[FARES GONE] Egyptian Pound Devalued - bargain prices for RTW tickets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARES GONE] Egyptian Pound Devalued - bargain prices for RTW tickets

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2016, 10:39 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Regardless of who issues the ticket, you can change the program to which each flight is reported/credited individually, flight by flight, with a little effort. That should solve your problem. Also, my understanding is that the 75K cap applies to BIS miles. You'll need at least a five continent itinerary to do that, I believe.

With regard to AA SWUs, my experience is that you can only use them on flights which you are crediting to AAdvantage.
I'm crediting to AA for all my legs. I'm just not sure who I should issue the ticket with (CX or AA)...
Old Nov 8, 2016, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Are you sure? The language about changes to the first flight is "first flight coupon." When I read that, my interpretation was that if it was a paper ticket and the change could be done with a sticker, then there was no reprice. The flight coupon (again, continuing the metaphor of the old paper tickets) only has to be changed if you change the city pair. Otherwise, and IMO importantly, the fare ladder remains unchanged.
I agree with pandaperth. Attempting to change the date of that first segment in the past was often met with a reprice.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...light-rtw.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...e-changes.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...t-ex-asia.html
There are other threads discussing this. I always take the position that the first international segment is locked and only make changes after flying that segment so as to avoid problems.

That said I seem to remember at least one person commenting that they were able to change the date of the first segment at the airport.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 11:45 am

I don`t have EF account so could someone be nice and copy-paste ex-CAI DONE3, 4 and 5 prices from AY.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Leo123
I don`t have EF account so could someone be nice and copy-paste ex-CAI DONE3, 4 and 5 prices from AY.
Same as AA/QR/BA listed above.
For the truly hardy, LONE3 is $951 and LONE4 is $1096
Old Nov 8, 2016, 2:54 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Just called AA RTW desk to check on pricing on my ex-CAI itin. They said they are not ticketing out of Cairo due to pricing problems and told me they were cancelling my reservation and I should call back in a week or so to rebook it. I said OK.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat (2MM), Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
Just called AA RTW desk to check on pricing on my ex-CAI itin. They said they are not ticketing out of Cairo due to pricing problems and told me they were cancelling my reservation and I should call back in a week or so to rebook it. I said OK.
Same... anyone try with other airlines?
Old Nov 8, 2016, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA PPro
Originally Posted by cphurley
Same... anyone try with other airlines?
try BA? http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...boutCountry=EG -->

Telephone: +20 (2) 2480 0380
Sunday - Thursday
09:00-17:00
Old Nov 8, 2016, 3:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Just used the RTW tool. One hour ago it was pricing a DONE4 at around EGP50k, an hour later it is pricing it at EGP118k - so prices have been adjusted it seems!
Old Nov 8, 2016, 4:53 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by wijibintheair
Just used the RTW tool. One hour ago it was pricing a DONE4 at around EGP50k, an hour later it is pricing it at EGP118k - so prices have been adjusted it seems!
Guess this wasn't meant to be then...back to CX ex-xxx mileage running instead!
Old Nov 8, 2016, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by wijibintheair
EF prices haven't changed (yet).
Old Nov 8, 2016, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just called AA RTW desk. "We're no longer booking those tickets, sir." "You're no longer booking OneWorld Explorer tickets?" "We're still booking them; but we're no longer booking those tickets with departures from Egypt."

There you have it.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow, I can get to Cairo easily. May I ask you guys that are expert at this, as I have never considered doing this. Within the rules, what would be the best way to absolutely maximize the amount of BA Tier points that I can earn (DONE4), the only places I would have to be on the itinerary would be NY and HKG.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 5:27 pm

Hmm, made a booking through the tool earlier, flights shown as confirmed in checkmytrip but payment wasn't taken online, instead said they will call to take payment, is that normal?
Old Nov 8, 2016, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Online tool doesn't seem to accept ex-CAI itins now. Tried DONE3 and DONE4. At least I got one itin in and ticketed.

Edited to add: Yeah, online tool is definitely shut down. Just tried a very simple CAI-LHR-HKG-BOS-DOH with two days in each city. It produced an error.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 8:34 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
When I booked, the RTW desk explicitly stated I would need to call back to pay (which I have now done - waiting for ticketed email)

When JNB was repriced the actual cost level for the LONEx tickets was rather less affected. Hopefully that will be the same for CAI as I missed the second try.

Happy wandering
Fred

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.