Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Showing First Class Availability on LAN

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2015, 9:52 am
Original Poster

BA Showing First Class Availability on LAN

From what I understand, LAN has coach and business class and does not have first class. Why does BA.com show first class space on their website? If I see first class space available, and I am using Asia miles to book a South America multi-leg award, will the Asia reps let me book "first class" awards at their "business" price?
Old Jul 16, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
LAN used to have F. Maybe its just bad mapping of booking codes. For example, O on AA is discount Y, but on EY it's an F award. So, AA.com would say you were in coach after buying a F award. They have fixed that.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skunker
LAN used to have F. Maybe its just bad mapping of booking codes. For example, O on AA is discount Y, but on EY it's an F award. So, AA.com would say you were in coach after buying a F award. They have fixed that.
So will I be able to book on the Asia Business tier, do you think, even though it says "first"? There must be some issue since they don't really have F, right?
Old Jul 16, 2015, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by googs185
From what I understand, LAN has coach and business class and does not have first class. Why does BA.com show first class space on their website? If I see first class space available, and I am using Asia miles to book a South America multi-leg award, will the Asia reps let me book "first class" awards at their "business" price?
The First class seats issue is a common problem, see for example this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...a-miles-6.html

I would think that it is doubtful that asiamiles will see availability. As your post/question relates to using asiamiles maybe it is best asked in the CX forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.