Reload this Page >

Another DONEx originating CPT query

Another DONEx originating CPT query

Old May 12, 2016, 7:08 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by MiamiPrep
I believe my Skype calls to 800 #'s are free. If I call AA or RTW desk 800 #'s there is no charge.
Much more expensive for my Skype calls to BA's South Africa number than previously to the AA RTW desk. Some of that was due to lengthy delays when the agent didn't know what to do and needed checking / coaching / instruction. Not easy and still unsolved issues.
Old May 20, 2016, 10:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by skipaway
I have not tried to add a South African address to my credit card, and I wonder if anyone has had success with that gambit yet.
I successfully paid exJNB DONE5 ticket to SA AA desk (Mindpearl) with European credit card this week. I changed the invoicing address of the credit card temporarily to SA before attempting the payment. The booking was made by the AA RTW desk.

In my experience, it seems not every credit card issuer would accept to change invoicing address temporarily to SA, but at least some issuers are willing to do it.
Old May 20, 2016, 9:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Unless things have changed recently, there is no way for the merchant to validate the address given when making a credit card purchase, except for US issued and addressed cards, and even then only the zipcode is validated. I have made multiple online purchases (of things other than air tickets though) by simply picking a random address (or even inventing one) in the country where the merchant wanted to see it.
Old May 22, 2016, 7:17 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by christep
Unless things have changed recently, there is no way for the merchant to validate the address given when making a credit card purchase, except for US issued and addressed cards, and even then only the zipcode is validated.
It probably depends on the level of Address Verification the merchant is attempting. With BA they verify several fields.

When I worked for LY in LON 13 years ago, and I was using a standalone credit card terminal to run cards, I had to enter the house number and numbers from the postcode along with the card info for the transaction. If the info was wrong, the transaction would either decline, or give an auth code with warning that the transaction was not protected by address verification.

Amadeus has a similar function built in. BA use it as well as a more detailed verification system. It works with cards of multiple nationalities.
Old May 22, 2016, 6:00 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by JAXBA

It probably depends on the level of Address Verification the merchant is attempting. With BA they verify several fields.
It matches my experience with BA Sweden.

Several years ago, I purchased ex-ARN DONE3 by online tool.
Then, I called BA ARN office for ticketing.
I told a friendly agent C/C info and my address info at Japan.
The agent was aware of address format, and I was told that sometimes address verification failed. Fortunately, no such event occured, and the ticket was succesfully issued.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 4:00 am

Fare Increase?

First time post, hi all...

Currently scheduling an ex-JNB DONEx, noticed today a possible increase in base DONEx fare ex-JNB through the online tool.

Just me, or have the powers just adjusted the base fare?
Old Jun 1, 2016, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by Off.Grid
First time post, hi all...

Currently scheduling an ex-JNB DONEx, noticed today a possible increase in base DONEx fare ex-JNB through the online tool.

Just me, or have the powers just adjusted the base fare?
Yep, the base fare appears to have gone up significantly (maybe as of 1 June). According to EF (which admittedly has its own issues when displaying RTW fares), the base price for an ex-JNB DONE4 was about ZAR58,940 last week; as of today, it's ZAR88410 -- a 50% increase!
Old Jun 1, 2016, 5:20 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I've checked EF twice in the past 30 minutes. The fares seem unchanged to me. A DONE4 ex-JNB is still pricing at ZAR58,940 and a DONE5 at ZAR67,880.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 5:26 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

And I've just priced a DONE5 ex-CPT that I've had in the planner for weeks. It's still pricing ZAR84,813.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by danger
I've checked EF twice in the past 30 minutes. The fares seem unchanged to me. A DONE4 ex-JNB is still pricing at ZAR58,940 and a DONE5 at ZAR67,880.
Which airline are you using to check? If you use AA, EF lists the DONE4 fare as ZAR58,940. If you use BA or CX, it's ZAR88,410.

(And to show you how messed up EF is, if you ask for the fare in $US, EF displays a DONE4 fare of $3,737 for AA, which is >$1,000 less than the actual exchange rate for of ZAR58,940.)

Looks to me that the fare is indeed changing. Difference in ZAR prices on EF might be because individual carriers haven't updated their data yet. If it were me, and if you can get a ticket at the old price, I'd get it written this instant.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 6:01 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by wideman
Which airline are you using to check? If you use AA, EF lists the DONE4 fare as ZAR58,940. If you use BA or CX, it's ZAR88,410.

(And to show you how messed up EF is, if you ask for the fare in $US, EF displays a DONE4 fare of $3,737 for AA, which is >$1,000 less than the actual exchange rate for of ZAR58,940.)

Looks to me that the fare is indeed changing. Difference in ZAR prices on EF might be because individual carriers haven't updated their data yet. If it were me, and if you can get a ticket at the old price, I'd get it written this instant.
The airlines I was searching were AA, QR and BA. In that search BA still shows as unchanged. If I search for just BA by itself I do indeed get a DONE4 at ZAR88,410. I see what you mean about EF being not exactly what it should be.

If the increases are true, which they certainly appear to be, this would be an astronomical rise.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 6:12 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

On my itinerary saved in the planner BA is the first carrier (JNB-CPT) so it's interesting that their new price isn't being reflected.

I would indeed ticket it if I could CPT-DOH as the first flight as I want it to be (and pay in USD which I think is impossible (ZAR funds aren't available to me at the moment but USD are)). If I ticket it as is it won't help me when I come to change it, as it'll re-price entirely given I'd be changing the first sector.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 6:34 am

Programs: qantas platinum (OWE), hyatt platinum, hertz gold
A travel agent ticketed DONE 6

Just advising that I have successfully used a South African travel agent to ticket a DONE 6. I have been impressed with the service provided by this agent. The DONE 6 is ticketed by QATAR and so far all looks good.

There is a charge by the agent but I am very happy. PM me if you want to know more.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 8:14 am

Programs: AA ExPlat (2MM), Marriott LT Titanium
Re-price Existing if Making Changes???

Originally Posted by danger
And I've just priced a DONE5 ex-CPT that I've had in the planner for weeks. It's still pricing ZAR84,813.
So if I need to make changes to an older DONE5 that I'm in the middle of, will I be subject to re-pricing the whole ticket? And if so, how will they calculate the price if I'm 8 segments and 3 continents in??

Old Jun 1, 2016, 10:00 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cphurley
So if I need to make changes to an older DONE5 that I'm in the middle of, will I be subject to re-pricing the whole ticket? And if so, how will they calculate the price if I'm 8 segments and 3 continents in??

No, no. Once an itinerary has commenced historical prices apply. The only thing that may change is the taxes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.