Wiki Posts
Search

OW Lounges now specify any/these OW airlines on website

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2017, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
OW Lounges now specify any/these OW airlines on website

Not sure if this has been discussed before but just came across this update on OW website.

The rules will have been there before in reality but the OW website now specifies this on the lounge info block

Access for eligible customers traveling on any oneworld member airline.
or
Access for eligible customers traveling on these oneworld member airlines only.

Old Jan 20, 2017, 10:41 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Would be nice if it spelt 'Concourse' properly.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by dsf
Would be nice if it spelt 'Concourse' properly.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
I suppose it's a different way of saying 'third party' lounge, which have only been for passengers of the contracting airline.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 3:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Are we sure this is accurate for customers on MH?

Old Jan 20, 2017, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Cymro

They exclude non-revenue tickets???
Old Jan 20, 2017, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
Appears to be accurate. Travelling on any OneWorld airline, as long as they are in Business/First on Qatar (according to the note).
Is the bit mentioning "revenue" accurate? No access on a reward booking...is that right?
Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
I wouldn't necessarily read it as that ... it may exclude upgrades, or non-rev travellers such as staff travel.

I didn't spot that - I was more shocked that they apparently allow access for travellers on Malaysian in premium cabins.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:50 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Oneworld, *A; Hilton, SPG
The new redesign has major errors though. A lot of 'First Class' lounges are now being listed as open to Business class and Sapphire members... Can we use this as means of getting entry, I wonder?

On the QR lounge, it's been said to be open to MH F/J passengers for quite some time now, though I've yet to see a fellow FT'er verifying that.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Cymro

Was no issue at all getting access as a MH business class passenger on wednesday evening
Old Jan 31, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA-SIL MR-TIT HYT-GBL IHG-PLT HH-DIA WYN-PLT AMEX-PLT
It is good that they are trying to be clearer but:

1) There do seem to be some errors on OWS vs OWE access -- they seem highlighted in the new interface.
2) The way they list isn't terribly clear for the uninitiated-- I wish they wouldn't use the only lined section breaks between the new condition description and the existing access condition description (I get what they are trying to do but it just makes them look like separate things to me)
3) When I saw the redesign I was really hoping they had made it available as an app -- would be really nice if they could come up with an offline available app like what PriorityPass does (granted not a huge deal--OW lounges are generally much easier to locate in the airport than all the odd PriorityPass ones)
Old Feb 1, 2017, 10:39 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
The rules did not change at all,but the new design will hopefully stop questions such as "Why I was not allowed in the TG lounge when flying CX from BKK,despite the fact that it's on the OW lounge finder (RJ/QR only).

In regards to LHR T4,it's always been the case that MH J/F pax can use the QR lounge and that Emerald/Sapphire members flying QR Economy (and not allowed to QR lounge) can use the MH J/F lounges (non status QR J/F pax can also use the MH lounges ofcourse).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.