Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RTW re-issue concerns (merged thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:13 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Gardyloo
Per member requests I am re-opening and "sticking" this thread - with a revised title - as a forum for discussions on issues and problems involving RTW ticket re-issues and modifications. Before posting here, please consult other relevant threads, in particular the Oneworld Explorer FAQ, to insure your problem hasn't already been discussed and/or resolved.

Thanks.

Gardyloo
Oneworld moderator
Thank you making this a "Sticky". I think it now better serves all those who have re-issue concerns. ^
Old Jan 13, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: AA Now dirt, BA Silver soon dirt EX NW IGE. EX BA Gold EX AA EXP x9. SQ Gold
Reissue Ex Cairo

Hi Folks,

I have been looking for the "current" Aone4 price ex CAI if a ticket was to be "re priced" or reissued. I cannot find a price in Expert Flyer or the One world RTW tool.
Does anyone have an idea what an AONE4 would reprice at, since these tickets are no longer being issued by one world carriers?
Old Jan 13, 2017, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 2old4coach
Hi Folks,

I have been looking for the "current" Aone4 price ex CAI if a ticket was to be "re priced" or reissued. I cannot find a price in Expert Flyer or the One world RTW tool.
Does anyone have an idea what an AONE4 would reprice at, since these tickets are no longer being issued by one world carriers?
It depends, for a reissue*, it will be calculated at the historical price anyway.

For an exchange*, it may under some circumstances be at the historical price or if the first flight coupon is touched then it is supposed to be at the fares currently in effect.

Personally I think the airlines will be extremely reluctant to exchange unflown tickets for new CAI-originating tickets. They may even argue that it is implicitly not allowed since the new ticket must be repriced at the current fare and there is no new fare to use. Alternatively, the ticket desk might quietly just use the old rate. Finally, it has been suggested that the ticket desks may try to use other fares to construct a new price, such as a series of oneway fares, but in my view this may not be possible because not all carriers issue oneway fares that can be combined in this way.

* IATA defines a reissue as a new ticket issued to replace a partially flown ticket [a change after departure]; an exchange is the new ticket issued to replace a wholly unflown ticket [a change before departure].

Last edited by Calchas; Jan 13, 2017 at 9:23 am
Old Jan 13, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA Now dirt, BA Silver soon dirt EX NW IGE. EX BA Gold EX AA EXP x9. SQ Gold
Originally Posted by Calchas
It depends, for a reissue*, it will be calculated at the historical price anyway.

For an exchange*, it may under some circumstances be at the historical price or if the first flight coupon is touched then it is supposed to be at the fares currently in effect.

Personally I think the airlines will be extremely reluctant to exchange unflown tickets for new CAI-originating tickets. They may even argue that it is implicitly not allowed since the new ticket must be repriced at the current fare and there is no new fare to use. Alternatively, the ticket desk might quietly just use the old rate. Finally, it has been suggested that the ticket desks may try to use other fares to construct a new price, such as a series of oneway fares, but in my view this may not be possible because not all carriers issue oneway fares that can be combined in this way.

* IATA defines a reissue as a new ticket issued to replace a partially flown ticket [a change after departure]; an exchange is the new ticket issued to replace a wholly unflown ticket [a change before departure].
Very well stated, Thank you.
My intent would be an exchange. I do not think it is worth the risk, but perhaps I will ask BA the airline that issued it.. I was interested in Changing the date of first flight. That would indeed require an exchange, reprice, etc.
As of now I will try to change the date of the second flight. I believe that is allowed before the first flight?
Old Jan 13, 2017, 12:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Very well stated, Thank you.
My intent would be an exchange. I do not think it is worth the risk, but perhaps I will ask BA the airline that issued it.. I was interested in Changing the date of first flight. That would indeed require an exchange, reprice, etc.
As of now I will try to change the date of the second flight. I believe that is allowed before the first flight?
Changing the 1st flight is not possible. Since there are no ATW fares ex CAI , it cannot be repriced, so would just need to be cancelled

Changing the date of 2nd flight is permitted without recalculating fare, so should be ok - did one only recently through Qantas
Old Jan 13, 2017, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Changing the 1st flight is not possible. Since there are no ATW fares ex CAI , it cannot be repriced, so would just need to be cancelled

Changing the date of 2nd flight is permitted without recalculating fare, so should be ok - did one only recently through Qantas
Hi Dave,
Did you have the initial ticket issued by QF?

