Community
Wiki Posts
Search

xONEx online tool bugs thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:03 am

Programs: AA ExPlat (2MM), Marriott LT Titanium
Website Fail?

I'm unable to use the tool at all right now; https://rtw.oneworld.com/rtw/ just keeps loading and loading and loading. I've tried various browsers and clearing browser data.

Anybody able to load the site and use the online tool today?
Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:24 am

Same problem for me today, tool not loading.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 7:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Seems to work for me now - at least as far as putting a few flights in an itinerary.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 9:20 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
New xONEx booking tool totally useless. Ideas?

Last Nov oneworld gave us a new booking tool which I've just tried to use for the first time. The previous tool was very buggy, but I was able to reserve numerous RTW trips, have them priced out and then give BA a print out of the results to use as a basis for issuing the ticket. Problems along the way, yes, but nothing like the new tool.

Any two flights on the same day and it tells me the connection time is insufficient, even when there are eight hours in between.
It tells me LHR-DBX-LHR is not possible as "flights between Europe and the Middle East are not allowed". What?
It chooses the flights for me (usually the first flight of the day) and I then have to go through a lengthy procedure to cancel that flight and add a different one.
It tells me my itinerary has 16 segments, then returns to tell me that I have too many segments and "that only 16 are allowed".

On and on. In short, it's impossible to make a booking. I've tried different browsers on a Mac, Safari being the worst - on it, I couldn't get past the first page listing the city codes. Others tried: Firefox, Chrome, SeaMonkey & Opera.

Does anyone have any ideas, please?
Old Mar 6, 2017, 10:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Get a decent travel agent?
Old Mar 7, 2017, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Full Score
Last Nov oneworld gave us a new booking tool which I've just tried to use for the first time. The previous tool was very buggy, but I was able to reserve numerous RTW trips, have them priced out and then give BA a print out of the results to use as a basis for issuing the ticket. Problems along the way, yes, but nothing like the new tool.

Any two flights on the same day and it tells me the connection time is insufficient, even when there are eight hours in between.
It tells me LHR-DBX-LHR is not possible as "flights between Europe and the Middle East are not allowed". What?
It chooses the flights for me (usually the first flight of the day) and I then have to go through a lengthy procedure to cancel that flight and add a different one.
It tells me my itinerary has 16 segments, then returns to tell me that I have too many segments and "that only 16 are allowed".

On and on. In short, it's impossible to make a booking. I've tried different browsers on a Mac, Safari being the worst - on it, I couldn't get past the first page listing the city codes. Others tried: Firefox, Chrome, SeaMonkey & Opera.

Does anyone have any ideas, please?
Put what you want together, discuss it with us here in this forum, contact an airline directly.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Too many Europe sectors - 4 !!!

I've asked BA to issue an AONE4:

CPT-JNB-LHR-DUB-LHR-DXB-LHR-MIA-GCM-MIA-SAN-ORD-HKG-NRT-HKG-JNB-CPT

Their response "too many Europe sectors" because of "new" rules. WHAT???????

Why don't they provide a dedicated RTW desk?
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:20 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Why don't they provide a dedicated RTW desk?
They used to have one but it was closed around 10 years ago - budget cuts. AFAIK the AA RTW desk is the last one standing with Oneworld.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, Bronze
Trying to book a LONE4 with the on-line tool and constantly receive the below message

We have encountered a problem pricing your itinerary. Please save your itinerary then contact British Airways to book it. [Error: d389656a3ab7ce87]
Is there any reason why this may be happening? Am i going to have to spend hours on the phone with BA to book it?
Old Apr 6, 2017, 7:55 am

Not hours, days!

The oneworld tool is a bad joke. I've found it impossible to enter my itinerary without numerous errors. It used to be just about useable, but the last "upgrade" rendered it hopeless.

My last AONE4 booked with the Manchester BA office took 24 days to complete. Horrendous. I finished up having to send the 10 page, oneworld, Feb 2017 rules to them and that after speaking to six different agents on the YouFirst desk. No-one knew the rules and the Fare Dept took forever to give a quotation - and then they stated incorrectly that certain European legs weren't allowed.

There has to be a better way. Before the Canada rule was abolished I used a terrific TA in Montréal, but it's just not worth his while anymore. He too used to have to deal with BA and his hair turned grey!
Old Apr 6, 2017, 8:23 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Good grief, in my day I was able to price and store a RTW within 20-40 minutes, depending on complexity (and no simultaneous changes!). We aimed to turn them around quickly because of all the unticketed space we were holding. It helped that NYC/JAX had sales agents who were at least semi-trained in RTWs before it got to my Rates Desk team.

