Reload this Page >

New oneworld itinerary validator

New oneworld itinerary validator

Old Jan 13, 2007, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Alvador
Thanks. This utility is great ^

I've been checking the miles required for BA oneworld awards and noticed that sometimes the miles required for business class are shown as 2x economy and for first class 3x economy
e.g. GRU-SFO-EDI
Econ 90, Biz 180, First 270
Whereas on other routes business class is shown as 3x economy and first class 4x economy
e.g. GRU-NYC-EDI
Econ 60, Biz 180, First 240
Is this correct or is there a glitch in the utility?

I've tried searching (britishairways.com, Google and FlyerTalk) for the rules on mileage required for businees / first class cabins on BA oneworld awards but without success.
http://www.britishairways.com/travel...e/public/en_hk
Old Jan 13, 2007, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA bronze
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Thanks, but I think that information is for BA miles redemptions for flights on BA and/or one partner airline.

BA oneworld awards are for flights on
* Two or more oneworld™ partner airlines, not including BA or
* Three or more oneworld™ partner airlines, if the itinerary includes BA

The information on the BA website https://www.britishairways.com/trave...g/public/en_gb only specifies the miles needed for the economy cabin on these awards, not business and first class. I don't know if it's safe to assume that the miles required are the same as for BA only / one partner awards i.e. 2x for business and 3x for first class.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Thanks, but I think that information is for BA miles redemptions for flights on BA and/or one partner airline.

BA oneworld awards are for flights on
* Two or more oneworld™ partner airlines, not including BA or
* Three or more oneworld™ partner airlines, if the itinerary includes BA

The information on the BA website https://www.britishairways.com/trave...g/public/en_gb only specifies the miles needed for the economy cabin on these awards, not business and first class. I don't know if it's safe to assume that the miles required are the same as for BA only / one partner awards i.e. 2x for business and 3x for first class.
Ah, sorry. I misunderstood your question. Your answer should be towards the bottom of this post from the ultimate BA guide, a sticky on the BA forum.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Ah, sorry. I misunderstood your question. Your answer should be towards the bottom of this post from the ultimate BA guide, a sticky on the BA forum.
Thanks ^
The answer from that post is
As with all awards, if you want to travel in business class, you need to multiply the miles you need by 2x, and if you want to travel in first, by 3x.
so the 3x for business class and 4x for first class shown in MileageMonkey is presumably incorrect.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 10:18 am
SLF

Programs: Various
Thanks ^
The answer from that post is
so the 3x for business class and 4x for first class shown in MileageMonkey is presumably incorrect.
Seems so; it was only affecting sectors 4001-9000 miles, as all the others had the correct multiples. There is a 25000-35000 entry in the ba.com page which wasn't in the MM table, so I've added that too (140/280/420 '000 miles for Y/J/F). 0.95008 is uploaded now.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by SLF
Seems so; it was only affecting sectors 4001-9000 miles, as all the others had the correct multiples. There is a 25000-35000 entry in the ba.com page which wasn't in the MM table, so I've added that too (140/280/420 '000 miles for Y/J/F). 0.95008 is uploaded now.
Thanks for making the modification so quickly. BA oneworld awards 4001-9000 miles now show the mileage requirement that I would expect. Afraid I'm not likely to be using 420 000 miles for an award anytime soon though
Old Jan 16, 2007, 9:22 am
SLF

Arrow Beta 0.95009 is available

Version 1.1 of JPH's tool has been located

Version 0.95009 is a substantial change from 0.95008, incorporating (hopefully) all of the enhancements and corrections added to the 0.9500x releases, plus the additional enhancements which were added into 1.1 (such as the "List Countries" button, old QF program being stripped out, LA added, plus some fixes).

To be clear, 0.95009 is a superset of both 0.95008 and 1.1.

If you wish to try 0.95009 (and I'd encourage everyone to do so), you'll need to follow the link from the earlier post in this thread to the "Older and beta versions", and then select "Latest beta version". After a little while, I'll move it from beta and replace the 0.95008 version.

Please give feedback in this thread, e.g. any issues encountered etc.
Old Jan 20, 2007, 8:52 pm
tt7

VIE (Vienna) not in Europe

Originally Posted by SLF
Please give feedback in this thread, e.g. any issues encountered etc.
Like the old version (so it presumably carried over from there) it thinks Vienna (VIE) is somewhere other than Europe so that, for example, LHR-VIE-HEL comes out as
: LHR-VIE: intercontinental
: VIE-HEL: intercontinental

The author previously fixed this but I guess the current version in use is based on a 'pre-fix' version.
Old Jan 21, 2007, 2:20 am
SLF

Originally Posted by tt7
Like the old version (so it presumably carried over from there) it thinks Vienna (VIE) is somewhere other than Europe so that, for example, LHR-VIE-HEL comes out as
: LHR-VIE: intercontinental
: VIE-HEL: intercontinental

The author previously fixed this but I guess the current version in use is based on a 'pre-fix' version.
Thanks tt7, I've moved VIE to Europe now . I also moved the beta to the main 0.95 page.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 3:26 pm
SLF

0.95010 available

This includes a feature to generate a link for an OWE itinerary, permitting:
  • an itinerary to be bookmarked
  • the ability to post a link to your itinerary on FT - enabling easier discussion
For example, click here and then choose Submit.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 5:18 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Thanks SLF ^. Some of BA's caribbean flights aren't listed. LGW-TAB/SXM/GCM etc.
Old Jan 23, 2007, 10:26 am
SLF

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Thanks SLF ^. Some of BA's caribbean flights aren't listed. LGW-TAB/SXM/GCM etc.
Whoops! I loaded the wrong flights database (from 1.1, when I should have used 0.95008). Now fixed.

So, LGW-TAB is restored; LHR-GCM is OK, but AFAICT BA don't fly LON-SXM?
Old Jan 23, 2007, 12:38 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Sorry I got the saints mixed up, I meant UVF (St Lucia) not SXM (St Maarten).
Old Jan 26, 2007, 9:52 pm

Thanks for the great tool. Is there any way to specify surface segments?
Old Jan 26, 2007, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
yes, as in "-HNL-LAX,SFO-DFW-" for a LAX-SFO "Surface Segment"

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.