My second segment is scheduled two hours after I arrive LHR.
I guess in CAI I tell them to check my bags to LHR? And do my routing changes at the transfer desk in LHR? Then pick up the bags at LHR?

Last edited by 2old4coach; Jan 13, 2017 at 9:26 pm
Old Jan 13, 2017, 9:44 pm

Hi Dave,
Did you have the initial ticket issued by QF?
Sure did. Was the easiest ATW ticket issuance I have ever had

My second segment is scheduled two hours after I arrive LHR.
I guess in CAI I tell them to check my bags to LHR? And do my routing changes at the transfer desk in LHR? Then pick up the bags at LHR?
It seems a rather hopeful enterprise. Are you just changing date/time without creating/removing a stopover? If so , I would work on doing it before departure
Old Jan 14, 2017, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Sure did. Was the easiest ATW ticket issuance I have ever had

I did mine on line and was given the number at BA to call, So I did not I am stuck with the BA agent lottery. AA would not issue it even after I has a confirmation number.

It seems a rather hopeful enterprise. Are you just changing date/time without creating/removing a stopover? If so , I would work on doing it before departure
Good advice on creating a stop over in the routing for LHR. The last BA agent I spoke with said any change before departure to the date of the second sector is not allowed..I do not think that is correct. I thought date a change before departure for any sector except the first was allowed?

I also may have trouble with the already ticketed connection in Doha on the way back. The on line tool allows a stop over in Europe and a connection in Doha but many times the agents just say it is an invalid routing. It may not be worth the hassle. The second ticket has a transit of LHR to JNB on the last few segments I may just choose to end in JNB
Itin #1 as ticketed: Cai x LHR-SFO-DFW-DTW-DFW-SFO-HKG-DPS-DOH x CAI
( I plan on changing after I arrive in SFO to SFO-HKG-DPS ( surface sector) JKT-NRT-SYD-DOH-CAI.

Itin #2 as ticketed: CAIxLHR-SFO-HKG-LHR-JNB-DOH-CAI.

I would like to change that to CAI-LHR Stopover LHR -SFO-HKG-LHR-JNB-DOH-CAI. ( just end in JNB)

BUT again BA is hard to deal with.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 8:36 pm

If you are trying to change a transit to a stopover, then that is something that you are not, I think, going to be able to fix before you get to London. iirc , changing a transit to a stopover counts as a routing change ( though I could be mistaken )

With the tickets that I organised, I had originally booked nearly all the sectors as having stopovers; when making the change to 2nd sector ex LHR, it was same destination to a later date where there already was a stopover allowed for in London
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Calchas
BA telephone staff are either brilliant or totally incompetent. (I know JAXBA must have been one of the brilliant agents of course.)
Awww, shucks!

But yeah, I was pretty awesome. Was truly a case of throwing out the baby with the bath water when they closed JAX... Ah well. Now I get to spend more time on FT...
Old Jan 18, 2017, 9:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT, AS MVP Gold
I had difficulties rerouting my QF issued exMPM DONE5 with QF premium desk after flying two first segments. In short, QF were making up rules and didn't agreed to make the change. Tried to get change done with AA and AY, first both declined, but finally AY was able to make the change.

First QF agent put new flights to the system. The new routing couldn't be prised automatically, so they promised to call back. However, when I got callback the agent that handled the case claimed that I was breaking the rules. However, they were making up some rules that didn't exist in the rule sheet For example, they didn't wanted to allow connections in continents already visited even that rule sheet allows it. Also they were saying that layover must be in some date, they didn't agreed with the 24 hour rule.

I asked to speak to supervisor, but the agent had already talked to him, so supervisor agreed with the first agent. Tried even HUCA, but because of the notes on the record, got connected to same agent. At this point they even wanted to reprice the ticket even that I had already started using the ticket. Finally the supervisor agreed to check with OneWorld support, who confirmed my routing and not doing any base fare repricing.

However, the dictionary still didn't autoprice, so QF didn't still agreed to make the change. The supervisor was claiming that they are not allowed to manually price itineraries any more and it would be illegal to do so.
At this stage my original flight was on following morning, so I really needed to get the change done. Also the new flight still didn't had e-ticket number, there was risk of losing it.

The next flight was with AY so tried to contact them. First they said that their rating desk is closed, so they couldn't do the change in time. Tried to contact AA RTW desk. New guy that I didn't knew beforehand answered and first disagreed to help with the change. I asked to speak supervisor and explained the situation. The supervisor was willing to help as AA RTW desk senior agents always, but AA rating desk couldn't see the taxes that I had already paid (propably because of different GDS), so the rating desk couldn't do the tax calculation for the new ticket.

