Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Anyone used (or heard of) TravelEasy.com.au?

Old Oct 14, 2009, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

I've been searching for some hotel deals for a trip next year and I've been finding some very cheap hotels through TravelEasy.com.au (through wego.com). The rates are often half what other sites are quoting and, for this reason, I'm very suspicious of them!

Is there anyone here who has used them? There are very few search results for them on Google, and their website seems to suggest they're a one-man-company somewhere in Sydney (whereas I'm based in the UK).

Would love to take advantage of some of their prices!

Al
Old Oct 24, 2009, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

I just thought I'd follow up since nobody else seems to have had any experience of them.

I decided not to use them in the end. They don't seem to be registered travel agents in Australia, they list two different addresses on their website, and Google turns up nothing about them (negative or positive).

Given that their rates were unbelievably low and the lack of positive feedback on here, I decided it was too much of a risk when booking my holiday.

I might give them a go for a random night some time when it doesn't really matter if it all goes wrong (with my credit card meaning I have nothing to lose).

Al
Old Oct 25, 2009, 8:20 pm

Hello Al and Marble

Greetings from Sydney Australia,

I read your notes with great interest and thank you for taking the time.

Unsure, if its good form or not to reply to your posts,

1. Yes, traveleasy.com.au was founded by myself, so from that point of view it can be described as a one man show ,
2. Our rates are not last minute rates generally, they are based upon booking ahead to obtain the best contract rate from suppliers. Just like you do for the airline airfare deals.
3. We are not a travel agent and as such do not provide travel advice
4, All payments are by VISA or Mastercard or PayPal, which protects both ourselves and the traveller.
5. Google index - we are new - 3 months old as you see us now - so takes time - we have invested heavily in our technology to deliver the best hotel deals and will continue to do so. We are really trying to make it simple and easy.

I hope this helps in some way, I do hope you try us and enjoy the great deals.

Cheers
Keith
traveleasy.com.au

P.S. shall fix the address problem - we recently moved to our new office next door - not sure why Google have not updated for us.

We are at level 1, 69 Liverpool Street, Sydney.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the response and thanks for addressing my 'issues' I had. I apologise if I was slightly negative about TravelEasy ... it easy to be suspicious of new startups which seem to undercut some of the bigger names.

Still, hopefully some people on here will use your site ... and I wish you all the best with the business.

Al
Old Aug 31, 2011, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
hoping that in the years since the last posts, someone has actually booked with TravelEasy and can provide some feedback?
Old Oct 17, 2011, 1:40 pm

Been a while

Hi again,

We are still here and growing. Look forward to you joining our community of travellers... time does fly when having fun.

Happy travelling.

We are here to help.

Regards
Keith
TravelEasy

Last edited by traveleasy; Dec 19, 2012 at 7:02 pm Reason: update information relevant
Old Aug 31, 2012, 5:19 am

Hi Keith

I have been having similar problem with your website, I called your numbers but they say they do not exist, I tried all three of your numbers, I am in India and am hoping to book a vacation to vegas from your website, I have sent you an email as well about it,

Looking forward to hearing from you and booking from your website soon.

Parul
Old Nov 2, 2012, 8:57 pm

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer
Originally Posted by traveleasy
Hi again,

Thought I would let you know some recent feedback is now on Tripadvisor. Regards
Keith
TravelEasy
Umm probably not the best self promotion because after reading this thread-

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTo...em-Phuket.html

and all the mysterious non stop 1 time posters whom have written infomercials about your site I will personally be giving it a miss. Overkill much?
Old Dec 8, 2012, 4:23 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
I have used them and it was fine for a booking in Sydney . Make sure you log in with ghold access for extra discount
Old Dec 19, 2012, 6:59 pm

Thank you all for the feedback. Always appreciated.

5 years on we are still here and growing, thank you Shanye.

Our phones are working so can not explain the problem parulalagh experienced, be assured we are here to help.

We thank all of you who have booked and made comment. We try our best to deliver good value deals in an ever changing enviroment much like airfares rates are always changing..there one day and gone the next. We are not a bidding or auction site, The price you see is the price you pay, no hidden catches.

Thank you all and we hope you have great stays,.

Regards
traveleasy team

Last edited by traveleasy; Dec 19, 2012 at 7:01 pm Reason: spelling
Old Dec 19, 2012, 7:05 pm

Sorry just try to help, no self interest was intended and we do not actively ask anyone to contribute..however we know by reading as you have the 1 posts are indeed travellers who have actually booked ... the negative comments seem to come from those who have never booked. We have no say or input to the tripadvisor thread.

We are here to help.

The feedback is useful and helpful, thank you.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 4:45 pm

traveleasy 2014

Dear All,

Just an update to say we are still here and booking hotels. We now have a new second website www.hoteltraveleasy.com which is good for mobile device use. Apple or Android.,..

2014! Now our 7th year of operation, thank you to everyone for their booking support,

Here to help

Keith
Old Mar 28, 2014, 11:10 pm

Hoteltraveleasy

Hi all

Found the forum after searching the internet for hoteltraveleasy reviews.

As has already been said I didn't find much and as I had already booked with them I started to worry a little.

I'm glad and relieved to say that I have since called the hotel we booked just to check if a booking had been made and to my relief it had since we are going away to celebrate our 50th birthdays.

What I will say is that although I didn't find many other reviews, I didn't find any negative reviews either which to me means they must be pretty good.
In my experience of buying over the internet, if someone has a bad experience with a company they are more likely to show their frustration in a review forum than someone who had no problems with a purchase IMO.

I seemed to stumble across travel easy through a google search for the hotel I was interested in and it grabbed my attention by how much cheaper they were than all the big websites (booking.com/agoda...etc) in fact when I compared TE to the others I was making a potential saving of nearly au$2000 !!

I then called them to query why there were multiple prices for the same room and got through to Keith (at 10.30pm) who was very helpful, he offered to 'hold' the rooms for me for 24hrs while we thought about it but we declined his offer and went ahead and booked over the internet a little later.

I'm not suggesting that they are cheaper than everywhere else on everything but for us it was a huge saving.

I am the 1st person to be skeptical when something is to cheap but after 3 days (on and off) of searching the internet we decided to give them a go.

We holiday in May so I'll report back how I got on but so far, so good.

Last edited by shillo; Mar 28, 2014 at 11:14 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jun 6, 2014, 5:40 am
Used to be 'lohiadk'

I have used them numerous times and have never had a problem. I have been using them for nearly 5 years now. Even cancellations are a breeze and taken care of fast.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.