Wiki Posts
Search

xONEx online tool bugs thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2015, 7:48 pm

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pandaperth
YGM

I was able to set up your itinerary using the online tool; it priced up OK and seemed perfectly OK
So I don't understand why you are having the difficulties you are having
Perhaps tr4y clearing your cookies and stuff like that, or maybe use a different browser (I find the toll seems to work better using Chrome rather than InternetExplorer)
Thanks for the PM. I've been using Chrome across two different OS'es to try and price this out. This morning I thought I'd give Edge a shot. No dice.

Then, the itin you sent across priced fine.

Strange.

Best I can tell, when I selected AA79 for LHR-DFW segment, the tool kept telling me Business Class wasn't offered on this flight and I had been upgraded to First. That sounded a bit odd to me and maybe that's why it wasn't pricing correctly? Now when I select the same flight for my date, there's no such message.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 9:34 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
The last few times I've tried to use the tool it seems to randomly change dates on some segments (causing impossible connections and an error message) at the point of trying to get the price.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 9:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Bronze, TK Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Fairmont Premiere, IHG Ambas
Unavailable Flights

On Expertflyer there is D9 on both BA flights for JNB-LHR, but online tool cannot find flights.

Why so difficult?
Old Feb 28, 2016, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; LH FT (*A Silver); Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite; Starwood Corporate Preferred
Originally Posted by TopGunner
On Expertflyer there is D9 on both BA flights for JNB-LHR, but online tool cannot find flights.

Why so difficult?
What date(s) are you looking at? Are you looking at codeshares or the prime flights?

Access to true BA flights has never seemed to be an issue. Well known though you cannot book any codeshares in the tool.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 2:54 am

Programs: AA PPro
Originally Posted by AAExpDFW
What date(s) are you looking at? Are you looking at codeshares or the prime flights?

Access to true BA flights has never seemed to be an issue. Well known though you cannot book any codeshares in the tool.
I've seen the online tool show zero inventory on BA and JL flights (prime) when in fact there is availability via expertflyer and the AA RTW desk. Most recently, for JNB-LHR this coming weekend (I've not checked the online tool today but did a few days ago).
Old Feb 29, 2016, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; LH FT (*A Silver); Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite; Starwood Corporate Preferred
Originally Posted by zoombee
I've seen the online tool show zero inventory on BA and JL flights (prime) when in fact there is availability via expertflyer and the AA RTW desk. Most recently, for JNB-LHR this coming weekend (I've not checked the online tool today but did a few days ago).
I just checked Sabre. Flight is fully sold out on Saturday the 5th in all cabins. Sunday at 8:20 has D4. I got the same options on portal...
Old Mar 1, 2016, 3:42 am

Programs: AA PPro
Originally Posted by AAExpDFW
I just checked Sabre. Flight is fully sold out on Saturday the 5th in all cabins. Sunday at 8:20 has D4. I got the same options on portal...
I could have made it clearer that the site/portal has generally shown availability but I've learned to check expert flyer if it shows none because some of those times it turns out there is some. I've not looked for or spotted any patterns.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 4:42 am

Programs: JGC premier
Hi all, i'm trying to book a phx - flg flight as part of DONE3 ticket, but the RTW planner tool wouldn't show this airport when i typed in the code, even though i know that AA flies this route through American Eagles. When searching the route through normal AA and OW website the airport code and flight does show up as normal. Does this mean that this route is excluded from the RTW route or is this simply a bug with the planner? thanks in advance
Old Mar 15, 2016, 5:25 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by bakaneko85
Hi all, i'm trying to book a phx - flg flight as part of DONE3 ticket, but the RTW planner tool wouldn't show this airport when i typed in the code, even though i know that AA flies this route through American Eagles. When searching the route through normal AA and OW website the airport code and flight does show up as normal. Does this mean that this route is excluded from the RTW route or is this simply a bug with the planner? thanks in advance
It is yet another bug.

I recall, back in the days when it was possible, I filled out the feedback form on the Oneworld Web Site asking why some airports were missing - the very helpful reply was along the lines of "yes, some airports are missing"
Old Mar 15, 2016, 5:59 am

Programs: JGC premier
Originally Posted by pandaperth
It is yet another bug.

I recall, back in the days when it was possible, I filled out the feedback form on the Oneworld Web Site asking why some airports were missing - the very helpful reply was along the lines of "yes, some airports are missing"
Thanks for the quick reply. Luckily my company requires us to book through our approved travel agent, which, as useless as they usually are in most cases (sometimes they're more clueless than me the client), is a good way to sidestep this problem.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
PHX-ANC-PHX for Jan-Feb 2017

Does AA still offer non-stop flights any more?

Recalled it used to be all year round for PHX-ANC-PHX. Now couldn't find it in any booking class on ow web site AND aa dot com.

This tool is becoming increasingly buggy.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 2:23 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by allset2travel

Recalled it used to be all year round for PHX-ANC-PHX. Now couldn't find it in any booking class on ow web site AND aa dot com.

Yes, it's still in the system. Currently showing as AA653 through to 1 June.
Doesn't help much when a lot of flights use the same number for multiple sectors and they keep changing numbers around.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The tool does not show anything close to 100% of oneworld flights.

Further, if you are looking for flights in A class [from an AONEx or a DONEx], AA has recently started zeroing out that bucket on longer flights to discourage upgraders of various shades from taking the inventory. It is quite annoying for people buying any kind of international J ticket with domestic AA feed.

Also, since even discount international A tickets usually book into full fare F on the domestic sector, it is a bit annoying that one of the most expensive fares of all (AONEx) requires booking into A class ... /end rant.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 7:45 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Another theory would be that AA simply prefers that the xONEx fares would disappear?

Consider ticketing in JNB and NRT stories...

Happy wandering

Fred
Old Apr 11, 2016, 7:16 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold

Thanks to Gardyloo, with link below:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...continued.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.