Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

How can I use QF FF points to book MH?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2016, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF

I am trying to use QF FF points classic rewards to fly ADL-MNl return, using the QF web site they show many one world airlines CX, EK and QR but never MH

Is there any way to book MH using QF FF points?
Old Oct 22, 2016, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to FT

With QF awards you a need to cross check a cash fare on a ranges of airlines to see it is value. QF has high award surcharges.
There may not be award availability. When do you want to fly? What class?
Or MH may not show up on the QF web site. You may need to phone QF

Try looking for ADL-KUL, KUL-MNL, MNL-KUL and KUL-ADL each separately. And on different days
What is wrong using CX? As a guess EK & QR are via DXB/DOH, unless you are being offered a segment to Asia
Or CX ADL HKG award and then a paid air fare HKG-MNL-HKG

(I will ask for this to be moved to the QF forum)

Edit:
Some old (2013) QF forum threads (please do not reply to these)
Looks like MH does not show on QF (in 2013). So phone
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...redeem-mh.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...ooking-mh.html

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Oct 22, 2016 at 10:03 pm
Old Oct 22, 2016, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF
Thanks for the reply

I want to fly business class in January

CX goes over MNL to HKG so further and more points QF and MH are around 60,000 points ADL-MNL and CX is 78,000 points

I was thinking they may be a one world website where one can book flight but I guess not. I will call QF if I can't find any other way just didn't want to spend the extra points for something I should be able to do myself

Last edited by John Abel; Oct 22, 2016 at 10:30 pm
Old Oct 22, 2016, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Business class and January make it hard. If early January or near end of January harder again (school & university holidays)

The reason for checking each segment is to check availability. Then phone to QF to put together as a one way awards. No advantage booking as a return award. QF fly SYD MNL 5 days a week,

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Oct 22, 2016 at 11:12 pm
Old Oct 23, 2016, 12:29 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by John Abel
I am trying to use QF FF points classic rewards to fly ADL-MNl return, using the QF web site they show many one world airlines CX, EK and QR but never MH

Is there any way to book MH using QF FF points?
MH does not fly ADL-MNL, only connecting via KUL. I suggest you search look for individual segments (ADL-KUL and KUL-MNL) using BA.com for example to search for award flights if its not shown on the Qantas website.

Originally Posted by John Abel
Thanks for the reply

I want to fly business class in January

CX goes over MNL to HKG so further and more points QF and MH are around 60,000 points ADL-MNL and CX is 78,000 points

I was thinking they may be a one world website where one can book flight but I guess not. I will call QF if I can't find any other way just didn't want to spend the extra points for something I should be able to do myself
To use Qantas points you need to book through Qantas, either on the website if the availability shows or by calling.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 4:41 am

i've never seen MH award seats show up on QFff. Unlike QR,CX,BA,AA,RJ,IB etc.that regularly do. You would need to call them check availability and to book.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 2:44 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
You need to call QFF to get seats on MH - they don't show online on the QF site

[This thread should also be moved to the QF forum]
Old Oct 24, 2016, 7:34 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by moa999
[This thread should also be moved to the QF forum]
Yep.

Gardyloo
Oneworld moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.