Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RTW ticket, longest routings ?? [On 16 segment rules]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2009, 8:59 am

Programs: AA,MilesnMore,Skywards
Just for fun ex Delhi xOne6

While investigating my lone3 I thought what could be the maximum xone6 ex Delhi (hence no bouncing del-nrt) . I came up with
del-nrt-cgk-nrt-syd-lhr-mct-lhr-dar-lhr-lax-eze-ccs-eze-dfw-nrt-del
for 76357 miles.

Any ideas on improving this?

The shortest sectors here are the bounce to Caracas(3190 each), the bounce to Jakarta(3632 each) and the bounce to Muscat (3628 each).
Old Mar 20, 2009, 10:33 am

Programs: QF Gold, SQ, AA, HA
Some minor tweaking gave me:

del-nrt-cgk-nrt-mel-lhr-mct-lhr-dar-lhr-lax-eze-ccs-scl-gru-nrt-del

at 77,767 miles. It might be possible to tweak the South American sectors a bit more but other than that I'm not sure you can go much higher.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 1:22 pm

I don't think there is a direct flight LAX-EZE or EZE-CCS.

Happy Travels.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 2:49 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
EZE-CCS is in the schedule, sometimes. It is not nonstop but does have a single flight number.
Same for LAX-EZE.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 9:48 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Now that the OWE rules have changed, by adding:
4(i) The same city pairs/sectors cannot be flown more than once in the same direction
Perhaps all the AA-EQP/QF-SC/BA-TP etc maximisers should re-work their itineraries
Old Aug 29, 2010, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA Now dirt, BA Silver soon dirt EX NW IGE. EX BA Gold EX AA EXP x9. SQ Gold
Originally Posted by pandaperth
Now that the OWE rules have changed, by adding:

Perhaps all the AA-EQP/QF-SC/BA-TP etc maximisers should re-work their itineraries
Oh that is bad news! I used my USA domestic segments to fly to SFO-ORD 3 times. The fare on that route in F went a long way to pay for the rest of the AONE4.
Thanks for the update!
Old Aug 30, 2010, 2:02 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by 2old4coach
Oh that is bad news! I used my USA domestic segments to fly to SFO-ORD 3 times. The fare on that route in F went a long way to pay for the rest of the AONE4.
Thanks for the update!
Nothing that a SFO-ORD-LAX-ORD-SEA-ORD-SFO won't fix next time for only a few less miles.

I struggle to see how this will limit too many people. Most of the long flights are already restricted (Perth in Aus, Anchorage in US, Mid-East from London, US transcons)
Old Aug 30, 2010, 9:55 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
It doesn't make much difference to mileage runners, but it does make a difference to people who actually go places that they need to go (which is what 2old4coach was doing if I understand correctly).
Old Aug 30, 2010, 10:48 am

Programs: AA Now dirt, BA Silver soon dirt EX NW IGE. EX BA Gold EX AA EXP x9. SQ Gold
Originally Posted by christep
It doesn't make much difference to mileage runners, but it does make a difference to people who actually go places that they need to go (which is what 2old4coach was doing if I understand correctly).
cristep: That is correct. I Fly to ORD (and HKG) for business and fly the rest of the RTW for fun! ( I like the miles too.)
Cheers!
Old Aug 30, 2010, 3:07 pm
tt7

It doesn't make much difference to mileage runners, but it does make a difference to people who actually go places that they need to go.
^ +1.

We used to do MEL-BNE-MEL-BNE-MEL -- not a great mileage-earner but we have relatives and friends in Brisbane so it was always an "easy and best use" of the available legs. Now we'll have to go somewhere else for one of them - it's so hard to have to go to Palm Cove instead ....
Old Aug 30, 2010, 11:18 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
I think it will matter to people like me who have very limited routing options from our home towns. At SEA (mine) I can fly to ORD, DFW or JFK, and JFK would be the one transcon. IIRC every RTW I've done has of necessity included at least 2x SEA-DFW or DFW-SEA legs, which will now have to be changed to ORD. Routes from SEA to the US Southeast or Latin America all pass through DFW, so this change is of no small consequence...to me.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 1:20 pm

Programs: XP AA, ◊ HGP, PL SPG, 1K UA
From where to get cheapest RTW fares?

India does no longer appear as a cheap place to start a RTW. Does any one have other suggestions?
Old Feb 20, 2011, 10:17 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Cheerfulflyer
India does no longer appear as a cheap place to start a RTW. Does any one have other suggestions?
A bit OT, but you can download this spreadsheet for reference,
http://sites.google.com/site/rtwfares/home
Old Feb 20, 2011, 10:24 pm

Programs: XP AA, ◊ HGP, PL SPG, 1K UA
Originally Posted by allset2travel
A bit OT, but you can download this spreadsheet for reference,
http://sites.google.com/site/rtwfares/home
Thanks, but managed to find a LONE3 for under 2500USD.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by Cheerfulflyer
Sudan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.