Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas lounge family policy flying oneworld

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2016, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Qantas lounge family policy flying oneworld

Flying Syd-Sin-Lhr return on BA later in the year. QFF LTG member. Can I access the QF J lounges in SYD and SIN with my wife as guest and 2 kids under the QF family lounge access policy ? Somewhat unclear on the website. What about at LHR ? Will BA allow the children a BA lounge and not count them as a guest. Thanks
Old May 3, 2016, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Trevor28
Flying Syd-Sin-Lhr return on BA later in the year. QFF LTG member. Can I access the QF J lounges in SYD and SIN with my wife as guest and 2 kids under the QF family lounge access policy ? Somewhat unclear on the website. What about at LHR ? Will BA allow the children a BA lounge and not count them as a guest. Thanks
Regarding access to the QF lounges you should probably check on the QF forum as to whether you can obtain access by showing your QF card and avail yourself of a specific QF policy allowing your entire family access. You are not entitled to access for three guests under oneworld rules.

If you are not flying in Club World or First on BA and only obtaining access based upon your Oneworld Sapphire status then you are only allowed one guest. BA doesn't include infants (under 2) as a guest, if your children are older than two you will have three guests. BA strictly enforces the guest limts even with regard to children.
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access
Old May 3, 2016, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To me is very clear here http://www.qantas.com/travel/airline...cess/global/en
How old are the kids?
Old May 3, 2016, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

5 & 6
Old May 3, 2016, 8:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
To me is very clear here http://www.qantas.com/travel/airline...cess/global/en
How old are the kids?
I agree that the 2 children 4 to 17 years pf age are likely to be admitted , the webpage isn't actually conclusive since it states it refers to access as a Qantas Club member and also starts with the proviso

"Each time you travel on a Qantas or Jetstar flight number you will have access to:"

It isn't clear from the page that this will apply when travelling on a BA flight, though I would be surprised if it doesn't
Old May 4, 2016, 3:51 am

Programs: QF GA NZ WN. Accor+ Bonvoy IHC
Originally Posted by Trevor28
What is a QFF LTG member please?

BTW, in my experience, in Aus QF is very strict on any policy at peak hour, less so outiside peak. Remember on domestic flights, we have very (VERY) strict dress codes in QF lounges and they WILL turn you away if you don't meet them at any time of day. International is weirdly not a problem
Old May 4, 2016, 5:25 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by BSBtraveller
What is a QFF LTG member please?
LTG = Liftetime Gold.
Effectively no different to any other Qantas Gold/oneworld Sapphire

I too suspect the OP will be ok at the Qantas lounges, not not at LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.