Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

How long for AA to recognise BAEC status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2017, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton/Diamond, BA/Gold

Hi,

I hit BAEC Silver (OW Sapphire) a week ago, and I have upcoming flights with AA.

On AA it's not letting me pick MCE seats for free, which I believe I should be able to as Sapphire? Last flight as Ruby I was able to select them at check in for free

How long does it take AA to recognize BA status in their booking system?
Old Jul 17, 2017, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you have the OW Sapphire status before or after you made the AA reservation?
If you did not have the status when you made the reservation the usual recommendation is to remove your ff number, save, and then go back in add your ff number to refresh the reservation
Try on finnair or RJ (Royal Jordain) manage my booking.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 4:35 am
Original Poster

I was a lowly OW Ruby when I booked so lower status than now.

I've done the trick here of removing and re-adding via Finnair but it's not refreshed on AA yet
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:14 am
Original Poster

An update here, I've spoken to AA who say I don't have any OW status, but my executive club number is on the booking, and that I need to speak to BA about it

I've spoken to BA, who say I am Silver/Sapphire, and the executive club number is on the booking and I need to speak to AA about it.

Think this is going to take a while to resolve....
Old Jul 22, 2017, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andrewr1985
An update here, I've spoken to AA who say I don't have any OW status, but my executive club number is on the booking, and that I need to speak to BA about it

I've spoken to BA, who say I am Silver/Sapphire, and the executive club number is on the booking and I need to speak to AA about it.

Think this is going to take a while to resolve....
Ask AA to remove your number from the booking altogether, and then ask AA to re-add it.

The AY trick will only affect the copy of your PNR held by Amadeus, but AA will look at the Sabre PNR. These two systems do not synchronize well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.