Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

Another DONEx originating CPT query

Another DONEx originating CPT query

Old Jul 11, 2016, 12:50 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
aa invokes the 4.h. rule on my sister pnr..she said it is not possible to argue.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
Maybe, but it wouldn't surprise me if they keyed in on the AA Record Locator as they probably don't have access to partner ticket numbers.
I was under the impression that all operating carriers for an itinerary are privy to the ticket number for that itinerary.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 10:31 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Every oneworld member can display any e-ticket issued by any oneworld member, even if they're not on the itinerary. S7 can pull up your domestic AA etkt if for some reason they/you really wanted them to. Awards, IT/BT, whatever - all etkts are visible to all airlines (unless something corrupts the etkt record, like an Amadeus etkt containing with a colon [:] in the fare basis field - Sabre can't process that, but then the : shouldn't be used anyway).

Once the etkt is displayed, the oneworld member of your choice can then exchange it, again, even if they're not even 'supposed' to. No limitations on invol reissues but policy restrictions for voluntary changes on certain ticket types, and by fare rules for other types.

Each airline sets its own policy on what they won't do with another member's etkt - most won't apply mileage upgrades, certificates, etc. Some restrictions are as good as a can't do it, even if it's technically possible to do it wrongly.

Source - experience, internal oneworld ticketing agreement
Old Jul 12, 2016, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by pbd456
suppose i issue a rtw ex mpm on aa with 001 ticket.
the ticket has 3 aa segments and 13 non aa segments.
and fly for 60000 miles. the 3 aa segments are short in usa
does the cap 75000 rdm per ticket applies?
with class of service and elite bonus.
the partner portion is supposed to earn almost 135000 miles under old scheme.
While nobody knows about this, an educated guess for this could be referenced to the "special fares" criteria. It just lists examples, but I presume xONEx fares may be part of this as well since ticket stock can change one airline to another after each validation/reissue (depending on the airline dealt with).

So, I am thinking that we'd still be earning based on flown miles on xONEx tickets and that EQDs will be calculated based on % mileage flown. I really am hoping this would be the case since I hold partly flown DONE4 ex-JNB and keeping ~30K EQM for next year. Time will tell, but I think we have some good examples to keep us a bit positive about this! If this is the case, then the value of DONEx tickets ex-SA or elsewhere would increase when crediting to AA, wouldn't it?
Old Jul 12, 2016, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by pandaperth
Nobody has reported success

My attempt last year failed - see the first post in this thread - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...cpt-done5.html
I finally ticketed with BA, but when I wanted to re-route my Europe/Middle East segments I ran into the same problem with them. I finally got that sorted - see posts in the linked thread from about October 2015 onwards.

Now that the relevant rule has been simplified we hopefully will not have these types of problems.
Would my DFW-DOH-CMN-DOH-MAD-JNB (ex-JNB, rest flown) qualify as an example, albeit the change was made by CX, actually before I had to get it reissued by AA for SWU upgrade to F.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 10:26 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by brahms77
Would my DFW-DOH-CMN-DOH-MAD-JNB (ex-JNB, rest flown) qualify as an example, albeit the change was made by CX, actually before I had to get it reissued by AA for SWU upgrade to F.
Maybe it qualifies... what was the first flight on the itinerary? If it was JNB-HKG or JNB-SYD then you are not backtracking through Europe/Middle East and so it does not qualify as an example of AA allowing backtracking with inter-zone segments. Also, if you purchased your ticket under the post April-2016 rules then it does not qualify, because the new rules impose no restrictions on inter-zone flights (although thois has told us AA is now misinterpreting those new rules - see post #274 upthread)

However if your first flight was JNB-DOH then it does qualify as an example, because I expect that AA checked the itinerary when it reissued the ticket for you. If this is the case, then well done^

(And for completeness, if your first flight was JNB-LHR, then your ticket wasn't valid in the first place!)
Old Jul 14, 2016, 6:05 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I was under the impression that all operating carriers for an itinerary are privy to the ticket number for that itinerary.
It looks like it is by ticket number as the new display under AAdvantage Activity lists the ticket number (last 4 digits) for my current CX issued AONE4.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EXP LTPlat
Time to credit to another FF program?

