Search

Is MH really so bad compared to QF and QR

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2016, 3:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Is MH really so bad compared to QF and QR

Had an award ticket all sorted:

AMS - HKG - MEL on CX in J and return SYD - DXB - LHR on QF in J.

Now....the friend I am going to see is going to be away when I am due to be there (my fault for not checking and trying to "surprise"!!). Need to change dates.

At this stage, the only return option without doing a SYD - SIN - HEL - LHR flight is MH - SYD - KUL - LHR. The SYD - KUL on the new A330 J and then KUL - LHR on the A380.

Any thoughts from those who have flown MH compared to QF - is it really a downgrade or is it a decent enough product long-haul J?

The other option is QR, but it does involve a 12 hour layover in DOH. I normally really enjoy QR, just the 12 hour layover that is a bit off-putting. At least it is in winter so I can go into the city without melting.

Any advice appreciated.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 11:11 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by wijibintheair
At this stage, the only return option without doing a SYD - SIN - HEL - LHR flight is MH - SYD - KUL - LHR. The SYD - KUL on the new A330 J and then KUL - LHR on the A380.
I haven't flown new MH J, but they are Vantage alternate 1-2-1 and 1-2-2 seating (similar to OS/LX/EI/AA767). MH 380 J is 2-2-2 on the upper deck which I find it slightly better than QF 380/747 J.

SYD-SIN-HEL-LHR isn't a bad option - 1-2-1 all the way to HEL and if you are lucky, even 1-2-1 HEL-LHR on the 350. I love QF 333 J and if AY 350 J is similar to QR, then it's better than MH.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 1:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I would take MH in business class to KUL from Australia over Qantas to Singapore. The new seating is nice ; take one of the single K seats and it is excellent
Old Oct 2, 2016, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Thanks for the responses - I have gone with MH as I really did not feel like 3 different flights, even though I do like AY.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.