Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Sign in using an external account

Old Nov 10, 09, 2:34 pm   #1

Question wholesaleflights.com?

Has anyone used whoelsaleflights.com? Are they any good/for real?
alhgjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 09, 4:12 am   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhgjk View Post
Site requires you to fill out a contact information to get specific details... No thanks.
TPA_813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 09, 10:20 pm   #3

Quote:
The joined the BBB program in June and already have 21 complaints filed... doesn't look too promising.
sfo888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 09, 11:24 pm   #4
KVS
Company Representative - KVS Tool and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exclamation

See also www.wholesale-flights.com, any experience?
KVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 09, 8:05 pm   #5
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, lots of other programs
Why do people lose all sensibilities when looking for cheap airfares? I would never put my trust in a website that pops up online, and give them hundreds if not thousands of dollars just to save a few dollars. I prefer long-standing reputable agencies or just book directly with the airline.

These sort of "have you ever heard of..." threads pop up so often. I feel sorry for the suckers who use them or even consider using them. You know they will eventually get scammed and lose all that they saved in the past.
Old Dec 7, 09, 12:54 pm   #6

I just checked them for 3 tickets to Rome from NY and saw some awesome prices on their web site. I called 877-233-3727 to speak with a rep. I got some Russian guy and when I told him the prices I saw, he called me a very funny guy and hung up on me. I called back, got the same guy (he tried to make his voice sound different) and he told me that I was a comedian and hung up me again. I finally took a screen capture of the information and pasted it into an email. I did this because I fully intend to contact the better business bureau about them.

I was so upset with them I joined Flyer Talk. I am now going to hunt them like dogs.
Ricardo Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 10, 12:42 pm   #7

BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!!! I booked an international ticket with a great rate-the salesman said that when i get to the airport just tell them the ticket is from a COUPON, that's why it's a diferent name!!!! BIG RED FLAG-Virgin Atlanitic is filing a fraud charge against them.
Lheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 11, 9:27 am   #8

Wholesale Flights is more than a bait and switch operation. Their dishonesty goes beyond that. When you buy a ticket from them they ask you to fill in a "Security Release Form". The very very small very fine print on the bottom tells you that if you don't check the box at the bottom of the page they will start charging your credit card a $9.95 subscription monthly fee. If you don't track your credit cards carefully, you'll be paying them forever.
In addition - the way they saved me money on the one flight I bought from them was to buy two overlapping round trip tickets - and then only sent me information on the two legs of the trip I was flying on. I didn't realize what they'd done until I went to the airport on the first leg.
I'm trying to get my money back from the monthly subscription fee but they're wholly unhelpful. This group is deceptive and dishonest. WATCH OUT.
AFfrequentflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 11, 6:15 pm   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFfrequentflyer View Post
Wholesale Flights is more than a bait and switch operation. Their dishonesty goes beyond that. When you buy a ticket from them they ask you to fill in a "Security Release Form". The very very small very fine print on the bottom tells you that if you don't check the box at the bottom of the page they will start charging your credit card a $9.95 subscription monthly fee. If you don't track your credit cards carefully, you'll be paying them forever.
In addition - the way they saved me money on the one flight I bought from them was to buy two overlapping round trip tickets - and then only sent me information on the two legs of the trip I was flying on. I didn't realize what they'd done until I went to the airport on the first leg.
I'm trying to get my money back from the monthly subscription fee but they're wholly unhelpful. This group is deceptive and dishonest. WATCH OUT.
AFfrequentflyer is right on the money. I've never seen such dishonest business. Dealing with Wholesale Flights was simply the worst experience I've ever had with a company. Please, Iím begging you!! Learn from the people who know first-hand, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!

First of all, being a noob, I got sucked into the bait and switch tactic. I called about an excellent price I found advertised on a travel site and I should have known it was too good to be true. When I called about the prices, the rep I talked to ADMITTED!! that those prices are just to draw in customers!! I should have hung up right then but stuck on the phone and found that the real prices he had to offer were still a little better than what I had been seeing on other sites (Stupid on my part). Had I seen the warning signs I would have ran but companies like these pray on the ignorant.

To make a long story short:

1. They wanted to charge me $100 extra to rebook my ticket after my last name was spelled wrong during the booking process, which means my tickets read the wrong name. (Not really going to get to get through security when the name on your ticket doesnít match the one on your passport)

2. My agent dropped off the face of the planet and was completely unreachable. I later found out he left the company about a week after I booked my ticket.

3. After several emails, phone messages and close to 20 phone calls later I finally got the issue resolved more than a month after I booked my ticket.

4. After I left 3 detailed messages on one managerís voicemail box he said he had never heard of me before, WHAT?!? Are you kidding me?

5. To top it all off they also took me for an extra $9.95 in a membership scheme mentioned above by AFfrequentflyer.

STAY FAR AWAY!!
mdsguitarist909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 11, 2:27 pm   #10

Thumbs down Wholesaleflights made my travel arrangements a nightmare

I made my name BuyerBeware for this post because it is exactly what I would like to convey when it comes to this company. I had to post just because of my excruciating experience with this company and their so-called customer service. They were rude, deceiving, conniving, and had the nerve to flat out try to insult my intelligence. My initially intelligence was not apparent by me even starting to deal with this company, but after they bait and switched me by sending me itineraries for one flight with a major airline carrier, then changed my itinerary without my knowledge to some budget off the grid "CASH" only airline that was not even located in the US. Who ever heard of a CASH only airline? Not one that I would trust anyway. I was only made aware of the change after my credit card flagged one of their charges as FRAUD (how ironic) and issued me a new card. After I disputed the change they refused to amend the situation. They challenged me to get a lawyer stating that their Ticket release form was designed to have just enough information in it to ensure that no law action could be taken on them without extensive efforts and money. I was hung up on several times, their supervisor "well I'm not even going to go there for the integrity of the post" but I hope you get my drift. I had filed a claim with my credit card providing them with 15 pages of documentation showing their very apparent bait and switch operation and the charge was quickly expunged. Stay away from this company if you can, and save yourself the headache.
BuyerBeware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 11, 2:45 pm   #11

Thumbs down A big resounding NO!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
BuyerBeware is offline   Reply With Quote