Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld booking and pricing experiences

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2016, 8:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ajnaro
Something strange here -- I just looked at oneworld rtw MPM fares on expertflyer.com (8.55pm, NY time), and I got US$ 2722.83 for DONE5. This actually nearly the same as I paid on July 11th. Maybe my connection to experflyer.com is faulty?
Definitely wouldn't be your connection to EF, would be their connection onward, and must have been intermittent while updating type thing.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by skunker
If you notice the fares I posted were after your call. It will depend on when they price it. Watch the itinerary on AA.com and it will give you your price before you call. Good luck!
That's what I'm worried about. I finished up with the agent at 4 and called back at 4:50 (10 minutes before they closed) and it hadn't been priced yet.She said call back tomorrow.

Watch the itinerary on AA.com and it will give you your price before you call.
I booked it using my BA FF account. I can see that about 75% of my flights were booked at 25% of my husbands. Ill look tomorrow to see if it will show me the fare.

Good luck!
Thanks!!
Old Aug 1, 2016, 8:53 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by SDandi
That's what I'm worried about. I finished up with the agent at 4 and called back at 4:50 (10 minutes before they closed) and it hadn't been priced yet.She said call back tomorrow.

I booked it using my BA FF account. I can see that about 75% of my flights were booked at 25% of my husbands. Ill look tomorrow to see if it will show me the fare.

Thanks!!
Did you make the booking with AA or BA? The FF account doesn't matter, just the airline PNR. If it was AA then use the PNR they gave you (or look it up) and check AA.com
Old Aug 1, 2016, 9:23 pm

Did you make the booking with AA or BA? The FF account doesn't matter, just the airline PNR. If it was AA then use the PNR they gave you (or look it up) and check AA.com
Excellent point! My brain is fried! Thank you!
Old Aug 1, 2016, 9:28 pm

Passenger x 1

$5,261.00

Taxes
$330.26

Carrier-imposed fees
$510.30

Total (all passengers)
$6,101.56

And there you have it. I started a new ticket because the agent told me that the fare had not gone up. So, now we have no tickets.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 9:46 pm

Passenger x 1

$5,261.00

Taxes
$330.26

Carrier-imposed fees
$510.30

Total (all passengers)
$6,101.56

And there you have it. I started a new ticket because the agent told me that the fare had not gone up. So, now we have no tickets.
Sorry about that. Most of the time the advice given on FT is better than the advice given by the airline/hotel/etc. Remember that you could have changed the routing and dates after ticketing for $125.

On to the next deal.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 10:13 pm

Sorry about that. Most of the time the advice given on FT is better than the advice given by the airline/hotel/etc. Remember that you could have changed the routing and dates after ticketing for $125.

On to the next deal.
I really trusted Kathy at the AA RTW desk...and she broke my heart.
With all the changes I was making she suggested I start from the beginning and then she confirmed the rate was the same so I went with it. The real kicker is that the CDG-DOH-SEZ route at the end was accepted.

For all who have purchased these RTW tickets before, where does $6100 fall on the scale of good deals? Particularly when you plan on traveling to two of the places on your itinerary anyway and you were already going to be in Africa (for a previously arranged trip) at the start of your RTW.

And, someone mentioned that these are similar to South Africa RTW prices. How similar are they?
Old Aug 1, 2016, 10:35 pm

I posted the fares for WDH which are now equal to South Africa. Your fare is still cheaper and until recently would have been considered a fairly good deal. Check CAI though.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 10:43 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite, AS MVP Gold 75K, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I posted the fares for WDH which are now equal to South Africa. Your fare is still cheaper and until recently would have been considered a fairly good deal. Check CAI though.
While it sucks, I would agree with this sentiment. There is a lot of merit in booking even with the current deals. These are still some of the best prices on the market. To put it in perspective, a BA I class fare on some random dates in November is going for $4639 RT just from JNB-ORD. The reverse is $6345. There was no way those fares in the $2K range would last. And I say this sadly, too, because I missed my chance on this one, not thinking change would come so soon...
Old Aug 1, 2016, 11:05 pm

Good to know! Just checking because we will already be in JNB. I'm kicking myself...

While it sucks, I would agree with this sentiment. There is a lot of merit in booking even with the current deals. These are still some of the best prices on the market. To put it in perspective, a BA I class fare on some random dates in November is going for $4639 RT just from JNB-ORD. The reverse is $6345. There was no way those fares in the $2K range would last.
Thank you. That helps. I am trying to be reasonable about this. Seychelles are included in this itinerary and we were planning on going there next summer/fall. RT LAX-SEZ in R is $8200.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 11:18 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
For all who have purchased these RTW tickets before, where does $6100 fall on the scale of good deals? Particularly when you plan on traveling to two of the places on your itinerary anyway and you were already going to be in Africa (for a previously arranged trip) at the start of your RTW.

And, someone mentioned that these are similar to South Africa RTW prices. How similar are they?
IMHO $6100 falls into the "Very Good Deal" category. Last year I happily paid about that for an ex-South Africa DONE5 all-in price

The ex-MPM fares fell into the "Excellent Deal" category. IIRC the only other deal to fall into that category was the ex-Sudan fares back in 2012 (I snagged one of them too)
I've heard there was an excellent ex-Mauritius fare some time back too, but that was before my time here.

I'm sorry you missed out at the last minute SDandi. You were late to the party, but learnt really fast and seemed good to go. I especially liked your finish of CDG-xDOH-SEZ as your way of getting back to Africa. (I visited SEZ on my way to KRT to start my ex-KRT DONE4 in 2013 - so I've ticked that place off my list already)
Old Aug 2, 2016, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by pandaperth
I've heard there was an excellent ex-Mauritius fare some time back too, but that was before my time here.
Indeed, that is true. What's more, the BA office there misinterpreted the rules so we all got tickets with a routing to which we were not entitled.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 1:30 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Indeed, that is true. What's more, the BA office there misinterpreted the rules so we all got tickets with a routing to which we were not entitled.
Misinterpreted - in our favour! How wonderful.
What was the misinterpretation and what were the fares like back then?
Old Aug 2, 2016, 4:28 am

Programs: s7 priority
Hi! Can you check my route (Global explore fare)
DME (Russia)-MAD
MAD-PTY
PTY-MGA (surface)
MGA-MIA (stopover)
MIA-UIO (stopover)
UIO-GPS
GPS-GYE (stopover)
GYE-LIM
LIM-SCL
SCL-IPC
IPC-SCL(stopover)
SCL-SYD
SYD-BKK
BKK-NRT (stopover)
NRT-KHV (Russia).

Two airlines said me, that I should come back to DME (Moscow, Russia).
But in rules

D. Travel may originate at any point for which fares are published and must terminate at the same point, except that origin-destination surface segments are permitted as follows:
(a) within country of origin
Old Aug 2, 2016, 4:38 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by Olga Kulikova
Two airlines said me, that I should come back to DME (Moscow, Russia).
But in rules

D. Travel may originate at any point for which fares are published and must terminate at the same point, except that origin-destination surface segments are permitted as follows:
(a) within country of origin
There are parts of the rules which treat Russia east of the Urals (asia) differently to Russia west of the Urals (europe). Moscow is west and Khabarovsk is east.

That shouldn't have any impact on this rule, but some airlines might claim otherwise.

The routing looks fine. You have flights left over. Any reason you can't add on a KHV-OVB-DME at the end?

Last edited by Himeno; Aug 2, 2016 at 4:46 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.