Reload this Page >

xONEx online tool bugs thread

Old Jan 22, 2009, 11:46 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some

This thread is to bring into one place reported bugs for the xONEx online tool.

It is not for more general questions such as which airline to ticket with and how to use the tool more efficiently. For those kind of questions, please refer to the main xONEx online tool thread or the xONEx FAQ.

Outstanding bugs

Code:
Post Bug

2    Minimum connection time standardised at 2 hours
3    Unable to find flights/codeshares that exist
4    Unable to confirm fare
5    Input string not in correct format
6    Timed out on "book now"
7    Quoted in different currency than origin, and with odd conversion rate
14   Allows illegal codeshares
15    Unable to pay online with BA
16    Unable to confirm fare, and quoted fare appears to be incorrect
Updated to post #16

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Feb 10, 2009 at 5:47 pm
Old Jan 22, 2009, 11:48 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Originally Posted by serfty
The oneworld tool gives an error for ALL connections of two hours or less as not meeting MCT.

This, of course, is not always correct!
Old Jan 22, 2009, 11:52 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
The online tool is a bit buggy. I've had battles with it when it only finds a codeshare (and is happy to let me select that despite no connecting flight with that airline) and cannot find the operating airline. Trying again the next day the situation is reversed. Similarly flights which the ow website tells me exist through flight lookup, the RTW tool cannot find.

Rather annoying.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 12:04 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Always Flyin
I'm getting this for an ex-Saigon ticket (that it states is a valid itinerary (and I know is)):

"The following error(s) occured: We are unable to confirm the fare for the flights you have selected. Please choose a different fare or flights and resubmit your request. (15012)"

That's helpful...
Old Jan 22, 2009, 12:09 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wijomas
I keep getting "Sorry, there was an error. Booking engine could not be contacted: input string not in correct format"

Anyone else getting this error? It worked fine for me yesterday, but not today...
Old Jan 22, 2009, 12:10 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thetravelguy
I have just tried this, and while I got through the entire process on the itinerary, selected 'Book Now' when the One World site directed me to Qantas but then timed out. It was a four continent RTW starting in New Zealand..

It gave me an error code which I will call on
Old Jan 23, 2009, 12:02 am

Trying to book a LONE4 out of AKL with first sector AKL-SYD on AA for lower fuel fines and the quote comes back from AA in USD only and not NZD. Base fare quote is way above 3799NZD eqivalent.

Try the same LONE4 out of MEL with first sector MEL-SYD on AA and it comes back from AA in AUD.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 4:50 am

Programs: LH Senator ★
I try to book LHR-LAX, and on dates that I see availability L3 in EF, the booking tool offers no availability on AA. On dates with L7 it works.

EDIT: I just found out that Seatcounter says L0. So probably it is not fault of online tool :/

Last edited by JanoSicek; Jan 23, 2009 at 4:55 am
Old Jan 23, 2009, 1:11 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JanoS-
I try to book LHR-LAX, and on dates that I see availability L3 in EF, the booking tool offers no availability on AA. On dates with L7 it works.

EDIT: I just found out that Seatcounter says L0. So probably it is not fault of online tool :/
Don't forget availability tools are just a guide as other constraints may apply. Eg point of sale, married segments, etc.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 3:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I keep geting timed out after hitting "Book now" to book a LONE5 ex-Auckland. The error message says "The booking engine could not be contacted. Input string was not in the correct format."

Also, I think the online booking tool automatically gives a red warning disqualifier if you try to fly into Heathrow and out of Gatwick (or vice versa) with less than six hours to make the transfer.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Jan 25, 2009 at 3:45 pm Reason: split into 2 posts for non-bug
Old Jan 25, 2009, 3:30 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jphripjah
Also, I think the online booking tool automatically gives a red warning disqualifier if you try to fly into Heathrow and out of Gatwick (or vice versa) with less than six hours to make the transfer.
Given the hassles and time needed for transfers between LHR and LGW I would want several hours to make the connection.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Jan 25, 2009 at 3:47 pm Reason: split into 2 posts
Old Jan 25, 2009, 3:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Given the hassles and time needed for transfers between LHR and LGW I would want several hours to make the connection.
Agreed, but the six hour requirement seems overly conservative.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Jan 25, 2009 at 3:47 pm Reason: split into 2 posts
Old Jan 25, 2009, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
The MCT for LGW to LHR connections is 3 hours. Even then, this is tight.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 3:58 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Not picking up illegal AS flights when codeshared - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/11178569-post15.html
Old Feb 6, 2009, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I'd consider the fact that I cannot pay for my ticket on line when directed to BA for an ex-JNB fare to be a bug. A dummy booking with the CX JNB-HKG flight first appears to allow credit card payments online.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.