Community
Wiki Posts
Search

xONEx online tool bugs thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2015, 4:22 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by pianoperson
Has there been a change in the rules regarding Jetconnect operated QF flights ?
Or is it a bug in the online booking tool ?
A new version of the rule sheet was published on June 1st*, but Jetconnect is still in the list of QF affiliates that can be used.

So I guess we must assume it's a bug.

(* see the last few posts in this thread - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...ule-sheet.html)
Old Jun 28, 2015, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I figured that it was not likely to be a rule change
And do we just wait and see if the bug goes away ... ?
I'd really like to get a booking done including NZ ... I know i can do the itinerary without it and then call and pay the re-issue fee and get flights put in etc but would prefer not to
And as an aside - my recent dealings with the AA RTW desk have not been as good as in the past - not sure whether this is change of staff but my last few calls they have not been as helpful or knowledgeable ....
Do you need to use the tool? Can you book direct?
Old Jun 28, 2015, 5:58 am

Programs: AA ExPlat
Hi - I am planning to book ex Japan but am based in NZ and the online booking when it works which it has for many of my trips saves the hassle of getting ticketed in the country of origin
Have not orginated Japan but maybe AA have an agent there who will take over the booking if I set it up with AA RTW Desk ?
Usually orginate JNB and use MindPearl who have always been excellent but the changes to the rules ex Africa make it less attractive even with the decent base fares
Old Jun 28, 2015, 7:33 am

Programs: QFF
Hi - I am planning to book ex Japan but am based in NZ and the online booking when it works which it has for many of my trips saves the hassle of getting ticketed in the country of origin
Have not orginated Japan but maybe AA have an agent there who will take over the booking if I set it up with AA RTW Desk ?
Usually orginate JNB and use MindPearl who have always been excellent but the changes to the rules ex Africa make it less attractive even with the decent base fares
You can do that with the AA RTW desk set up and AA Japan issue, however there have been reports of AA Japan refusing to honer the ex JP price with non JP cards.

I did a DONE3 ex Japan issued by CX last year. All booked via email. There is an email contact on the CX website contact page
Old Jul 19, 2015, 1:44 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
playing with the rtw.oneworld.com

expertflyer show that there are D classes on JL6 NRT JFK. but when I try to pick flight, it only show AA connection via ORD DFW, and when I press more options, the only JAL option show is JL via SFO.

is it a bug or feature? Thanks.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 1:21 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
Originally Posted by pbd456
playing with the rtw.oneworld.com

expertflyer show that there are D classes on JL6 NRT JFK. but when I try to pick flight, it only show AA connection via ORD DFW, and when I press more options, the only JAL option show is JL via SFO.

is it a bug or feature? Thanks.
there are a number of possible explanations

sub-booking class - no availability for this particular fare even though D available for other fares

married segment logic - available only with/without connection

point of sale - available only for some ticketing countries and not others

violates a RTW rule (doesn't seem to be the case)

bug - eg tool is looking for the JL domestic booking class (which is J for a DONEx) not the JL international booking class (which is D)

etc
Old Jul 20, 2015, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think it's a bug. The tool misses out a lot of flights.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 3:22 am

What is IONE3 and how does it different than DONE3? On a flight that I look, KIX LAX, it has I 1 and D 9 and when I try to book 2 people, it has only 1 seat.

The rule sheet does say IONE3 is booked into I class which is a lot more restrictive.

Also, the engine can't find any DFW ANC DFW for any date.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 3:53 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
What is IONE3 and how does it different than DONE3? On a flight that I look, KIX LAX, it has I 1 and D 9 and when I try to book 2 people, it has only 1 seat.

The rule sheet does say IONE3 is booked into I class which is a lot more restrictive.

Very interesting. I've never seen an IONE3 before.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 3:56 am

See the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...d-product.html
Old Jul 21, 2015, 5:05 am

The DFW-ANC flight is seasonal and only runs about 9 weeks over summer, ending before October. It is hard to find xONEx seats on it as most seats are booked under cruse contracts.
PHX-ANC is year round.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by pandaperth
is it a bug for the online too?
Old Jul 21, 2015, 11:30 am

The online tool has LOTS of bugs (and nothing is ever done about them, or so it seems)

I don't think the tool is even aware of the IONE3 and so never displays 'I' inventory - though to be honest, I've never tried pricing up a xONE3
Old Jul 24, 2015, 10:31 pm

How often do people see the flight they want (date/flight number) show with 7+ in the needed fare class on expertflyer/kvs/etc, then have no trace of the flight appear in the tool?

I have that for 2 sectors on the trip I'm plotting out at the moment. (BOS-STL AA793 and SIN-HND, both only offering connections when the direct flights all show as available)
Old Jul 26, 2015, 2:11 pm

rtw.oneworld.com/rtw/

I'm unable to access the site. Tried latest versions of chrome + firefox, cookies set and abp disable. Anybody else having trouble? Changed to business for 2 adults but unable to to proceed.

J

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.