Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

xONEx online tool bugs thread

xONEx online tool bugs thread

Old Nov 6, 2016, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by pbd456
many people have 1 or more ex mpm tickets in hand. it is hard to fly another rtw.. no matter how cheap it is.
While ex-CAI is a very good price, it is not the super deal that ex-MPM is. I lost out on the ex-MPM deal, so I'll settle for an xONE4 from there.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 3:07 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by headinclouds
While ex-CAI is a very good price, it is not the super deal that ex-MPM is. I lost out on the ex-MPM deal, so I'll settle for an xONE4 from there.
i purchased my first done3 ex japan in august 15, my second rtw ex jnb in jan 16, and 2 more rtw ex mpm in july. i cant fit more rtw in my schedule anymore.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 4:01 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Just tried the tool for the first time. Here's the itin I was trying to book: CAI-LHR-DOH-CDG-DOH-SYD-NRT-DEL-NRT-CMB-NRT-BOS-LAX-MBJ-LAX-DOH-CAI. The only problem I had with the online tool is that it would only allow 15 segments. Said that my itin was invalid for too many segments. Removed the last one (DOH-CAI) and it was fine. (Since it's not until July, I assume that there will be schedule changes before I start, anyway.)
The online tool definitely allows 16 segments. However its error messages are not the best.
The message was actually telling you that you had too many segments (5) in Europe/Middle East, where only 4 are allowed.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by pandaperth
The online tool definitely allows 16 segments. However its error messages are not the best.
The message was actually telling you that you had too many segments (5) in Europe/Middle East, where only 4 are allowed.
Ah, I see. You mean the last one, DOH-CAI. Interesting that AA said it was OK. Let's see what the rate desk has to say.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 4:26 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
This is very odd. Did something change in the tool? A few weeks ago I used to be able to price out a xONEx ticket, and in some cases (i.e. if the longest segment was AA, etc) I used to be redirected to an AA page where I'd input my credit card and pay. I played with routings for like a week, and finally bought a ticket like that. But now, if I try the same thing, I get to a page that creates a PNR and tells me to call in.

I don't really like calling people, so I'd really prefer this be done automatically. What happened to the old page? Or am I doing something wrong?
Old Nov 20, 2016, 10:01 am

Yes there is a new version of the tool - being discussed here - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...king-tool.html

It seems the new version is as quirky/buggy as the old version
Old Nov 21, 2016, 8:55 pm

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
I don't really like calling people, so I'd really prefer this be done automatically. What happened to the old page? Or am I doing something wrong?
Does it do that for all airlines now? It used to only require calling someone if it was sent to BA.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA Now dirt, BA Silver soon dirt EX NW IGE. EX BA Gold EX AA EXP x9. SQ Gold
Originally Posted by Himeno
Does it do that for all airlines now? It used to only require calling someone if it was sent to BA.
AA would not issue my Aone4 or Aone5 ex CAI last week, But BA did after calling. I could not process on line.
The web site will not give me a price now.
Perhaps the ex- CAI price is been raised?
I did manage to but 2 RTW tickets ex CAI. from BA.

but will not count towards my EXP spend.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA PPRO (OW Emerarld), BA Silver, DL PM
Originally Posted by 2old4coach
What are you talking about? Of course it will. That's why AA published the EQD for all of the partner airlines for next year. It's distance-based and a D class fare will generally get you 25% EQD for the distance traveled (a much better deal for the passenger than the fare based model AA uses for its own flights). However, I recently ticketed a RTW fare through QF and the amount I paid immediately showed up in my AA account, so let's see which method they ultimately use.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AA would not issue my Aone4 or Aone5 ex CAI last week, But BA did after calling. I could not process on line.

A number of airlines have withdrawn their CAICAI fares.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA Now dirt, BA Silver soon dirt EX NW IGE. EX BA Gold EX AA EXP x9. SQ Gold
Originally Posted by rollthere
What are you talking about? Of course it will. That's why AA published the EQD for all of the partner airlines for next year. It's distance-based and a D class fare will generally get you 25% EQD for the distance traveled (a much better deal for the passenger than the fare based model AA uses for its own flights). However, I recently ticketed a RTW fare through QF and the amount I paid immediately showed up in my AA account, so let's see which method they ultimately use.
WOW I hope you are right. I placed my BA number on all next years flights. So should I put my AA number back in??

Thanks for the heads up.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 6:26 pm

WOW I hope you are right. I placed my BA number on all next years flights. So should I put my AA number back in??

Thanks for the heads up.
My calculations on my part-completed ex-MPM DONE5 are:
  • I will fly the remaining 8 flights on the ticket in 2017
  • The whole ticket cost me less than AUD5000 all-in (so about USD3,750)
  • For the remaining 8 flights I calculate I will earn
  • > 55,000 AAward Miles
  • Just under 38,000 EQM, and
  • > 6,000 EQD (so sufficient to qualify for PLT status)
I have two LAN flights which will earn me 20cents EQD per flown mile
and six Qantas flights which will earn me 25cents EQD per flown mile
Old Nov 23, 2016, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
The tool will still process some ex-CAI xONEx itineraries; I was able to book one and after it showed me the price pay for it online at the ticketing airline's web site. But it was very persnickety about the routing and flights. Many flights or cities caused it to error out instead of giving a price and telling me to call.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA PPRO (OW Emerarld), BA Silver, DL PM
Originally Posted by anabolism
The tool will still process some ex-CAI xONEx itineraries; I was able to book one and after it showed me the price pay for it online at the ticketing airline's web site. But it was very persnickety about the routing and flights. Many flights or cities caused it to error out instead of giving a price and telling me to call.
Can you still price online your itinerary? I've been playing with it like crazy and have yet to have it price any itinerary, from 4 segments to 16 segments, no dice!
Old Nov 23, 2016, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Can you still price online your itinerary? I've been playing with it like crazy and have yet to have it price any itinerary, from 4 segments to 16 segments, no dice!
Yes, I just priced a simple six-flight , four-continent trip.

What itin are you trying?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.