Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

OW, BKK and HKG lounges.

OW, BKK and HKG lounges.

Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

OW, BKK and HKG lounges.

I will fly in Y from BKK and connect to CX F from HKG the same day. I can use the lounges in BKK and HKG. I've been into all the J lounges in HKG but never the F lounges. I've never explored the lounges in BKK. I have a choice of a few different flight times, and would like to optimize my time in HKG's F lounges. If I depart BKK early, I won't get to the QF lounge in BKK as they don't open until 2 pm.

What is the QF lounge like in BKK? Am I missing something not going there?

Am I better off maximizing my layover in HKG instead?

Any advice on lounge hopping in these airports will be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
There is a new CX lounge in BKK (which apparently you are aware of), I would concentrate my time in BKK there. In HKG the F Wing and the new F Pier lounge in HKG is where I would be.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...ght=bkk+lounge
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...-2015-a-7.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...j-lounges.html
Old Jul 4, 2015, 6:30 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExP 1MM, Smiles/GOL Diamond, TudoAzul/AZUL Diamond, HHonors Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by tt1122
Am I better off maximizing my layover in HKG instead?
The lounges in HKG are superb, and it is no surprise since they're CX home. I'd rather have a longer layover in HKG than BKK in a heartbeat. Also, the airport itself is much better in HKG.

I haven't been to the new Qantas lounge in HKG, but I've seen pictures and it seems really nice. If I were you I'd be lounge hopping in HKG.

Safe travels!
Old Jul 8, 2015, 6:14 pm

DELETED.

Last edited by lamphs; Jul 8, 2015 at 6:24 pm
Old Jul 9, 2015, 12:29 am

Programs: AF FB Gold, TK Elite
Hi,
Haven't gone to the new CX lounge in BKK. Before it opened, the QF lounge was by far my favorite, both in terms of design and F&B offerings. If i would fly tomorrow, i'd probably try the CX one and go back to QF

Concerning HKG, i've only been to J lounges. Of those, my favorite is the great QF lounge - I found it even better than the CX J lounges.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 12:27 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by HasteFlier
Concerning HKG, i've only been to J lounges. Of those, my favorite is the great QF lounge - I found it even better than the CX J lounges.
Re HKG, best is CX F lounge. Next is QF J lounge.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Went to the BKK lounge this past Friday, 10 July. Verrry nice, and a huge improvement over the old lounge. Much more staff, very visible management. There's now a cooking staff, compared to the old situation of food simply put out in containers. Both dim sum (but a limited selection) and noodles available, custom made to order. You get one of those pager devices and are paged when your food is ready. Self-service alcohol has been replaced by a nice bar with a bartender. The color scheme and overall décor is lovely and consistent with the general lounge theme throughout CX lounges.

Try this place, -- you'll like it!!
Old Oct 1, 2015, 5:14 pm

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
I'm flying QR Bus next week BKK-DOH - which is currently the best O/W lounge at BKK - still the CX lounge?
Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:22 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Bumping this - - CX still the best option at BKK? How about JL?
Old Sep 27, 2016, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Abidjan
Bumping this - - CX still the best option at BKK? How about JL?
Not even close, IMO.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 1:08 am

Programs: AF FB Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Not even close, IMO.
+1 - the renovated CX lounge is by far the best of the OW lounges - i'd put the QF lounge in second position.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 3:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by HasteFlier
+1 - the renovated CX lounge is by far the best of the OW lounges - i'd put the QF lounge in second position.
There is no QF lounge and hasn't been one for over a year now

The CX lounge is nice, but opening times are limited (and the CX and OW website s show conflicting and incorrect opening hours), so the JL lounge is a perfectly adequate option in the evening - better than the TG lounges, but it can get busy
Old Sep 28, 2016, 4:10 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Recently revisited the JL BKK lounge as we had an early (8am) JL flight to NRT. It was very nice though my (Thai) GF likes the noodle bar at the CX lounge better.

A little off the topic, but the CI lounge at BKK is pretty good as well. Recently had to rush back to the US for my best friend's funeral so did CI J to TPE and PE to LAX. Johney Walker Gold Reserve was the scotch choice and decent dim sum selection. Made an appropriate meal selection.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 6:33 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Thanks everyone for the updates!
Old Sep 8, 2019, 12:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
As way of an update. CX lounge at BKK is ok. Nice welcome and not busy at time.of.posting. limited beers and usual array of cocktails from CX. Separate bar area (not self service) and noodle bar as you would.expect although my noodles were undercooked. Nice seating areas. Located Concourse G level 3. Not as well signposted as other lounges. Close to Cathay boarding gates .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.