Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DONE3 Ex Tokyo - Using the online tool - Ticketing process

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2015, 10:33 am
Original Poster

DONE3 Ex Tokyo - Using the online tool - Ticketing process

Yesterday I booked a DONE3 starting in Tokyo (Trip starts in January). I have received a confirmation email and the reservation shows up on AA.com and Cathay's website. CX is the issuing airline. I do not have ticket numbers yet and my credit card has not been charged (I used the oneworld rtw tool to book).

I have a few award side trips on hold till the 24th with AA - some of these were hard to find (Multiple passengers\J\F).

My question is should I go ahead and confirm these Award trips now or wait for ticketing? How long does the ticketing process usually take?
Old Sep 23, 2015, 12:07 pm

I've just gone through the process of booking an ex-Tokyo AONE3 using CX. I got the booking reference very quickly and then it took two days for them to issue the e-ticket once they had my credit card details. This was all done via email rather than the rtw tool, however. The reservations and ticketing appear to be separate offices so it took some time to fully price up.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, that helps.

I'm curious was the billing address of the credit card you used based in Japan? (mine is a US address)
Old Sep 23, 2015, 1:41 pm

I used an Amex CC with a UK address.

One thing I forgot to say was that Cathay's Tokyo office generally responded to my emails pretty quickly, so it may be worth firing off a quick email to check the current status of the booking (assuming CX Tokyo are actually dealing with it).
Old Sep 23, 2015, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Was [email protected] the address you were using?

I got that from CX's contact us page:
Old Sep 24, 2015, 1:32 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
FYI, because of weekend and public holiday, Japanese office was closed from 19Sep to 23Sep.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 5:40 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
I used Visa with US address. It took about 4 days to ticket but over a weekend. FWIW, I called CX and asked them to make sure there were no issues with my CC, and they said everything was fine and not to worry. YMMV

BTW, I booked my repositioning award ticket about a month before I purchased my AONE3. I was waiting for the Yen/$ to get to 124 before purchasing. It looks like it has stabilized at around 120 now.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 7:21 am
Original Poster

It ticketed this morning - I got a really nice email from CX Tokyo apologizing for the delay. They explained it usually takes less time but as WasabiTofu had already pointed out they were closed from the 19th to the 23rd.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 7:29 am

Programs: QFF
My DONE3 booked via the CX Japan office had card details taken on a Friday and ticket issued the following Tuesday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.