Originally Posted by AFfrequentflyer
Wholesale Flights is more than a bait and switch operation. Their dishonesty goes beyond that. When you buy a ticket from them they ask you to fill in a "Security Release Form". The very very small very fine print on the bottom tells you that if you don't check the box at the bottom of the page they will start charging your credit card a $9.95 subscription monthly fee. If you don't track your credit cards carefully, you'll be paying them forever.
In addition - the way they saved me money on the one flight I bought from them was to buy two overlapping round trip tickets - and then only sent me information on the two legs of the trip I was flying on. I didn't realize what they'd done until I went to the airport on the first leg.
I'm trying to get my money back from the monthly subscription fee but they're wholly unhelpful. This group is deceptive and dishonest. WATCH OUT.
AFfrequentflyer is right on the money. I've never seen such dishonest business. Dealing with Wholesale Flights was simply the worst experience I've ever had with a company. Please, Iím begging you!! Learn from the people who know first-hand, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!
First of all, being a noob, I got sucked into the bait and switch tactic. I called about an excellent price I found advertised on a travel site and I should have known it was too good to be true. When I called about the prices, the rep I talked to ADMITTED!! that those prices are just to draw in customers!! I should have hung up right then but stuck on the phone and found that the real prices he had to offer were still a little better than what I had been seeing on other sites (Stupid on my part). Had I seen the warning signs I would have ran but companies like these pray on the ignorant.
To make a long story short:
1. They wanted to charge me $100 extra to rebook my ticket after my last name was spelled wrong during the booking process, which means my tickets read the wrong name. (Not really going to get to get through security when the name on your ticket doesnít match the one on your passport)
2. My agent dropped off the face of the planet and was completely unreachable. I later found out he left the company about a week after I booked my ticket.
3. After several emails, phone messages and close to 20 phone calls later I finally got the issue resolved more than a month after I booked my ticket.
4. After I left 3 detailed messages on one managerís voicemail box he said he had never heard of me before, WHAT?!? Are you kidding me?
5. To top it all off they also took me for an extra $9.95 in a membership scheme mentioned above by AFfrequentflyer.
STAY FAR AWAY!!