Wiki Posts
Search

Suggestions on 16 sector RTW ex JNB

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2015, 8:28 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by yurui
Hallo, everyone.
This is my first post to flyertalk, and English is not my native language.
So, I am sorry if there are lots of unnatural phrase or confusing word.

Turning to the main topic, I am planning ex-JNB RTW, and details are below.

JNB-DOH-LHR-DOH-CDG-HND-SIN-NRT-HKG-DFW-ANC-DFW-SJU-JFK-LAX-DOH-CPT

I really like this routing, because total miles will reach over 60k and I will be able to enjoy a lot of QR flisght.
However, I'm not sure if this is correct according to the OW RTW rules. Especially between LHR and Middle Eastern cities rule is strict and difficult;

Could you give me some advice?

Thank you for reading my poor English.

P.S. I would like to express my condolences to all the people of France.
Welcome to FT. Your English is better than mine, so no worry.

Your itin seems OK, assuming you fly LAX-DOH after January 01 (Inaugural). You can use this site to check:
http://www.slfft.org/mm/award.htm

Note that ex-Japan RTW enjoys reasonable fares too, albeit not as low as ex-South Africa.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 8:55 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Hallo, everyone.

I really like this routing, because total miles will reach over 60k and I will be able to enjoy a lot of QR flisght.
However, I'm not sure if this is correct according to the OW RTW rules. Especially between LHR and Middle Eastern cities rule is strict and difficult;

Welcome to FT yurui

As allset2travel said, your itinerary is valid, but there are a couple of things to note:
  • Mileage Monkey (that allset2travel gave the link to) is no longer maintained and it has not been updated with changed routes or to cope with the new (2013) rules regarding a second entry to Europe/Middle East (but your itinerary is valid in this regard - it satisfies backtrack rule 3.2.2 in the table below)
  • Nevertheless, you may have a problem getting it ticketed, because some airlines might misinterpret the rules - see this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...-question.html
  • You will not be able to book your itinerary using the online tool - because your first carrier is Qatar Airways and the tool doesn't work for it
  • Your final visit to DOH must be a transit without stopover, meaning it must be no longer than 24 hours

Have fun planning your trip and feel free to ask as many questions as you like
From the Fare Rules:

Edited to add:
Above I failed to address this concern "Especially between LHR and Middle Eastern cities rule is strict and difficult"
The rule simply states that you cannot have more than two flights between the U.K. and a bunch of destinations, including the Middle East.
You have two only such flights - DOH-LHR and LHR-DOH, so your itinerary does not break this rule

Last edited by pandaperth; Nov 15, 2015 at 1:22 am
Old Nov 15, 2015, 5:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Gold
Mr./Ms. allset2travel and pandaperth

I really appreciate your help.
Particularly, I worried about between LHR and Middle Eastern cities rule, so detailed description is really useful for me.

I will have a plan to ticket this itinerary next January and I hope more weaker ZAR.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hallo, everyone.

Welcome to FlyerTalk

I think that DFW-ANC is a seasonal flight, so it might not be running when you need it.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 7:56 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by Calchas
Welcome to FlyerTalk

I think that DFW-ANC is a seasonal flight, so it might not be running when you need it.
Yep, DFW-ANC is seasonal. Late June to end Sep IRC.
PHX-ANC is (currently) year round.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Himeno
Yep, DFW-ANC is seasonal. Late June to end Sep IRC.
PHX-ANC is (currently) year round.
but does phx-anc show up?

I couldn't get the flights and i did try "lots" of dates
Old Nov 15, 2015, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Mr./Ms. allset2travel and pandaperth

I really appreciate your help.
Particularly, I worried about between LHR and Middle Eastern cities rule, so detailed description is really useful for me.

I will have a plan to ticket this itinerary next January and I hope more weaker ZAR.
aim for next feb/march if you can wait.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jkuok
but does phx-anc show up?

I couldn't get the flights and i did try "lots" of dates
No, the tool doesn't show a lot of (former) US flights.

It's allowed but it doesn't appear.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 10:41 am

Programs: AA-EXP, LATAM Gold+, BA-Blues
Originally Posted by jkuok
aim for next feb/march if you can wait.
Why?
Old Nov 16, 2015, 11:07 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by checkerboard
Why?
Presumably because (a) the tool might be updated with more ex-US flights (yeah, right) and/or (b) DFW-ANC might be on the timetable.

Frankly I'd just book the ticket now and suck it up for the $125 reissue fee later. Speculating on the ZAR sounds more risky.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 4:57 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Originally Posted by Gardyloo
Presumably because (a) the tool might be updated with more ex-US flights (yeah, right) and/or (b) DFW-ANC might be on the timetable.
Frankly I'd just book the ticket now and suck it up for the $125 reissue fee later. Speculating on the ZAR sounds more risky.
I agree with booking now, but (IMO) the greater risk is OW raising the price exJBN/CPT. But I've been looking at "ordinary" PEY tickets. A blind spot in the OW offerings.

Happy wandering

Fred
Old Nov 16, 2015, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by wandering_fred
... the greater risk is OW raising the price exJBN/CPT.
Don't underestimate this risk. They've done it every time they see a real discrepancy developing over time, e.g., MRU, KRT.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Don't underestimate this risk. They've done it every time they see a real discrepancy developing over time, e.g., MRU, KRT.
Aye, KRT was dropped completely from the xONEx fares list. For a while AB forgot to remove its version of the fare but I don't think anyone ever got that to work

Not likely to happen for South Africa of course, but it could certainly be repriced or even priced in USD instead.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
de-leted
Old Dec 8, 2015, 6:32 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
Unfortunately, ex-JNB XONEX fare just have been increased, IMHO.

Expert Flyer fare search shows

LONE4/5/6 24122/28500/33516 ZAR
DONE4/5/6 67192/77383/91770 ZAR
AONEWC3 95714 ZAR

My last ex-JNB DONE4 is 59010ZAR base fare in March2015.

Now, AONEWC3 is same price as ex-JPN.
I just did an EF fare search for ex-JNB RTWs and the results are lower than you got in April:

Results from ExpertFlyer.com
Code:
Fare Information Search:

Departing JNB on 12/01/15 for JNB
Flying AA  
Purchasing at JNB
Viewing in currency ZAR
Show Fares for All Travel Dates

Fare Basis  Airline  Booking  Trip Type   Fare           Cabin  Effective  Expiration  Min/Max  Advanced
                     Class                                      Date       Date        Stay     Purchase Req
LGLOB29     AA       L        Round-Trip  21160.00 (ZAR) E                             -- / 12M 
LONE4       AA       L        Round-Trip  21160.00 (ZAR) E                             -- / 12M 
LGLOB34     AA       L        Round-Trip  25000.00 (ZAR) E                             -- / 12M 
LONE5       AA       L        Round-Trip  25000.00 (ZAR) E                             -- / 12M 
LGLOB39     AA       L        Round-Trip  29400.00 (ZAR) E                             -- / 12M 
LONE6       AA       L        Round-Trip  29400.00 (ZAR) E                             -- / 12M 
DGLOB34     AA       D        Round-Trip  58940.00 (ZAR) B                             -- / 12M 
DONE4       AA       D        Round-Trip  58940.00 (ZAR) B                             -- / 12M 
DONE5       AA       D        Round-Trip  67880.00 (ZAR) B                             -- / 12M 
DONE6       AA       D        Round-Trip  80500.00 (ZAR) B                             -- / 12M 
AGLOB34     AA       A        Round-Trip  96500.00 (ZAR) F                             -- / 12M 
AONE4       AA       A        Round-Trip  96500.00 (ZAR) F                             -- / 12M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.