Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

Checking baggage through two separate tickets? -- one award and one paid

Old Sep 4, 2016, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Hi, I have an upcoming itinerary that's broken down into two main segments (mostly due to constraints with award redemption):
Award
IND-LGA (AA); JFK-AUH (EY); AUH-DOH (QR)
Paid
DOH-CMB-MAA (UL -- Sri Lankan)

I came across some posting about potentially linking the PNRs at the check-in counter. And that having a non-alliance partner complicates things. But I'm wondering if anyone have an idea if there's a possibility to get my bag checked from IND (or JFK) through to MAA?

Thanks!
Old Sep 4, 2016, 1:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
If you're asking whether you can check bags from IND to MAA then I think, sadly, that in the new "enhanced" oneworld regime your chances are as close to zero as makes no difference!

DOH-MAA should be doable.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 10:56 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
AFAIK there is no way to "link PNRs" other than to annotate them with TCP notes, etc. and in today's "it's not quite oneworld" environment AFAIK only MH would through check baggage on separate oneworld PNRs (and that could change anytime). The chances of AA checking your baggage through to MAA is not high at all.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys for your replies.

I'm wondering, and this probably is my ignorance -- since I'm flying out of JFK on EY, as a part of AA award. And my separate paid itinerary is with Sri Lankan (a EY partner), would EY (instead of AA) by any chance allow me to check the bag through?

I ask that because I will have an overnight layover in NYC, so I will need to check-in again with EY the next day.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.