RTW re-issue concerns (merged thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RTW re-issue concerns (merged thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2017, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism
Qantas, as your ticketing carrier, can and should accommodate your preference in how to deal with the schedule change. There's no fear of repricing, because the change will be coded as involuntary, as it resulted from a schedule change rather than you calling up and asking for a change. There's no need to wait until after flying your first flight. However, it's best to ask for an option where L inventory is available. You can verify L space on your desired flight using a tool such as ExpertFlyer, or by calling and asking. If L isn't available, QF might book you in another inventory, but that might be a more difficult fight. Your option 2 requires an extra segment (a surface segment EZE-AEP), which QF should be able to handle, but if that pushes you over 16 segments might require that QF either issue you a paper ticket or delete some segments and note in the PNR that they are to be re-added after you've flown a few.
Thanks! Contacted Qantas (through their Twitter support) and they changed it to my preferred options without complaint. ^
Old Jun 21, 2017, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by pbd456
aa swu is considered a paid upgrade. it can be credited to any program after it is cleared.
The context was a grab-and-go rather than a reticketed segment.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by VaguelyCynical
Thanks! Contacted Qantas (through their Twitter support) and they changed it to my preferred options without complaint. ^
Very glad to hear it!
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by 2old4coach
I am at a loss on what to do since I cannot change anything until the flight cancels and I will be on my way to CAI when the strike begins.
You seem to have thought it out pretty well and covered all your options, but in the end there isn't much you can do but wait and see.

If you preemptively cancel, but the flight doesn't, you'll kick yourself.

If you wait and see, and the flight cancels, BA in CAI may be able to put you on MS instead.

I think I'd wait and see myself. I also don't feel the chance of CAI being cancelled is as high as you think it will be, but unfortunately we just don't know.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA Now dirt, BA Silver soon dirt EX NW IGE. EX BA Gold EX AA EXP x9. SQ Gold
Originally Posted by JAXBA
You seem to have thought it out pretty well and covered all your options, but in the end there isn't much you can do but wait and see.

If you preemptively cancel, but the flight doesn't, you'll kick yourself.

If you wait and see, and the flight cancels, BA in CAI may be able to put you on MS instead.

I think I'd wait and see myself. I also don't feel the chance of CAI being cancelled is as high as you think it will be, but unfortunately we just don't know.
Thanks for your support.
I went through Expert Flyer, and printed the possible re routes. BA is still insisting the flight fly as scheduled. If BA dumps me on the MS flight at 9:10 am. I will only have a 35 minute connect at LHR, which will be impossible to make. If I see the outbound flight is cancelled on July 3, I will try to contact BA First from CAI and grab a flight on July 3 or early morning flight on LH.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
somewhat OT: I was intrigued with JAXBA's relative optimism re the LHR - CAI service running as scheduled, and went to look at Expert Flyer to see how many seats were still for sale in the days immediately preceding/following July 4, and was shocked to not find a single Y seat available for sale LHR - CAI on any date between July 1 - 7, and literally only a single PE seat (and that only on a single date). I understand that there's not much competition on the route, but honestly hadn't expected to find it sold out. My OT query: are such advance sales to Egypt normal for this time of year? Are these filled with group tours that agencies pre-purchase far in advance, effectively replacing private charters? If that's the case, then I can absolutely see BA trying to replace such a flight with a wetlease charter (though obviously not the QR ones discussed in another thread ). Any insights would be appreciated.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jbalmuth
My OT query: are such advance sales to Egypt normal for this time of year?
There's plenty of demand. We've just had the end of Ramadan so most business travel over the last six weeks has been deferred until now. Also, the competing services are all operated by shorthaul config aircraft which a lot of people don't like. Maybe BA should up the price.