It looks like it is by ticket number as the new display under AAdvantage Activity lists the ticket number (last 4 digits) for my current CX issued AONE4.
How far into your trip are you aa? Do you plan to switch where you put your miles at 75K, if you are using AA as your FF program?
I was looking at my activity as well. My ticket was issued by BA, and for the segments flown by BA and QR, there is no ticket number, just the airline listed in the ticket number column. For the segments so far flown on AA, there are two ticket numbers; the first for the segments flown immediately after arriving back in US, and another for the DFW-ANC-DFW legs. The base miles and promo miles are listed separately for each leg. I'll be resuming the RTW ticket tomorrow and am anxious to see if yet another number is assigned or the ANC one sticks.

So far I have 61465 RDMs credited to my AA acount for the RTW trip. I fly SFO-JFK tomorrow, which will be getting close to 75K. Then in Sept I'll fly back to JFK where I'll resume the RTW. At that point I'll have to decide where to credit--it looks like different numbers, but will they credit me or not? I hate to call and ask, thus directing attention to an issue that may, or may not, slide by for others. But, again, maybe they never intended to include complex oneworld fares in the limitation.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by skipaway
How far into your trip are you aa? Do you plan to switch where you put your miles at 75K, if you are using AA as your FF program?
I'm only 3 segments into my trip which started in HND. I'm crediting my post Aug 1 AA flights and BA flights to BA in order to get BAEC Silver (OW Sapphire) by December (my membership year with them runs March-March). That way I'll go into my next membership year with BAEC Silver (Avios bonuses on BA and AA coded flights and US domestic lounge access) and on my way to BAEC Gold in 2017. I'll split my 2017 earnings between AA and BA with 75K RDMs going to AA and about 82K Avios.

FWIW, I'm AA LT Plat and buy domestic F most of the time (or F award) unless it's a really short flight. So the SWUs and higher up on domestic upgrade list aren't big sellers so I do not feel the need to go for EXP. I travel only 1-3 US domestic flights, so can't justify $450 for lounge access, so BAEC Silver/Gold will provide me the lounge access which is more of a plus, especially at IAD where there is no Admirals club but there is a BA lounge; F Lounges worldwide when traveling in J will be nice too.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 7:21 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by danger
The three agents I'm in contact with have said they will be in touch. The first of these, whom I contacted almost three weeks ago, I'm doubtful will produce anything. The other two sound more encouraging.

If and when I get something I'll post again.
I've posted an update in post eight, here.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by danger
I've posted an update in post eight, here.
Just book with AA RTW desk as I did for an ex-MPM AONE4 this past Friday. The rule change discussed over the past week in this thread, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...-sheet-24.html, means no more having to jump through hoops.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: EXP LTPlat
Just book with AA RTW desk as I did for an ex-MPM AONE4 this past Friday. The rule change discussed over the past week in this thread, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...-sheet-24.html, means no more having to jump through hoops.
Thanks, aaupgrade. I'm still not sure where to go with my earned redeemable miles >75K (lots to ponder), but I'm definitely booking another *ONE* from "north of Durban". My dilemma is whether to insert one of those 4K Etihad xMPM first class round trips in between ending this one in CPT and starting the new one. That would be quite an experience. And an incentive (one of the few left) to achieve EXP this year: I can redeposit my award miles for free!! Like, yeah, that really makes a dent in $4000, lol.
Incidentally, I should make LTPLT too, this trip. I think about 13K miles to go. Probably after the devaluations, the only value is sapphire lounge access abroad. My last flight DFW-SFO, AA159 Monday morning, had 50 names on the upgrade list.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 2:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Does anyone know the base fare for a DONE4 ex - that city north of Durban with the Portuguese influence? I have tried using the oneworld tool, and it allows me to choose the direct QR flight to DOH as a starter flight, but I am assuming that you still cannot get a quote with QR being the first carrier?? If that is the case - does anyone have the base fare? Thanks for any assistance.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 2:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
assuming you mean MPM then http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26953257-post1509.html
Old Jul 24, 2016, 2:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by christep
Thank you - that is exactly what I was looking for - much appreciated!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.