Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Sign in using an external account

Old Feb 2, 10, 3:44 pm   #1

Programs: IC RA, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Entertainment book offering $100 Bonus Bucks ($10/night)

I recently received the FLL entertainment book and it came with the following Priceline discount:

$100 bonus bucks - $10 per night up to 10 nights. This is a one time use so it can only be used on one booking

http://www.priceline.com/entertainment

Most of the Entertainment books are currently $21 + $1 shipping so this could be a good deal if you have a stay 3 nights or longer

I assume that this comes with all Entertainment books but I have not confirmed this
martyYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 10, 2:00 am   #2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyYYZ View Post
I assume that this comes with all Entertainment books but I have not confirmed this
Same with NYC, so your assumption looks right.
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 10, 11:21 am   #3

Programs: DL newly minted Platinum, but probably for the last time ever as I'll never make the required spend.
It is in the MSP book.

Romelle
Romelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 10, 10:19 am   #4

Now YMMV.

I saw a thread here I think a while back on this bonus offer. And I was going to Amsterdam and I was going to bid. So I ran out and bought the book just for this offer

Now I know that you will say that NYOP is opaque. That we really don't know what hotels will come in at.

But on a different AMS travel related forum we follow AMS And only ams prices 24/7/365 for NYOP. We know this stuff stone cold.

I knew exactly what hotel I was going to get. I knew the exact small price range it was going to come in at ($67-69)

So I am thinking, I am going for over 10 nights, I am going to save $100

Someone right before me got $69. Someone right after me got $69.

With the bonus money added in I got $79

All 3 of us got the exact same hotel. Four star NH Amsterdam Centre.

Like I said YMMV. Maybe it was the city I was bidding for. Maybe it was the rate. But for me it was a $100 bonus offer that was as empty as a belly before breakfast.

I did see on that thread here I mentioned that people claimed it worked for them.

So who knows.

Doc

p.s. we are now staring to see $65 come up for spring and summer 2010----just like we did last summer.
ReconDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 10, 10:22 am   #5

And let me add. I started around $55 for my first bid. And went up very slowly. My win came right where others were getting theirs except mine was $10 more once you add in the bonus money.

All in all I got what I expected to get minus the $30 for a book I had no use for except for this offer.

Live and learn at least in my case.
Old Feb 6, 10, 10:34 am   #6

Programs: IC RA, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, HH Gold
That wasn't the case for me. I bid on a hotel that was regularly going for $39 (I bid $38 and it rejected) and got it for $29+$10 bonus bucks. It was only for 3 nights but the price was not inflated.
martyYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 10, 10:43 am   #7

As I stated it seemed to work for others based on the posts I saw. But for AMS at the time I bid it was an empty offer.
Old Feb 8, 10, 5:44 pm   #8

Programs: Via Preference Privilege, AC*A, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Bid on a hotel in West Hollywood regularely went for 95 according to previous bids got it for 85+10 bonus cash.

You never know for sure but I haven't personally seen any evidence of them increasing win prices when using bonus cash.
will5404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 10, 12:10 pm   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by will5404 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Bid on a hotel in West Hollywood regularely went for 95 according to previous bids got it for 85+10 bonus cash.

You never know for sure but I haven't personally seen any evidence of them increasing win prices when using bonus cash.

Reading this thread and the other I mentioned I have no doubt that it does work. So I am even more confused as to why it did not work for me.

But I am positive that it did not.

And I am sure the bonus bucks made it into my bid. It was very clear that they had.
Old Feb 23, 10, 7:27 pm   #10

Programs: Via Preference Privilege, AC*A, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold
Thought I would add, you do not need to purchase a whole entertainment book to get the bonus cash. If you get an unactivated entertainment card off ebay you can use it to get the discount. Think I paid ~$4 with shipping to Canada for my entertainment card.
will5404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 10, 9:53 am   #11
B1

Quote:
Originally Posted by will5404 View Post
Thought I would add, you do not need to purchase a whole entertainment book to get the bonus cash. If you get an unactivated entertainment card off ebay you can use it to get the discount. Think I paid ~$4 with shipping to Canada for my entertainment card.
Thanks for the tip. I looked for it on eBAy - had to pay $1 more but it includes rental car coupons - couldn't find a card alone. Perhaps listing the card as the featured item is discouraged.
B1 is offline   Reply With Quote