If that's the case, then I can absolutely see BA trying to replace such a flight with a wetlease charter (though obviously not the QR ones discussed in another thread ). Any insights would be appreciated.
Obtaining a wetlease charter in the height of summer is not easy in Europe. All the aircraft are already on lease. That is why BA is requesting special permission from the UK's civil aviation authority to use non-EU aircraft. BA might be able to rustle up another aircraft from somewhere but probably the leasing companies aren't too keen on sending their aircraft to Egypt anyway. Plus the high number of seats sold make it unlikely that BA would want to merge flights or cancel flights. Can't say for sure, but I would think it would be pretty low on the cancellation list.

When BA does do wetleasing, it is based on their scheduling and crewing requirements, they don't care which "type" of passenger is on board.

What I'd say is, keep a close eye on it (I assume you have the My Flights App or a similar live monitoring app watching your PNR for changes), make sure sure you know your alternative options, but try not to worry too much until next week.

Last edited by Calchas; Jun 27, 2017 at 3:44 pm
Old Jul 11, 2017, 7:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT, AS MVP Gold
I'm currently middle of DONE5 and trying to reroute it to make it DONE6 and only pay the historical fare difference. However, AY is pricing it so that I would need to pay difference with current exMPM fare and paid fare because of the late ticketing date.

The original ticket was booked, prised and deposit paid with cheap exMPM prices from QF on 3.8.2016 when QF had old exMPM fares still filed in the system. The final payment and ticketing took place on 6.8.2016. At that time QF didn't have anymore the old MPM price, only AY/JJ/LA/MH/S7/UL had that price left at the time of ticketing.

The ticket is currently on AY stock. AY first said that LA should make the change, but LA is not agreeing to touch the ticket for anything. AY finally agreed to do the change, but they are quoting the price difference between old and new exMPM price.

Should I be able to upfare my ticket from DONE5 to DONE6 by paying only the old fare difference (and tax difference of course)? In my understanding it should be possible given that AY had the price filed at the time of ticketing. And how should I proceed to get the rerouting done?
Old Jul 11, 2017, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thois
I'm currently middle of DONE5 and trying to reroute it to make it DONE6 and only pay the historical fare difference. However, AY is pricing it so that I would need to pay difference with current exMPM fare and paid fare because of the late ticketing date.
That doesn't make any sense?

Once a ticket (of any kind, rtw or one way or whatever) is partially flown, then any repricing must be done using the historical fares that were in effect at the time the ticket was originally issued. As far as I am aware, that is a long standing IATA rule.

I checked: it's there on the first page of the changes chapter in the IATA Ticketing Handbook.
Chapter 12. Changes to passenger tickets.

12.1.1 Definitions
In consideration of changes to passenger tickets the following definitions apply:
“EXCHANGE” means for the purpose of this chapter taking the value of a totally unused ticket and exchanging it directly in full or part “payment” for a completely new ticket using present fares and associated rules and conditions.
“REBOOKING” means a change of reservation and/or other changes which do not require ticket reissuance or exchange;
“REISSUE” means for the purpose of this chapter taking a partially used ticket and re-assessing the fare for a revised routing based on fares, associated rules and conditions that were applicable at the time of original ticket issuance.

[...]
(Emphasis mine.)

Also it's mentioned again in 12.7.2, rerouting with additional collection.

Should I be able to upfare my ticket from DONE5 to DONE6 by paying only the old fare difference (and tax difference of course)? In my understanding it should be possible given that AY had the price filed at the time of ticketing. And how should I proceed to get the rerouting done?
Yes

Last edited by Calchas; Jul 11, 2017 at 12:01 pm
Old Jul 11, 2017, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA Now dirt, BA Silver soon dirt EX NW IGE. EX BA Gold EX AA EXP x9. SQ Gold
Originally Posted by thois

The original ticket was booked, prised and deposit paid with cheap exMPM prices from QF on 3.8.2016 when QF had old exMPM fares still filed in the system. The final payment and ticketing took place on 6.8.2016. At that time QF didn't have anymore the old MPM price, only AY/JJ/LA/MH/S7/UL had that price left at the time of ticketing.

The ticket is currently on AY stock. AY first said that LA should make the change, but LA is not agreeing to touch the ticket for anything. AY finally agreed to do the change, but they are quoting the price difference between old and new exMPM price.

