Community
Wiki Posts
Search

xONEx online tool bugs thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2014, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Himeno
The tool stuffs up, so I contact the airline.
I think there is a problem when I know more about the rules then the airline agents do...
It's a complex fare. I think it gets ticketed manually in the back office, not by agent+computer.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 6:56 pm

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by Calchas
It's a complex fare. I think it gets ticketed manually in the back office, not by agent+computer.
This is with the "back office".
I'm doing this via email with CX Japan. First they said LAX-IAH was transcon, mixing up IAH and IAD.
Now they've claimed that AA doesn't sell D seats and tried to put all the AA sectors into L.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 8:04 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
The tool stuffs up, so I contact the airline.
I think there is a problem when I know more about the rules then the airline agents do...
I'm doing this via email with CX Japan. First they said LAX-IAH was transcon, mixing up IAH and IAD.
Now they've claimed that AA doesn't sell D seats and tried to put all the AA sectors into L.
It's painful how complex the fare is. I've only been doing xONEx bookings for less than a decade and even in that time they've become increasingly complex.

It's like airline baggage rules: often far too complex, even for savvy travellers. I agree it says something when the passenger knows more about the rules than the traveller. On the flipside, how many times would once-in-a-blue-moon travellers hit a dead-end simply because an agent got it wrong. The passenger would have no idea they're being duped.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Urgh. My consolations.

Good luck!
Old Aug 20, 2014, 11:31 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by danger
It's painful how complex the fare is. I've only been doing xONEx bookings for less than a decade and even in that time they've become increasingly complex.

It's like airline baggage rules: often far too complex, even for savvy travellers. I agree it says something when the passenger knows more about the rules than the traveller. On the flipside, how many times would once-in-a-blue-moon travellers hit a dead-end simply because an agent got it wrong. The passenger would have no idea they're being duped.
I think you meant AGENT (instead of traveller).
Old Aug 24, 2014, 11:34 pm

CX is being quite slow with working out my ticket, between their misunderstanding of the rules and not listening to what I'm telling them.

I'm thinking I might try to wrestle something bookable out of the tool, then make the needed adjustments after it's issued.

Has anyone gotten the tool to work through payment recently?
Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:59 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
CX is being quite slow with working out my ticket, between their misunderstanding of the rules and not listening to what I'm telling them.

I'm thinking I might try to wrestle something bookable out of the tool, then make the needed adjustments after it's issued.

Has anyone gotten the tool to work through payment recently?
I am having problem to get the tool to work through payment even with my already traveled old itinerary (with new dates).

One other problem I encountered was NOT being possible to change city-pairs. In the past, you simply change it on the map. Now the tool no longer work with the map.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 1:35 am

CX finally got it ready to ticket. Now to see if they'll take payment online (they did last year when I changed routing on a CX issued ticket booked via the tool, but not sure if accepting online payment of the change fee is different to paying for entire ticket)

Though for some reason, they want APIS data entered before the ticket is issued. ?
Old Aug 29, 2014, 3:20 am

Programs: BA Silver, NZ Jade, QF Bronze, A Club Platinum, Hhonors Silver
Though for some reason, they want APIS data entered before the ticket is issued. ?
APIS is required before ticketing for any itinerary involving North America
Old Aug 29, 2014, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by deconz
APIS is required before ticketing for any itinerary involving North America
I've never been asked for APIS data for US before ticketing before. Only that it be entered before departure.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 6:23 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
I've never been asked for APIS data for US before ticketing before. Only that it be entered before departure.
Matches my experiences also.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Matches my experiences also.
It seems that they want APIS data preticketing for Qatar, not US. They're even asking for where I'm staying in DOH, when I'm clearly transiting and not leaving the airport (arrive DOH 1740, depart 0140+1 8 hours.)
Old Sep 3, 2014, 4:31 am

Programs: BA Silver, NZ Jade, QF Bronze, A Club Platinum, Hhonors Silver
As a travel agent I can't issue any ticket with North American points unless there is some form of APIS data (of course that could be totally made up)
Old Sep 4, 2014, 2:39 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
Originally Posted by deconz
As a travel agent I can't issue any ticket with North American points unless there is some form of APIS data (of course that could be totally made up)
That's odd. My travel to or through USA is ticketed with a number of airlines, and a mixture of directly booked with airline or through various (online) travel agencies. None have required APIS in order to be ticketed - that info gets provided at check in.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 5:52 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
The online tool bug which incorrectly prices tickets starting in the Middle East and ending in another location in the Middle East:

I priced up a DONE5 route starting in Cairo and ending in Tel Aviv (first and last flights on BA) and it appears to have priced it correctly. The CAI....... CAI price was the same as the CAI..... TLV price.

However the other Middle East ending points I have tried, such as Amman still incorrectly price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.