Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

Best use of Miles to get to CGK (OneWorld)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best use of Miles to get to CGK (OneWorld)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2015, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by beckoa
As has been pointed out in the thread, this is a OW topic. So off this goes

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Thanks! I got moved twice! Gotta be a record! haha

I think with the changes coming to AAdvantage I'll for sure be on paid tickets the whole way. That J fare on AY looks VERY tempting.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyingeph12
In my opinion, upgrading with miles isn't worth it. It's 25,000 miles + $350 each way, and you won't be able to upgrade the NRT-CGK leg (a 6hr flight). I would use your miles for an award--and buy the 20K miles if you want J both ways (there's a promo at the moment).

Also, note that AY has great J fares from YYZ to certain Asian markets. For example, YYZ-SIN is $2,589, and you could buy cheap tickets connecting ORD and YYZ, and SIN and CGK.
This J fare is looking good. Also PE on JAL is not near as bad as I thought it would be. Just so I know I'm interpreting the OneWorld and AA rules correctly... I CAN credit both the JAL and the AY fares back to AAdvantage right?
Old Nov 9, 2015, 6:44 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by FlyingLaw
This J fare is looking good. Also PE on JAL is not near as bad as I thought it would be. Just so I know I'm interpreting the OneWorld and AA rules correctly... I CAN credit both the JAL and the AY fares back to AAdvantage right?
Yes, just be sure to put in your AAdvantage number.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyingeph12
Yes, just be sure to put in your AAdvantage number.
Thanks! That's what I thought but didn't want to make a 21,000 in-seat-mile mistake!
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Just booked it! BA TATL both time and AY between LHR and HEL and between HEL and SIN. Looking forward to trying a new carrier!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.