Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA changes schedule on ex-CAI AONE4 which I don't want

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2017, 11:45 am
Original Poster

AA changes schedule on ex-CAI AONE4 which I don't want

Have an AONE4 ex-CAI starting Mar 2017. Routing is CAI-DOH-CDG-LHR-MIA-SLC-MIA... The dates after the LHR-MIA flight were place holders. Well the n/s MIA-SLC-MIA is gone after 2-Apr. My ticket had late Apr dates for the MIA-SLC segments. The ticket now has MIA-DFW-SLC for both MIA-SLC flights (18 instead of 16 segments). I want the n/s MIA-SLC for the BA tier points (> 2000 miles). I can fly those flights before the 2-Apr deadline. I would hope that I could get my original routing back if the changed flights are operating, but who knows what is in AA's and OW's interpretation these days for good value tickets. Suggestions?
Old Jan 3, 2017, 3:54 pm

Programs: OW Emerald
Originally Posted by headinclouds
Suggestions?
Call AA and request the MIA-SLC flights prior to 2 April.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 5:36 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
AA will not be able to touch it until you fly a couple segments. I had this happen with an ex-KRT a couple years ago and I was told they could not touch my now 17 segment itinerary as it would cause a reprice due to changing ticketed points.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Which airline booked it?

Has your itinerary been reticketed since the schedule change? Since e-tickets are limited to 16 segments, my guess is not. So, you will need to resolve the issue before flying.

It is not uncommon for there to be a schedule change that forces an RTW itinerary to exceed 16 segments. The airline that originally booked it, or the airline that caused the schedule change, should fix it, normally by removing some later segments to get the total to be 16 or fewer, and adding notes to the PNR to permit those segments to be added back in later without the $125 fee.

To reiterate: because a schedule change is what is forcing the rereoute, the ticket is not repriced and you do not have to pay the $125 reroute fee, even if you have not yet flown a single segment and even if it is the first segment that needs to be changed.

This happened to me recently on an ex-JNB DONE5: QR pushed back the start date of a nonstop, forcing a 17th segment. The ticket was purchased from AA, so the AA RTW desk deleted some later segments and added in the forced extra segment. (Multiple segments had to be deleted to permit a valid xONEx routing.) AA added notes to the PNR so that after the first segment was flown, the deleted segments could be added back for free. It has happened before, e.g., once CX changed the schedule so that my first flight was no longer operating on the date booked.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by headinclouds
Have an AONE4 ex-CAI starting Mar 2017. Routing is CAI-DOH-CDG-LHR-MIA-SLC-MIA... The dates after the LHR-MIA flight were place holders. Well the n/s MIA-SLC-MIA is gone after 2-Apr. My ticket had late Apr dates for the MIA-SLC segments. The ticket now has MIA-DFW-SLC for both MIA-SLC flights (18 instead of 16 segments). I want the n/s MIA-SLC for the BA tier points (> 2000 miles). I can fly those flights before the 2-Apr deadline. I would hope that I could get my original routing back if the changed flights are operating, but who knows what is in AA's and OW's interpretation these days for good value tickets. Suggestions?
Hate to quote my self, but 15 minutes on the phone with AA, then they resisued the ticket (2 hours later) with the n/s flights for the days when it is still flying. Absolutely no problems. BIG ^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.