Wiki Posts
Search

Will MH remain in oneworld?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2015, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by MeltingAlf
SQ joining OW does them no benefits - CX/QF/MH competition all abound.

But if only...
Although greed is good, competition is better
Old Jun 22, 2015, 11:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: CX MPO
Back on the original point regarding the as-yet-unnamed European carrier willing to invest in MH. Out is IAG/BA (too much smell of colonialism), and also out LH, just because SQ and TG will squeeze MH like a ham piece in sandwich, so all it is remaining is good old AF/KL, and that would made apparently more sense considering the longstanding links with KL, and no doubt about the willingness of the Gouvernement de la Republique to finally flex their muscles against the evil Gulf carriers. Does it makes sense?
Old Jun 23, 2015, 12:33 am

Programs: AF FB Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by CXBA
Back on the original point regarding the as-yet-unnamed European carrier willing to invest in MH. Out is IAG/BA (too much smell of colonialism), and also out LH, just because SQ and TG will squeeze MH like a ham piece in sandwich, so all it is remaining is good old AF/KL, and that would made apparently more sense considering the longstanding links with KL, and no doubt about the willingness of the Gouvernement de la Republique to finally flex their muscles against the evil Gulf carriers. Does it makes sense?
It would be quite surprising, as AF is not in great financial shape, and left its large participation in AZ (Alitalia) to be diluted as a result, when EY bought half of it.
It'd be strange to see AF disinvesting in Alitalia due to cash concerns, only to invest in another troubled carrier, which is not part of SkyTeam.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 9:57 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by chongcao
The CEO also said there were European or Middle East airlines are in touch with MAS to purchase equities in the company. But he states that before MAS back to normal the company will not sell equities to foreign investors from Middle East. (I make an educated guess here that the said ME investor is Etihad)
If it was Etihad/Qatar - I'd be okay with that as they have much better products than MAS. Obviously Qatar is the worst option as they treat their staff poorly - but Etihad does it better and they have much better products - it seems to have started working out better for Jet Airways in India.

I wonder if Emirates would ever consider diversifying their portfolio...

Originally Posted by hillrider
I think he needs to attract and keep the high-profit flyers first. Right now MH is the preferred carrier of the cheap frequent flyers, especially in J-cabin.
On this, I have dropped Enrich for MAS, as their devaluation of their FF was ridiculous. However, their flights out of KL on Business are actually really decent within Asia (ie: India) - definitely the better option in terms of pricing, not the hard product though.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 11:39 pm
Suspended

If it was Etihad/Qatar - I'd be okay with that as they have much better products than MAS. Obviously Qatar is the worst option as they treat their staff poorly - but Etihad does it better and they have much better products - it seems to have started working out better for Jet Airways in India.
highly debatable statements, starting with "Etihad better than Qatar" (based on what?) and ending with "working out better for Jet Airways" (which frankly do not see that much at the moment, if else 9W has not yet stopped their descent to mediocre service levels). Btw MH levels of service and hardware are perfectly comparable to the two gulf carriers mentioned, and far ahead of anything 9W may throw on the market.

I wonder if Emirates would ever consider diversifying their portfolio...
they've been shafted well in their own investment in Srilankan (although was likely another of Rajapaksha's stunts). Do not see them overly eager to invest in another one.

On this, I have dropped Enrich for MAS, as their devaluation of their FF was ridiculous. However, their flights out of KL on Business are actually really decent within Asia (ie: India) - definitely the better option in terms of pricing, not the hard product though.
something we can agree upon. I took some flights from Bangladesh to KL last year and availed myself of a paid upgrade to business. Best decision took in long time, as said above service and hardware was top notch.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 12:34 pm

highly debatable statements, starting with "Etihad better than Qatar" (based on what?)
I was talking about the Airlines, how they treat their employees (based on common knowledge and friends I had working for Etihad and Emirates). Had a nice discussion with a Malaysian FA on Qatar Regional F, and he was fairly forthcoming that it wasn't a healthy working experience - never got around to asking him why he joined in the first place.

Nothing to do with service, MH is decent (though economy can be.. less than ideal at times in this department).
Old Jul 1, 2015, 9:31 pm
Suspended

I have also acquaintances working for EK as FAs and they are also less than positive about their experiences there. Anyway let's try to not take anedoctal evidence as a proof of working environment. EY compared to the other two has a significant less number of foreigners working with them, is actively trying to grow by investing in other carriers, as opposed of the direct grow of the other twos, so it does not so far need to employ foreigners in as much high numbers. Still, being Abu Dhabi and Dubai members of the same entity their cultural background is not different at all regarding working conditions and environments. One final word on MH to say that so far given the tragedies that struck them in the last year, i am amazed and moved by the outstanding display of professionalism showed during my trips, in all classes. It is a pity that such a dedicated workforce is involved in a painful restructuring, and I wiah all of them the best. MH deserves only for this to come out of this a stronger carrier.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
I have also acquaintances working for EK as FAs and they are also less than positive about their experiences there. Anyway let's try to not take anedoctal evidence as a proof of working environment. EY compared to the other two has a significant less number of foreigners working with them, is actively trying to grow by investing in other carriers, as opposed of the direct grow of the other twos, so it does not so far need to employ foreigners in as much high numbers. Still, being Abu Dhabi and Dubai members of the same entity their cultural background is not different at all regarding working conditions and environments. One final word on MH to say that so far given the tragedies that struck them in the last year, i am amazed and moved by the outstanding display of professionalism showed during my trips, in all classes. It is a pity that such a dedicated workforce is involved in a painful restructuring, and I wiah all of them the best. MH deserves only for this to come out of this a stronger carrier.

Well spoken ^
Old Jul 5, 2015, 7:16 am

Really? I have 4 friends working in Dubai on EK - and they absolutely love it. 3 work on Economy, 1 on Business (or is allowed to however that works). I've seen their place of residence as well and it is absolutely stunning, 5-10 mins walk from the Burj Khalifa.

One of my friends, she doesn't want to leave because it's such an amazing experience for her. So I guess you'll have the haters and lovers on anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.