There are several fares agents in MAN, and the tariff gentleman who publishes the RTW fare rules sits right with them! What is going on??
Old Apr 6, 2017, 6:15 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Not hours, days!

The oneworld tool is a bad joke. I've found it impossible to enter my itinerary without numerous errors. It used to be just about useable, but the last "upgrade" rendered it hopeless.
Agree wholeheartedly.

There has to be a better way. Before the Canada rule was abolished I used a terrific TA in Montréal, but it's just not worth his while anymore. He too used to have to deal with BA and his hair turned grey!
The old Canada exception is now a World-Wide exception (and so is now the norm)
So your Montréal TA can set the ticket up for you.

When purchasing in a country other than the country of origin, the fare is first calculated in the currency of origin and then converted to the currency of purchase. There used to be a rule that stated words to the effect "the resultant fare must not be lower than the country of sale". That rule was removed some time ago.
For example: last year I was in Tanzania when I phoned the AA atw desk and set up an ex-Mozambique DONE6 telling the agent I wanted to pay in AUD by telephoning AA's Australian office - it all worked perfectly
Old May 30, 2017, 10:58 pm

Programs: EK Silver, QR Gold
So, as far as this tool goes for me, it's only helpful to make sure I'm not breaking any rules in the itinerary.

Other then that, it will never quote a price.
It just pops up with the message to contact whatever airline is the first flight. (Tried a dozen different routes, and noticed it just changes to whoever you're flying with first)

So, is it only bookable through calling the airlines now? Silly to have a tool 'up and running' if it doesn't work as it should.

Star Alliance's one works like a charm.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 3:04 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Starting a DONE4 with a QR flight

Originally Posted by danger
QR flights now appear to be loaded and selectable in the booking tool, rather than just the online timetable. However, there is this caveat on the oneworld page:

"NOTE: on 1 November 2013, Qatar Airways flights will not be available as the first segment of your itinerary when booking your oneworld Explorer itinerary through our online booking tool. To originate your oneworld Explorer itinerary on Qatar Airways please contact your Travel Agent or Qatar Airways http://www.qatarairways.com/contactus."
It is well known here that the online RTW tool will not allow an itinerary originating with a QR flight. But has anyone ever got the alternative method suggested in the note quoted by danger above to work?

Is the inability to book through QR by using the tool only a bug / failure / limitation of the tool or is there something else going on?

The word is that Norway is the cheapest place in Europe to book a DONEx so that's what I'm trying to do. I want to start with OSL-DOH. Today when I was playing with the tool it gave me the following error message:

> 280: The carrier selected for your first flight cannot issue tickets in this country.
> You must change your airline selection or change your itinerary to remove this carrier
> from your first segment.

Is this new? Doesn't it contradict the previous advice (i.e., 'to start on QR, contact your TA or QR')? Or, is it merely another error coming from the error-filled tool? Obviously QR can issue tickets in Norway. But is there some reason why they cannot issue xONEx tickets?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 3:10 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by henry999
It is well known here that the online RTW tool will not allow an itinerary originating with a QR flight. But has anyone ever got the alternative method suggested in the note quoted by danger above to work?

Is the inability to book through QR by using the tool only a bug / failure / limitation of the tool or is there something else going on?

The word is that Norway is the cheapest place in Europe to book a DONEx so that's what I'm trying to do. I want to start with OSL-DOH. Today when I was playing with the tool it gave me the following error message:

> 280: The carrier selected for your first flight cannot issue tickets in this country.
> You must change your airline selection or change your itinerary to remove this carrier
> from your first segment.

Is this new? Doesn't it contradict the previous advice (i.e., 'to start on QR, contact your TA or QR')? Or, is it merely another error coming from the error-filled tool? Obviously QR can issue tickets in Norway. But is there some reason why they cannot issue xONEx tickets?
I think you'll find lots of people have booked an xONEx with QR as the first carrier, myself included. My current DONE5 is ex-Maputo on QR and it was booked with Qantas.

You shouldn't have any issues using a travel agent or a oneworld airline (although you'll have to chose your airline carefully as most can't do it properly or want to do it at all). The fact you're having issues with using the tool to book with Qatar is, unfortunately, not remotely surprising. However, there may be some prohibition on Qatar issuing tickets in Norway but I would find that odd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.