Tried to call again to QF, they still made excuses why not to make the change.

Finally, AY Gold reservations was willing to help me. They removed the unwanted flight and promised to handle the change on following day when rating desk is open. On next day, got call from AY rating. It was very helpful to speak to rating people directly. According to her, he took almost half day to get the calculations right.

I have got before very good service from QF premium desk, but it seems not the case anymore as people have changed, especially in NZ. OZ based res team tend to handle complicated things better, but it seems to be hit and miss, depending where a call get routed to. Note that I don't have status with QF, but I have asked to get connected to premium desk because of the OW status, as one very helpful QF agent suggested some time ago when I had last time problems reissuing the ticket with ordinary QF res desk.

Needed to even give positive feedback to AY for handling the case as after they agreed to handle got superior service from them. I don't have status with them either, but was able to get service from AY Gold as AY tends to handle all OW elites same as their own elites.

But really, it shouldn't take hours in phone with multiple carriers to make changes to the premium class ticket. Much better experience from my previous RTW ticket with AA stock and using AA RTW desk only to make changes. Hopefully next changes will go smoothly with AY.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thois
I had difficulties rerouting my QF issued ex MPM DONE5 with QF premium desk after flying two first segments. In short, QF were making up rules and didn't agreed to make the change.
What was your route before and after the change?
Old Jan 19, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
What was your route before and after the change?
I should have mentioned it.

Originally the route was MPM-xDOH-HEL-xLHR-HNL-xLAX-ORD-MIA-LIM-SCL-IPC-xSCL-xJFK-HKG-ICN-xDOH-CPT

changed to MPM-xDOH-HEL-MIA-LAX-LIM-SCL-IPC-xSCL-xJFK-HKG-MLE-xHKG-CGK-NRT-xLHR-NBO.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 10:20 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
The supervisor was claiming that they are not allowed to manually price itineraries any more and it would be illegal to do so.
Nonsense. That's how most RTWs in Amadeus are priced to begin with...
Old Jan 20, 2017, 11:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Bronze, TK Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Fairmont Premiere, IHG Ambas
I had difficulties rerouting my QF issued exMPM DONE5 with QF premium desk after flying two first segments. In short, QF were making up rules and didn't agreed to make the change. Tried to get change done with AA and AY, first both declined, but finally AY was able to make the change...

I asked to speak to supervisor, but the agent had already talked to him, so supervisor agreed with the first agent. Tried even HUCA, but because of the notes on the record, got connected to same agent. At this point they even wanted to reprice the ticket even that I had already started using the ticket. Finally the supervisor agreed to check with OneWorld support, who confirmed my routing and not doing any base fare repricing...

Tried to call again to QF, they still made excuses why not to make the change...

I have got before very good service from QF premium desk, but it seems not the case anymore as people have changed, especially in NZ. OZ based res team tend to handle complicated things better, but it seems to be hit and miss, depending where a call get routed to. Note that I don't have status with QF, but I have asked to get connected to premium desk because of the OW status, as one very helpful QF agent suggested some time ago when I had last time problems reissuing the ticket with ordinary QF res desk.

Needed to even give positive feedback to AY for handling the case as after they agreed to handle got superior service from them. I don't have status with them either, but was able to get service from AY Gold as AY tends to handle all OW elites same as their own elites.

But really, it shouldn't take hours in phone with multiple carriers to make changes to the premium class ticket. Much better experience from my previous RTW ticket with AA stock and using AA RTW desk only to make changes. Hopefully next changes will go smoothly with AY.
Went through something similar with QF, although I'm not an elite with QF, absolutely intransigent on a simple change on an ex-CAI DONE4 they issued. My first two flights were with QR and I had married segment issue that was only resolved by QR once I flew first segment and was in transit, just wanted to move to an earlier flight.

The change i wanted to make was a date change to a segment DPS-HKG from January to September as a place hold until I resume the ticket. No change in terms of transit vs stopover, but QF wouldn't do it claiming since QR reissued the ticket so only they could make changes now (nonsense, any OW airline can take control and make changes) and that there was no OW team for QF that is experienced with this ticket and the supervisor already confirmed and double confirmed. They wouldn't even acknowledge that they were the original issuers of the ticket.

Extremely disappointed after a pretty good experience with original issue and redoing a ticket originally issued as adult fare when it was child. Might give them one more chance but will try and call Australia directly and during normal business hours to increase chance of getting competent team.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.