We are also in the middle adding a continent on to our ex Cai Aone3.
We ticketed through BA as that was the carrier that picked up the Cai booking. BA has acknowledged that they will use the historical fare, the fare at the time of booking to price the extra continent. However, if that actually occurs is yet another issue. I will keep you posted on my success.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 6:07 pm

somewhat OT: I was intrigued with JAXBA's relative optimism re the LHR - CAI service running as scheduled, and went to look at Expert Flyer to see how many seats were still for sale in the days immediately preceding/following July 4, and was shocked to not find a single Y seat available for sale LHR - CAI on any date between July 1 - 7, and literally only a single PE seat (and that only on a single date). I understand that there's not much competition on the route, but honestly hadn't expected to find it sold out. My OT query: are such advance sales to Egypt normal for this time of year? Are these filled with group tours that agencies pre-purchase far in advance, effectively replacing private charters? If that's the case, then I can absolutely see BA trying to replace such a flight with a wetlease charter (though obviously not the QR ones discussed in another thread ). Any insights would be appreciated.
I flew the CAI- LHR segment on July 4, BA 154, indeed a full flight.
There were 3 extra crew members, all mixed fleet, on the flight including 2 flight managers.
For our flight, BA has scheduled extra crew in anticipation of no shows. From what I heard from the crew on our flight they are anxious for the new contract to be accepted for it means a pay increase for them. I gather from several interactions with the various crew members that the folks that are holding up the vote are the same people who went out on strike before and lost their employee flight benefits. I also gathered that the senior legacy flight attendants crew could earn over 100k annually... I would be curious if someone could confirm that. ( obviously this is discussed in more detail in the BA forum) That is off topic.

In any event answer to your question. BA seems to be staffing the CAI-LHR flights with no problem. They are also flying their own 787-8 and 787-9. NO QR metal.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 9:20 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
the ticket was issued by qantas on aug 6. so ay tried to use qanats price for done6 on aug 6.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 8:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by pbd456
the ticket was issued by qantas on aug 6. so ay tried to use qanats price for done6 on aug 6.
So does the ticket needs to be repriced with QF fares, or should it be possible to use fares published by another OW carrier?

I also got another response from AY, they said that xONEx ticket prices changed already from 1.8.2017 and those old fares that existed in GDS some days after were error.

So I guess I can't try anything more to reroute with old price with AY?

Do you think that it could be possible to reroute using some of the carriers that still had the fare on 06 Aug (AY/JJ/LA/MH/S7/UL)? And because the IATA rules mention only ticketing date, the paid deposit on 3 Aug doesn't matter anything?
Old Jul 18, 2017, 7:31 am

Has anyone sucessfully changed an itinerary for an ex-CAI ticket after they have flown the 1st flight that was ticketed by AA? I wonder about this given the recent posts by 2old4couch and thois. Especially since AA has pulled all references to those fares. I checked on EF and AA has no entries for ticketing dates from 1-Nov-2016, while BA and QR do have fares listed. No plans to continue by AONE4 until later this year.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by headinclouds
Has anyone sucessfully changed an itinerary for an ex-CAI ticket after they have flown the 1st flight that was ticketed by AA? I wonder about this given the recent posts by 2old4couch and thois. Especially since AA has pulled all references to those fares. I checked on EF and AA has no entries for ticketing dates from 1-Nov-2016, while BA and QR do have fares listed. No plans to continue by AONE4 until later this year.
It took 2 weeks but BA just got back to me for the cost of adding a continent onto my Aone3 ex CAI. They price the change for 960 GBP per person. I was not able to get a breakdown of the pricing because the fare dept. was already closed???? Go figure.

I prefer to chat with the folks at Manchester anyway.
here is the Nov. 2016 pricing for A fares: 3540 GBP without tax for Aone 3, 4006 GBP for Aone 4 without tax. Add 96 GBP ($125 usd) for change fee and ??? Rip off BA taxes then 960 GBP may be correct. After todays devaluation will be more in USD. Thanks Trump..
The routing is still screwed up...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.