Search

HKG CX First Lounge Access with family

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2016, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP, LTG
HKG CX First Lounge Access with family

Hi all,
I was wondering whether anyone has experience in accessing the CX 1st lounge in HKG with young children? By OW rules, a OWE can only guest 1 person but some airlines (e.g. QF) provide some leniency for children subject to lounge capacity.
Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 5:21 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
depends who u fly with. If you're flying QF, then you will be treated as QF WP, if you re flying Cx, then you will be treated as owe.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Sorry Ausriver, could you clarify your response? I am flying with QF, but I wouldn't have thought a CX lounge would apply QF access policy?

Qantas Child Access Guide
Customers under the legal drinking age must be accompanied by an adult in any Qantas operated lounge. Legal drinking age may vary in different jurisdictions and countries.

Qantas owned and operated lounge
0-3 years Not counted as a child guest
4 to 17 years 2 not counted as guest

American Airlines owned lounge
Under 18 years All children are counted towards guest numbers

Emirates lounge
All children are counted towards guest numbers

Associated Lounge varies** varies*
~ Except for the oneworld lounge at Tom Bradley International Terminal, where Qantas members are allowed two children up to 18 years of age.
** The child policy in Associated lounges varies according to the particular port and airline operating the lounge.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
If there is no QF lounge, it's easy, QF will issue u with the lounge pass with 1 adult guest & 2 child guests.

However, since there is an QF lounge, then you can only get into the Cx lounge according to ow rule. I have taken one extra child into lounge and Cx didn't have a problem with that.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

As a data point for anyone in the future, access was not granted when attempting to enter with family. The OW rules of one guest were quoted, and the children were not exempted from this.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:49 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by TheInvisibleHand
As a data point for anyone in the future, access was not granted when attempting to enter with family. The OW rules of one guest were quoted, and the children were not exempted from this.
The CX F lounge is very over-crowded most of the time these days, hence CX has become considerably stricter on access. The QF lounge is nicer in some ways than the CX F lounges now as less crowded and much improved; of course things like cabanas are only in the CX F lounge but those aren't family friendly. Your WP benefit gives family access, yet another QFF advantage over some other OW programs.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 12:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, FB Gold
Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I have a related question - I am OWE (with BA) and am traveling with wife and two teenage boys. Does the up-to-two-children policy extend for OWE when trying to access the Quantas lounge? Specific situations: first, domestic flight in Y. Second, connecting in SYD International, coming off a QF flight in J and connecting to BA in J. I know that in the second case we can use the J Lounge, but any chance they would let us into the F Lounge? Thanks
Old Jul 26, 2016, 4:23 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
J lounge it is -- for F lounge 1 guest allowed, no exceptions (or rather needing much more than BA Gold status). Why isn't your wife OWE??? Then no problem.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 4:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, FB Gold
Originally Posted by number_6
Why isn't your wife OWE??? Then no problem.
Because she keeps traveling with my avios....

Thanks for advice.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA Now dirt, BA Silver soon dirt EX NW IGE. EX BA Gold EX AA EXP x9. SQ Gold
Originally Posted by number_6
The CX F lounge is very over-crowded most of the time these days, hence CX has become considerably stricter on access. The QF lounge is nicer in some ways than the CX F lounges now as less crowded and much improved; of course things like cabanas are only in the CX F lounge but those aren't family friendly. Your WP benefit gives family access, yet another QFF advantage over some other OW programs.
The CX First Class lounge will turn away "guests" if the lounge is full. And as noted above this is often.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP
As an other data point I have been let in multiple times with wife and a under 2 year old to both wing and pier F. I am AA exp flying business on CX/AY on all occasions. Baby and wife are AA Plat (ow sapphire) if it makes any difference.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by TheInvisibleHand
Hi all,
I was wondering whether anyone has experience in accessing the CX 1st lounge in HKG with young children? By OW rules, a OWE can only guest 1 person but some airlines (e.g. QF) provide some leniency for children subject to lounge capacity.
Thanks in advance.
I have a close colleague, who overtime when we do lunch, tells me the story over and over again...

He, his wife and his two young children flew Cathay F class on points. They all, subsequently, had access because they were ticketed F pax. ^

EDIT: My close colleague does not have status with any alliance, if that helps.

Last edited by GlobalMatt; Aug 1, 2016 at 6:48 pm Reason: EDIT: My close colleague does not have status with any alliance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.