FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   oneworld (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/oneworld-411/)
-   -   xONEx online tool bugs thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/oneworld/913287-xonex-online-tool-bugs-thread.html)

Kiwi Flyer Jan 22, 2009 11:46 am

xONEx online tool bugs thread

This thread is to bring into one place reported bugs for the xONEx online tool.

It is not for more general questions such as which airline to ticket with and how to use the tool more efficiently. For those kind of questions, please refer to the main xONEx online tool thread or the xONEx FAQ.

Outstanding bugs

Code:

Post Bug

2    Minimum connection time standardised at 2 hours
3    Unable to find flights/codeshares that exist
4    Unable to confirm fare
5    Input string not in correct format
6    Timed out on "book now"
7    Quoted in different currency than origin, and with odd conversion rate
14  Allows illegal codeshares
15    Unable to pay online with BA
16    Unable to confirm fare, and quoted fare appears to be incorrect

Updated to post #16

Kiwi Flyer Jan 22, 2009 11:48 am

Originally Posted by serfty (Post 11120305)
The oneworld tool gives an error for ALL connections of two hours or less as not meeting MCT.

This, of course, is not always correct!

Kiwi Flyer Jan 22, 2009 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer (Post 11123254)
The online tool is a bit buggy. I've had battles with it when it only finds a codeshare (and is happy to let me select that despite no connecting flight with that airline) and cannot find the operating airline. Trying again the next day the situation is reversed. Similarly flights which the ow website tells me exist through flight lookup, the RTW tool cannot find.

Rather annoying.

Kiwi Flyer Jan 22, 2009 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Always Flyin (Post 11040693)
I'm getting this for an ex-Saigon ticket (that it states is a valid itinerary (and I know is)):

"The following error(s) occured: We are unable to confirm the fare for the flights you have selected. Please choose a different fare or flights and resubmit your request. (15012)"

That's helpful...

Kiwi Flyer Jan 22, 2009 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by wijomas (Post 10888031)
I keep getting "Sorry, there was an error. Booking engine could not be contacted: input string not in correct format"

Anyone else getting this error? It worked fine for me yesterday, but not today...

Kiwi Flyer Jan 22, 2009 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by thetravelguy (Post 10948929)
I have just tried this, and while I got through the entire process on the itinerary, selected 'Book Now' when the One World site directed me to Qantas but then timed out. It was a four continent RTW starting in New Zealand..

It gave me an error code which I will call on

steven67 Jan 23, 2009 12:02 am

Trying to book a LONE4 out of AKL with first sector AKL-SYD on AA for lower fuel fines and the quote comes back from AA in USD only and not NZD. Base fare quote is way above 3799NZD eqivalent.

Try the same LONE4 out of MEL with first sector MEL-SYD on AA and it comes back from AA in AUD.

JanoSicek Jan 23, 2009 4:50 am

I try to book LHR-LAX, and on dates that I see availability L3 in EF, the booking tool offers no availability on AA. On dates with L7 it works.

EDIT: I just found out that Seatcounter says L0. So probably it is not fault of online tool :/

Kiwi Flyer Jan 23, 2009 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by JanoS- (Post 11127581)
I try to book LHR-LAX, and on dates that I see availability L3 in EF, the booking tool offers no availability on AA. On dates with L7 it works.

EDIT: I just found out that Seatcounter says L0. So probably it is not fault of online tool :/

Don't forget availability tools are just a guide as other constraints may apply. Eg point of sale, married segments, etc.

jphripjah Jan 25, 2009 3:20 pm

I keep geting timed out after hitting "Book now" to book a LONE5 ex-Auckland. The error message says "The booking engine could not be contacted. Input string was not in the correct format."

Also, I think the online booking tool automatically gives a red warning disqualifier if you try to fly into Heathrow and out of Gatwick (or vice versa) with less than six hours to make the transfer.

Kiwi Flyer Jan 25, 2009 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by jphripjah (Post 11140218)
Also, I think the online booking tool automatically gives a red warning disqualifier if you try to fly into Heathrow and out of Gatwick (or vice versa) with less than six hours to make the transfer.

Given the hassles and time needed for transfers between LHR and LGW I would want several hours to make the connection.

jphripjah Jan 25, 2009 3:42 pm

Given the hassles and time needed for transfers between LHR and LGW I would want several hours to make the connection.
Agreed, but the six hour requirement seems overly conservative.

serfty Jan 25, 2009 5:38 pm

The MCT for LGW to LHR connections is 3 hours. Even then, this is tight.

Gardyloo Feb 1, 2009 3:58 am

Not picking up illegal AS flights when codeshared - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/11178569-post15.html

PresRDC Feb 6, 2009 11:37 am

I'd consider the fact that I cannot pay for my ticket on line when directed to BA for an ex-JNB fare to be a bug. A dummy booking with the CX JNB-HKG flight first appears to allow credit card payments online.