Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WARNING - ex-MPM Prices are moving!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2016, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Exclamation WARNING - ex-MPM Prices are moving!!

Just looking at Oneworld prices ex-MPM

BA is now showing a DONE6 at a base fare of MZN495,000
AA is still showing it as MZN225,000

Looks like this party may be coming to an end
Get in quick if you're procrastinating

Edited to add:
In EF, the filing date of BA's new fares is 02AUG16

Last edited by pandaperth; Aug 1, 2016 at 12:54 pm
Old Aug 1, 2016, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

In EF, BA's new fares are:

DONE4 MZN357,060 (up from MZN162,300)
DONE5 MZN407,000 (up from MZN185,000)
DONE6 MZN495,000 (up from MZN225,000)

AONE4 MZN581,900 (up from MZN264,500)
AONE5 MZN669,900 (up from MZN304,500)
AONE6 MZN803,000 (up from MZN365,000)

Note: the "up from" base fares are what is showing in EF right now for AA fares ex-MPM
The new fares are more than double the old fares

However, given the way the MZN is falling against 'hard' currencies, maybe we all just have to wait little while until these new fares come back to what the previous fares were in USD terms
But, then again we know of currencies where Oneworld abandoned use of the local currency and started quoting fares in USD only.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 1:17 pm

If you are not ticketed NOW, you will have to pay the new rates. Agent T mentioned in the other posts stated that as of 11 am CDT, the new rates applied. I had a quote yesterday, but did not ticket it since I was informed it was OK for a few days. Oh well, I have my backup DONE4 ex-JNB.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 1:24 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by headinclouds
If you are not ticketed NOW, you will have to pay the new rates. Agent T mentioned in the other posts stated that as of 11 am CDT, the new rates applied. I had a quote yesterday, but did not ticket it since I was informed it was OK for a few days. Oh well, I have my backup DONE4 ex-JNB.
I just called to pay for mine. I'll see what happens.

EDIT: That was quick
Issued: Monday, August 1, 2016

Old Aug 1, 2016, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

I am waiting to see what happens with my ex-MPM DONE6. It was priced last week and I phoned AA's Sydney office on Friday and provided my credit card details. But it has not yet been ticketed and my credit card has not been charged.

In my opinion a delay by AA is doing its ticketing should not result in me being penalised by being charged the new fare.
Does anyone have experience of being in this situation, and if so what was the outcome for you?

headinclouds I think the quote you got would have words to effect "Ticket by mmm-dd", so perhaps you could be in the same situation as me.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by pandaperth
I am waiting to see what happens with my ex-MPM DONE6. It was priced last week and I phoned AA's Sydney office on Friday and provided my credit card details. But it has not yet been ticketed and my credit card has not been charged.

In my opinion a delay by AA is doing its ticketing should not result in me being penalised by being charged the new fare.
Does anyone have experience of being in this situation, and if so what was the outcome for you?

headinclouds I think the quote you got would have words to effect "Ticket by mmm-dd", so perhaps you could be in the same situation as me.
I canceled the ticket because the agent said it had to be rerated and that the quote was no longer valid. AA.com said it was on hold until Aug 8. Looks like I was too hasty. I may have gotten the hold price. Bad agent I guess.
You may be OK since AA already had the CC details. I had not given any CC info.

Last edited by headinclouds; Aug 1, 2016 at 1:49 pm
Old Aug 1, 2016, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by skunker
I just called to pay for mine. I'll see what happens.

EDIT: That was quick
When you paid, were you told the previously quoted price?
Old Aug 1, 2016, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
I just called and paid for my AONE4 that I booked yesterday. At that time the agent expected it not to be rated by fares until late today. aa.com showed a price (based upon the old fares) and said it was on hold, so called a few moments ago and provided payment at the price it was rated (based on old fares). Agent did not mention any potential price increases. It is now showing on request (which is normal) on aa.com.

Edited to add: About 10 minutes later and it is now ticketed at the price I expected (based upon the fares from yesterday).

Last edited by jerry a. laska; Aug 1, 2016 at 2:01 pm
Old Aug 1, 2016, 2:02 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
When you paid, were you told the previously quoted price?
Yes. I just called, gave my PNR and he said "let me see if it's back with a fare." He quoted the price that was on AA.com since Friday, took my CC info, and told me to have fun in Mozambique.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
I just called and paid for my AONE4 that I booked yesterday. At that time the agent expected it not to be rated by fares until late today. aa.com showed a price (based upon the old fares) and said it was on hold, so called a few moments ago and provided payment at the price it was rated (based on old fares). Agent did not mention any potential price increases. It is now showing on request (which is normal) on aa.com.

Edited to add: About 10 minutes later and it is now ticketed at the price I expected (based upon the fares from yesterday).
I should have ticketed first and dealt with the consequences later. No way to recover a canceled reservation. ARGH !!! Time to drown my sorrows in a few brews...
Old Aug 1, 2016, 2:37 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
try to buy one more from cx on monday. due to typhoon, agents are too busy due to rebooking... oh well.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 5:50 pm

Programs: QFF
They must have done this shortly after I checked yesterday after work (around late morning UTC Aug 1).
Old Aug 1, 2016, 7:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT, AS MVP Gold
It seems that also exWDH xONEx fares are rising now.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 9:07 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Someone in oneworld HQ reads FT
Old Aug 1, 2016, 9:50 pm

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by moa999
Someone in oneworld HQ reads FT
Doesn't have to be someone at OW HQ in NY. Could be any agent who passed up questions about the fares. Someone quoted a comment from the AA desk asking about FT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.