Wiki Posts
Search

Should I switch? QFF to AAdvantage?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2016, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas
Should I switch? QFF to AAdvantage?

Long story short. Am Qantas Life time gold (OW sapphire) and platinum(OW Emerald). Have just renewed QFF platinum and am about to take an AA tickets F trip - SYD-LAX-DCA-BOS-DFW-SYD and am thinking that an AA challenge may get me a long way with that trip. Majority of travel is with QF domestically and across Asia in Y.

Does the brains trust think I am better off moving to AA or stay with QFF? This flight alone would give me 870 QFF status credits (platinum renewal is 1200).

As always your thoughts are appreciated...
Old Sep 12, 2016, 7:07 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
I've shifted this thread to the oneworld forum as this is the best place to compare oneworld frequent flyer programmes. It may get moved into a consolidated thread further down the line. Good luck with your decision!

~Microwave
AAdvantage forum co-moderator
Old Sep 12, 2016, 8:10 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by Colster
Long story short. Am Qantas Life time gold (OW sapphire) and platinum(OW Emerald). Have just renewed QFF platinum and am about to take an AA tickets F trip - SYD-LAX-DCA-BOS-DFW-SYD and am thinking that an AA challenge may get me a long way with that trip. Majority of travel is with QF domestically and across Asia in Y.

Does the brains trust think I am better off moving to AA or stay with QFF? This flight alone would give me 870 QFF status credits (platinum renewal is 1200).

As always your thoughts are appreciated...
You would qualify for AA Platinum (OW Sapphire) with this trip, which would be good through January 2018, but you likely wouldn't be able to renew since AA has gone to a revenue-based system. AA Plat wouldn't give you any more perks than you already have with your QFF status so aside from some redeemable miles (not very many considering your trip) I don't know that I'd pay the signup fee for the challenge. Granted QFF isn't the most generous of FFPs, but AA has devalued its own program pretty severely this year.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas
Thanks for your response!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.