FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/online-travel-booking-bidding-agencies-204/)
-   -   Entertainment book offering $100 Bonus Bucks ($10/night) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/online-travel-booking-bidding-agencies/1047414-entertainment-book-offering-100-bonus-bucks-10-night.html)

martyYYZ Feb 2, 2010 3:44 pm

Entertainment book offering $100 Bonus Bucks ($10/night)

I recently received the FLL entertainment book and it came with the following Priceline discount:

$100 bonus bucks - $10 per night up to 10 nights. This is a one time use so it can only be used on one booking

http://www.priceline.com/entertainment

Most of the Entertainment books are currently $21 + $1 shipping so this could be a good deal if you have a stay 3 nights or longer

I assume that this comes with all Entertainment books but I have not confirmed this

Roger Feb 3, 2010 2:00 am

Originally Posted by martyYYZ (Post 13311404)
I assume that this comes with all Entertainment books but I have not confirmed this

Same with NYC, so your assumption looks right.

Romelle Feb 3, 2010 11:21 am

It is in the MSP book.

Romelle

ReconDoc Feb 6, 2010 10:19 am

Now YMMV.

I saw a thread here I think a while back on this bonus offer. And I was going to Amsterdam and I was going to bid. So I ran out and bought the book just for this offer :td:

Now I know that you will say that NYOP is opaque. That we really don't know what hotels will come in at.

But on a different AMS travel related forum we follow AMS And only ams prices 24/7/365 for NYOP. We know this stuff stone cold.

I knew exactly what hotel I was going to get. I knew the exact small price range it was going to come in at ($67-69)

So I am thinking, I am going for over 10 nights, I am going to save $100 :)

Someone right before me got $69. Someone right after me got $69.

With the bonus money added in I got $79

All 3 of us got the exact same hotel. Four star NH Amsterdam Centre.

Like I said YMMV. Maybe it was the city I was bidding for. Maybe it was the rate. But for me it was a $100 bonus offer that was as empty as a belly before breakfast.

I did see on that thread here I mentioned that people claimed it worked for them.

So who knows.

Doc

p.s. we are now staring to see $65 come up for spring and summer 2010----just like we did last summer.

ReconDoc Feb 6, 2010 10:22 am

And let me add. I started around $55 for my first bid. And went up very slowly. My win came right where others were getting theirs except mine was $10 more once you add in the bonus money.

All in all I got what I expected to get minus the $30 for a book I had no use for except for this offer.

Live and learn at least in my case.

martyYYZ Feb 6, 2010 10:34 am

That wasn't the case for me. I bid on a hotel that was regularly going for $39 (I bid $38 and it rejected) and got it for $29+$10 bonus bucks. It was only for 3 nights but the price was not inflated.

ReconDoc Feb 6, 2010 10:43 am

As I stated it seemed to work for others based on the posts I saw. But for AMS at the time I bid it was an empty offer.

will5404 Feb 8, 2010 5:44 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Bid on a hotel in West Hollywood regularely went for 95 according to previous bids got it for 85+10 bonus cash.

You never know for sure but I haven't personally seen any evidence of them increasing win prices when using bonus cash.

ReconDoc Feb 9, 2010 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by will5404 (Post 13352270)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Bid on a hotel in West Hollywood regularely went for 95 according to previous bids got it for 85+10 bonus cash.

You never know for sure but I haven't personally seen any evidence of them increasing win prices when using bonus cash.

Reading this thread and the other I mentioned I have no doubt that it does work. So I am even more confused as to why it did not work for me.

But I am positive that it did not.

And I am sure the bonus bucks made it into my bid. It was very clear that they had.

will5404 Feb 23, 2010 7:27 pm

Thought I would add, you do not need to purchase a whole entertainment book to get the bonus cash. If you get an unactivated entertainment card off ebay you can use it to get the discount. Think I paid ~$4 with shipping to Canada for my entertainment card.

B1 Feb 25, 2010 9:53 am

Originally Posted by will5404 (Post 13450922)
Thought I would add, you do not need to purchase a whole entertainment book to get the bonus cash. If you get an unactivated entertainment card off ebay you can use it to get the discount. Think I paid ~$4 with shipping to Canada for my entertainment card.

Thanks for the tip. I looked for it on eBAy - had to pay $1 more but it includes rental car coupons - couldn't find a card alone. Perhaps listing the card as the featured item is discouraged.