Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using AA Miles to Upgrade on Other OW Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2015, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Just starting to look for tickets to travel to Rome via either JFK or PHL. It appears OneWorld affiliate Air Berlin has the cheapest flights. Given some of my party has AA miles and others don't, we were going to look to pay for tickets and possibly use miles to upgrade to business class. From the AA site, it mentions upgrades for BA and Iberia flights. However, is it possible to use miles to upgrade with other OW airlines?
Old Jun 19, 2015, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by MASTERNC
Just starting to look for tickets to travel to Rome via either JFK or PHL. It appears OneWorld affiliate Air Berlin has the cheapest flights. Given some of my party has AA miles and others don't, we were going to look to pay for tickets and possibly use miles to upgrade to business class. From the AA site, it mentions upgrades for BA and Iberia flights. However, is it possible to use miles to upgrade with other OW airlines?
Other than US, BA, or IB, the answer is no.
http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/re...l.jsp#upgrades
http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/re...servations.jsp
Old Jun 19, 2015, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MASTERNC
However, is it possible to use miles to upgrade with other OW airlines?
No. This question is often asked.
Some Star Alliance airline's have limited cross airline upgrades on some fares.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA Gold

Also, important to remember that IF upgrades are available on partner airlines such as BA or Iberia, only full fare tickets are eligible, so the discounted tickets that are the cheapest are not eligible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.