn't want someone thinking I was advertising for someone, which I'm not.

I have had very positive experiences using these types of discount agencies and being able to fly on flights and classes of service I could never afford. This is a real experience from a long time FTer with nothing to gain, except helping others who are interested in these types of tickets.
No, I'm sorry if it sounded that way. It was really directed to the newbies who just seem to find threads on consolidators and brokers and wax poetic (or vitriolic) about their experiences. I'm sure that many of us are much more interested in hearing what long-term FF's have to say.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 10:25 am

Programs: All of them...
Removed

Last edited by chff; Jun 18, 2014 at 7:53 am
Old May 23, 2014, 12:42 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Premier, Marriott Gold, Priority Pass, HH Gold
I used a points broker last year with no problem. I was able to pay by credit card. The quote I got from fly4less is the same as the airline prices for asia business class seats. But other quotes are rolling in cheaper.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 6:28 am

Bumping this......

First post and glad I have come across this site. Like many people here I want to use business class for a long haul trip, however the price offered I am unsure if it is too good to be true. Can anyone tell me if they have used this site recently or if anyone has had any problems with them?
Old Feb 5, 2016, 8:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
I have used SkyLux travel, and they have consistently offered the best prices and the best service. For someone who doesn't have time to keep up with the points/credit cards game, but want to fly international premium, I highly recommend this service.

PM if you want a reliable contact agent there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.