Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

Business class into HKG on AA, connecting on Dragonair, will I have lounge access?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business class into HKG on AA, connecting on Dragonair, will I have lounge access?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by Kachjc
for some reason I thought KA uses A330's to CAN...

so only main terminal gates

and to others here

KA is OW member, through CX
its all over KA and they remind you every flight!

and KA is basically CX with a different livery...
I think of KA as CX's child.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 2:35 am

Lounge access

I will be returning from Bangkok via Doha with Qatar J into Amsterdam. I have a 4 hr lay over before connecting on short haul KLM to Manchester. As KLM is not a one world member will I be able to use any of the lounges. Outbound I understand that Qatar use the new BA lounge.
Thanks
Old Jun 18, 2015, 3:07 am

Programs: CX (elite) and a few others (non-elite)
Originally Posted by s0ssos
I flew into HKG on CX F, out in J. By lounge pass didn't say first, and on CX's page they didn't specify regarding the long-haul to short rule. So you may want to verify
No need for verification, the rules are clear. If you are connecting long-haul to short-haul or vice versa, and the long-haul route is in a premium cabin, you are entitled to use the lounge for that cabin during the connection. See here under the section on oneworld lounge access for first or business class customers, connecting flights

Originally Posted by gemini573
The evening flight uses the 320. The chances of the op having to use the 500 gates are high.
OP should bear in mind that there is no lounge at the satellite terminal, so use the lounges in the main terminal and only head to the gate when close to the departure time

Originally Posted by Ronel
I will be returning from Bangkok via Doha with Qatar J into Amsterdam. I have a 4 hr lay over before connecting on short haul KLM to Manchester. As KLM is not a one world member will I be able to use any of the lounges. Outbound I understand that Qatar use the new BA lounge.
Thanks
You have already posted your own thread on this, so please don't cross-post - it's against the rules
Old Jun 24, 2015, 11:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Originally Posted by FrugalLuxury
Indeed the supposed 2.5 hour connection could turn out to be far shorter, and some lounges are quite far from each other or your gate area.
My experience has ben very similar... fling into HKG on AA often is 30 to 45 minutes late. A few times the flight unloaded into buses on the Tarmac. In any case its typically 30 to 40 minutes or more to get unloaded and walk to the transfer check point. If that is crowded add 20 minutes or more. I then typically head for the Wing ... maybe a 15 minute walk. So I typically have 30 to 45 minutes in the lounge not 3 hours... as you have to allow time to get to your outbound gate...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.