Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting in DUB

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2016, 10:24 pm
Original Poster

Connecting in DUB

I have a connection coming up in DUB and I'm starting to worry I haven't left enough time. I'm going BA LCY>DUB, arriving 8.10, and then leaving on AA to PHL at 9.55. Assuming I can get my bag checked through at LCY it should be fine, but if I have to collect and recheck I'm worried this is too short.

Anyone have any experience of checking through bags on different tickets since the rules changed? Has anyone done a similar connection at DUB? Thanks!
Old Sep 17, 2016, 11:39 pm

Programs: OW Emerald
Originally Posted by NathanM
I have a connection coming up in DUB and I'm starting to worry I haven't left enough time. I'm going BA LCY>DUB, arriving 8.10, and then leaving on AA to PHL at 9.55. Assuming I can get my bag checked through at LCY it should be fine, but if I have to collect and recheck I'm worried this is too short.

Anyone have any experience of checking through bags on different tickets since the rules changed? Has anyone done a similar connection at DUB? Thanks!
If on two PNRs then it would be BA policy not to check your bag through, and you should expect to collect and re-check. However, you would need to clear US immigration in Dublin anyway.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 11:46 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
If you didn't have US preclearance to go through this wouldn't be too bad but with that I think your changes are slim to none.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 11:52 pm

Programs: OW Emerald
Originally Posted by Yoshi212
If you didn't have US preclearance to go through this wouldn't be too bad but with that I think your changes are slim to none.
The check-in cutoff for AA at DUB is 75 minutes, or 08:40 for a 09:55 departure. This allows for immigration. This would allow 30 minutes to claim bags, change terminals, and check in, which is risky.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 12:10 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by NathanM
On separate tickets you are not connecting, and BA policy is now not to check luggage through on separate tickets so expect to collect your luggage and recheck.

The time looks too short, especially departing from LCY with risks of delays due to weather/fog.

Also note AA operates from T2 and BA from T1 at DUB.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 12:20 am
Original Poster

thanks everyone! I've amended my flights to arrive in DUB the night before :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.