Domestic segment tax (ZP), PFC (XF),Security Fee (AY), for OWE tkts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2002, 12:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)

This question is for ticketing experts:

If my OWE ticket is issued in Canada with the following routing, how will the taxes ZP, XF, and AY apply to my ticket? (I for sure that taxes XY and YR will apply)

YVR CX X/JFK AA X/DFW AA SFO AA X/CHI AA X/DFW AA JFK CX HKG .....

From my guess, they (ZP, XF, and AY) would be calculated as ZPYVR3JFK3DFW3SFO3ORD3DFW3 XFJFK3DFW3DFW3JFK3 AYJFK4DFW4SFO4ORD4

Correct me if I am wrong.
Old Mar 22, 2002, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It shouldbe something like this (in USD)

10.00YR (insurance premium for CX)
18.00ZP - ZPYVRJFKDFWSFOCHIDFW (Segment tax)
6.00XF - XFJFK3DFW3 (Pax facility fee)
5.00AY (US Security Fee)

The above is from a simulation in Sabre on an itinerary without dates (format WQYVR/ACX/XJFK/AAA/XDFW/AAASFO/AAA/XCHI/AAA/XDFW/AAAJFK/ACXHKG - I learned something new) yielding either an F/F26/F or a Y/Y26/Y fare with same taxes, and it's probably wrong -- there seems to be too much absorption of AY's (although this is a "one-way" ticket and AYs do max out to $5, so who knows) and of XFs, which look outright wrong to me.

Please let us know what you end up getting charged -- it would be interesting to compare.
Old Mar 22, 2002, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
The Q surcharge that CX charges is not a tax but a surcharge calculated into the ticket. If CX is issuing the ticket, it will add the Q surcharge. But if other airline issues the ticket, they can only add their Q surcharge on their sectors only.

But airlines like CX, with their eagle-eyed check-in agents will see if you have paid for the security tax PLUS the Q surcharge per sector and have been known to ask you to pay up front or else...

Note also that NOT all airports have the same XF tax... It all depends also on AIRCRAFT types, AIRPORTS and routing flown.

Yes it's THAT complicated!

[This message has been edited by Guy Betsy (edited 03-22-2002).]
Old Mar 22, 2002, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

So whats the % chance that there will be AT LEAST one minor error in tax/surcharge calculation on RTW tickets?

I would hate to have the check-in agent ask for for another $10 at check-in.

[This message has been edited by daniellam (edited 03-22-2002).]
Old Mar 22, 2002, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hillrider:
It shouldbe something like this (in USD)

10.00YR (insurance premium for CX)
18.00ZP - ZPYVRJFKDFWSFOCHIDFW (Segment tax)
6.00XF - XFJFK3DFW3 (Pax facility fee)
5.00AY (US Security Fee)

The above is from a simulation in Sabre on an itinerary without dates (format WQYVR/ACX/XJFK/AAA/XDFW/AAASFO/AAA/XCHI/AAA/XDFW/AAAJFK/ACXHKG - I learned something new)
</font>
What about "tax XY for JFK airport (arriving on CX from YVR)"? (I know YC and XA are exempt as the flight originates in Canada)

Is the tax code "YR" exclusively for CX's use (haven't flown since 9/11), or other airlines use this code too (or use "Q") with varying amounts?

Old Mar 23, 2002, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
On my recent OWE segments to, from and within Chile, I had to pay additional taxes. The total came to about $26, the bulk of which was for the flight from Chile to the United States.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.