Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

Holding same flight on a couple different airlines?

Old May 22, 2015, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

I'm making a decision in the next couple days about an itinerary to Ireland later in the summer. I have a hold on BA right now. I see another itinerary I'd like to hold, this one AA (where I have my FF#). But one of the planes involved is identical with one of the BA flights (which is a BA plane / operation). I did not give my FF# to BA when I bought the 72-hour lock.

I know that if you put multiple holds on the same flight with AA, things go south. Would I have a problem holding both of these on different airlines? My concern, of course, is that BA's computer will get the info and start cancelling things.

Thank you.
Old May 22, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
No.
AA's and BA's systems do not 'talk' to each other to that extent. I've done this with absolutely no problem.
Old May 22, 2015, 3:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
AA has recently upped its surveillance software. So, don't count on any anecdotal stories more than a couple of months old.
Old May 22, 2015, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Thank you!

What I ended up booking (/holding) has no actual overlap, though it's the same routes essentially, at different times of day. I'll hope it works out. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.