Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

Tier status update delay

Tier status update delay

Old Jan 13, 2017, 3:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Iberia SAS
Tier status update delay

Hello I just got my Iberia Oro status (OW Sapphire) a week ago, but the BA system does not recognize me as sapphire, only Ruby for the moment. I will be flying soon and I'd like to take advantage of the extra luggage and the lounge access. Does anyone know how long it takes for the status to be updated across all airlines? Is there a way that I can check my OW status online?

Thanks for your help!

Yago
Old Jan 14, 2017, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you book the flight before your new status was achieved?
The usual answer if to remove your freq flyer number from the reservation, save and then put back your freq freq flyer number. This refreshes the reservation.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 2:34 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Also, do you have your membership card, if so you can use this for proof even if t doesn't show on your booking.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by navylad
Also, do you have your membership card, if so you can use this for proof even if t doesn't show on your booking.
Iberia Oro status (OW Sapphire) should also help with seat selection
Old Jan 14, 2017, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Did you book the flight before your new status was achieved?
The usual answer if to remove your freq flyer number from the reservation, save and then put back your freq freq flyer number. This refreshes the reservation.
Thanks Mwenenzi for your reply. I booked immediately after getting my new status email. I have already tried re-entering my freq flyer number without any luck. With regards to seat selection, I was able to solve this by calling BA and they selected my seats for me; I even got the chance to select emergency exit seats on a transatlantic flight, something I don't think is a Sapphire privilege.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by navylad
I suppose that would help,but I really don't feel like having to argue with check in personnel, for my second piece of luggage or with the lounge personnel inorder to be able to access the lounge...

Thanks for your comment!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.