RTW question

Old Jun 21, 2017, 11:21 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
RTW question

Hey folks

My OH and me are considering a RTW trip next year.

We currently have the following itinerary:

- exEU
- stops in HKG, SYD, HNL, LAX/SFO/SEA
- J class

What kind of recommendation can you folks provide me in terms of
- where to fly from (lower taxes/cost?) in Europe? (I think exLHR is more expensive than others)
- restrictions that may apply / ideas to reduce the cost (currently ~ 6000 per person)

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find anything useful on the oneworld website in terms of how many stops are allowed per continent etc.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 6:04 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by florens
Hey folks

My OH and me are considering a RTW trip next year.

We currently have the following itinerary:

- exEU
- stops in HKG, SYD, HNL, LAX/SFO/SEA
- J class

What kind of recommendation can you folks provide me in terms of
- where to fly from (lower taxes/cost?) in Europe? (I think exLHR is more expensive than others)
- restrictions that may apply / ideas to reduce the cost (currently ~ 6000 per person)

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find anything useful on the oneworld website in terms of how many stops are allowed per continent etc.
Have you tried the FAQ thread stickied in this sub? There is also a thread about cheap starting locations for Europe on the front page of this sub. And, the basic answers can be found on the website at https://www.oneworld.com/flights/rou...world-explorer
Old Jun 23, 2017, 12:00 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Thank you skunker. I now also have realised that the fares are loaded in EF and I can start searching.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.