Reload this Page >

Best Lounge in NRT (Tokyo)?

Old Mar 12, 2016, 2:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: LifeMiles, AA, SQ

Hi All,

Flying JAL First Class from NRT - SYD soon, and I have a pick of lounges - however I'm not sure which one to go to.

There's obviously 5 lounges to pick from, and I hoped people had an idea what is considered the best of the lot right now, thanks!
Old Mar 12, 2016, 3:15 am

Programs: QFF
In general, when at a hub airport, use that airlines lounge - it is generally the best one.

ie, go to the JAL F lounge.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 5:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
If you're only allowing time for one then agree, JAL F lounge is pretty decent. Not sure who else has an F lounge here, I've only done OneWorld F from HND, so JL was the only real choice there at the time.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!

JL F and don't bother with any of the others. It also is the only F lounge I'm aware of in Terminal 2.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
JL F and don't bother with any of the others. It also is the only F lounge I'm aware of in Terminal 2.
I thought Cathay also had one, maybe I'm mistaken?
Old Mar 13, 2016, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jcooldude
I thought Cathay also had one, maybe I'm mistaken?
Cathay brands it as a "First and Business Lounge". But it is effectively a business class lounge. I'm guessing the branding indicates that it is their lounge for first class and business class passengers, but not necessarily any reflection on the lounge itself. The JL F lounge is definitely better than it.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 12:01 am
Original Poster

Done & Done, cheers guys!
Old Mar 14, 2016, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jcooldude
Done & Done, cheers guys!
In the "damning with faint praise" category, the NRT Admirals Club is probably the nicest Admirals Club in the AA system. Of course, it still isn't anywhere near as good as the JL F lounge . I had a 3-4 hour NRT layover once as a OWE way back in 2012 when I was, so I went to the AA AC, the CX lounge, and the JL F lounge. When I went back through a couple of years ago, I beelined straight for the JL F lounge. That's all you need to know . Enjoy your trip!
Old Mar 14, 2016, 5:25 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
If freshly made sushi is important (it is..), then the guys making it in the JL F lounge don't release it until late afternoon. You can look at it being made as much as you like, but they won't put it out for consumption until the designated time.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 8:43 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Question Lounge recommendations

I'm Oneworld Sapphire and will be flying Economy/Premium Economy soon, any recommendations for lounges at each airport?

TPE-NRT-JFK-DCA-BOS-NRT-TPE

I'm looking at the following:

TPE T2 - CX Lounge
NRT T2 - JL Sakura Lounge
JFK T8 - AA Admirals Club
DCA B - AA Admirals Club
BOS E - BA Terraces Lounge
Old Apr 14, 2016, 1:12 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Originally Posted by og
If freshly made sushi is important (it is..), then the guys making it in the JL F lounge don't release it until late afternoon. You can look at it being made as much as you like, but they won't put it out for consumption until the designated time.
Unless this is a really recent change, that's not true. I had freshly made sushi for breakfast in November. They were making it and putting it out immediately and could barely keep up with demand.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 8:05 pm

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by lcpteck
I'm Oneworld Sapphire and will be flying Economy/Premium Economy soon, any recommendations for lounges at each airport?

TPE-NRT-JFK-DCA-BOS-NRT-TPE

I'm looking at the following:

TPE T2 - CX Lounge
NRT T2 - JL Sakura Lounge
JFK T8 - AA Admirals Club
DCA B - AA Admirals Club
BOS E - BA Terraces Lounge
Given the airports and your status, I think those are your only options, except at NRT where the JL lounge is the better option anyway.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 9:02 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by Himeno
Given the airports and your status, I think those are your only options, except at NRT where the JL lounge is the better option anyway.
^
Old Apr 20, 2016, 6:48 pm

Programs: qantas platinum (OWE), hyatt platinum, hertz gold
Not my experience

I was in the lounge 2 days ago. The guys making the sushi were handing it out on individual plates at 9:30 am. Top class tuna, it was excellent.

Originally Posted by og
Old Aug 11, 2017, 10:17 am

I have no status, but am flying J on JAL from NRT-BOS next year. What's my best lounge option at NRT? I assume I can't get into the F lounge that people have been talking about here. Is there a J lounge?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.